Who have you influenced to play the game?

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
I'd like to think I had some influence over my children loving the game now that they're grown. As a family, we used to go to the course and hack it around. They would laugh at me because I would get so mad. We still play when possible and it is the best time ever. Here's a picture of them when we played in Vegas in 2011. Thankfully they don't laugh at me much anymore.

403777_2961125154320_1372393621_n.jpg

The best is yet to come????:beauty:

That's really cool KB. Glad you've made it a family activity.

I've got my two best friends from college into the game, one of them is even taking lessons.

My two sons, one took to it like a fish in water and the other enjoys playing but doesn't care if he plays or not. It's a blast getting out there with them both though, I love it.

My brother that is 4 years younger and my wife. He plays less than he used to now due to nagging back problems, but my wife is addicted to the game as much as I am.

My brother and my son. My brother tried it for a short time and put it down however he keeps telling me he is retiring this year and will take it back up. :thumb:

Mr brother, sister, brother in law, Dad, father in law

thats about it

So far, only my father. He played sparingly throughout his life, but once I took to the game he started playing a little more. And last year he even joined my golf league. Seeing him have fun and enjoy the game puts a big old smile on my face.

I got my youngest son involved a couple years ago... it took a while because he was into some of those x-game type things. It took a while, but as soon as he started playing he was hooked. He is even more hardcore than I am. He goes out into the field behind his house and hits balls - when it's 20 degrees out! He played his first year on the golf team last year and was their golfer of the year, which I was pretty proud of. My 13 year old step-daughter now is getting into it - I am getting her some lessons this spring. She likes the game, and I told her it is probably the quickest way to an athletic scholarship... It surely can't hurt!

My best friend and his son. Both live down in North Carolina and my buddy only used to play when I would come down to visit. But now as my friend's son has gotten older, they are playing more. The last time down, all 3 of walked played 18 holes on a Saturday afternoon and it was really cool.

Without a shadow of a doubt my pops.

My wife and son. Time on the course with them is a blast.

Yesterday my son (a junior) reported to his first HS golf practice… He had a 52 for nine, he started the game last April but wouldn't play while he was in football and wrestling, so he is still a 'beginner' of sorts. I get the props for this future golfer.

Besides my kids, I've convinced one of my coworkers to take lessons.

A buddy and his wife, I have tried to get my wife to play but she is not interested unless its in putting.

Gradually working on getting little man out more. Great pics Kelly!

Wife, daughter, and many co-workers.

My older Brother. We were polar opposites growing up. I was into sports, he was a straight A student into music and electronics. Golf is a common ground for us now as it can be just as much about coordination and physicality as it is science, math and knowledge of the game.

My older Brother. We were polar opposites growing up. I was into sports, he was a straight A student into music and electronics. Golf is a common ground for us now as it can be just as much about coordination and physicality as it is science, math and knowledge of the game.

Sounds like my boys and the same thing happened. They live across the US from each other but play golf just about every time they see each other.

My wife and hopefully the kids too down the road.

My son. He loves to play with his clubs and enjoys watching it on tv. Hopefully he will be an influence on his little brother too

My wife's niece recently graduated with a degree in business. She asked me for advice regarding her career. My advice, learn to play golf--more deals are developed at the 19th hole than any Board Room. I told her that whenever I was meeting with someone trying to sell me a service or product, the meetings ended with do you play and where. Bankers are great for golfing oppertunites at rather nice venues. Her graduation gift--a package of golf lessons. She was employed by a national consulting firm and has reported that she has in fact played in some business related scramble outings.

My son and daughter. Both enjoy playing. I have a set of old clubs to a friend once but think he only played once or twice.

My father and hopefully my daughter. My father got into the game so we could spend time together. Just hanging and playing golf with him are some of my favorite times in my life.

My two year old son is starting to take an interest in the game. It is so much fun watching him play on the putting green.

All 3 of my boys have clubs and play occasionally. None of them really took to golf like I had hoped though.

Back