Who have you met?

Wow - I have not met anyone that interesting - I have however played golf with a friend of the family who used to have Bernhard Langer caddy for him. Does that count?

Alice Cooper shops are my grocery store.

Got to loop for quite a few folks back during my caddie days, including Pesci, LT, Jay Wright & Rollie Massimino, JR Smith.

An interesting golf-related encounter was looping for Steve Scott (most famously known for his epic collapse against Tiger in the 1996 US AM). I asked him if he ever regretted telling Tiger to replace his ball marker on the 34th hole, and he said he’d do the same thing 100% of the time regardless of its impact on the outcome of the match.

Last edited:
First one that comes to mind is Former Secretary of State John Kerry. I was in a crowd of people and he was shaking hands with everyone. Our exchange went something like this.

18 year old me: “Dude what’s up?”
Senator Kerry: “Hey man”

Totally blew my mind and may have had a small part in changing my life.
And now that I think about it I also meet Senator Chris Dodd and shared a Chili dinner with him in Iowa when he was running for President in 2008. The International Association of Firefighters supported Dodd during the early stages of his campaign, so he came to dinner with us at our fire station when I was a firefighter in Iowa City, IA.

Outside of the NBA player Michael Finley I can't think of anyone. It was pretty cool because he gave me one of his shoes as he left.

Season 6, Episode 8.

Cool. Where is she? I'll have to watch it and tell my kids that I know someone who is married to a friend of that extra!

This is unique to each person, and their importance to you.

I’ve met plenty of people who are famous in their own rights; many hockey players, and TV personalities included.

In golf, Lee Westwood is someone I have spoken to a couple of times if he has been at his club near me

Non-golf I have met a number of sports people, the late Sir Bobby Robson had a family member live a few doors away from my parents, but he came back to visit the school I was at as he was a pupil there and our football team all got to spend time with him. Met a number of other footballers including Neil Lennon, Steve McManaman, Shay Given
I have also met a few motorcycle racers when races were held at the track near where I live

Larry Mowry, J.C. Snead, Bob Eastwood, Hubert Green, Gay Brewer and Jim Colbert - all playing in or at Champions Tour pro-ams. Joe Namath I met and I had my picture taken with him on the field at the College All-Star game played August 1, 1969 at Soldier Field. I was in charge of the army contingent for the pre-game ceremonies and National Anthem at the time.

I got hammered with Richard Branson in Tortola. Played a round of golf with Rocco Mediate and had no idea who he was and that he was a pro, I was floored at what he did with the ball but not until later figured out who he was.

this deserves a podcast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Met Gary Player on the driving range at the Ritz Carlton in Jupiter(now Trump's place I think). It was when I first started to play(hit some houses that day). Had no idea who he was and he was standing right next to me on the range. Was talking smack to this other guy that was practicing using some type of speed trainer and Player was making fun of him. When we were leaving Joe Namath rolls in. I was out of my element for sure that day.

I have met Rickie, Rocco, Vijay, Stewart Cink among some others. Had some beverages one night with Deuce Staley when he was a Steeler. That's all I can say about that.

No famous golfers.

I was flying on a small ~19 psgr plane from northern OK to DFW and spent a little time chatting with Cary Elwes. He had been there filming Twister and we started talking about life in tornado alley. Seemed like a super nice guy.

Many famous musicians, but if we limit it to golf, Jamie Sadlowski, Kenny Perry, Brooks Koepka and DJ's coach Jeff Pierce, and I've met the legend that is @JB :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back