Who introduced you to the game?

My roommate in the Marine Corps. Was always going, and I tagged along one day. Spent about 15 minutes at the range with some rental clubs and off we went.

One of my best friends got me into this addiction.

When my son was a HS senior playing on the golf team, he talked me off the range and onto the course. Once I got the confidence to be out there and learned a little etiquette and some of the rules from him, it was all downhill from there.

I played a little in HS, but mostly just driving range and par 3 course. My boss is the one that really got me started playing in ‘95. Thanks @kumagic

My mom and dad introduced me to the game. My brother, mom and I would play behind my dad’s weekend game.

It was my uncle. He and my Grandma would take me out when I was young. He even brought me along for a lesson or 2 of his. Gave me sets of clubs to start out. So grateful he got me into the game.

Lots of great stories in here.

My dad, when I was around 12, took me to a public course a couple of times. More recently, my brother reintroduced me to golf in my 50's. Different game, as he had been a college player and was and is a high school golf coach.

My grandfather set me up with a set of plastic clubs and converted me from lefty to righty. He did the same thing with my lefty uncle. I wasn’t patient enough when I was young to fully appreciate it, but I’ll always be grateful for the memories of the rounds I shared with him.

My dad introduced me at a younger age but I never appreciated the game until I started playing on a regular basis.

My dad... Kinda... But my uncle is the one who took us out to play... My brother has really gotten it to sink in. .. THP has made it my life's obsession, tho

I was actually introduced to the game by a friend. We were both junior tennis players, but he also played golf. As competitive as we always were, he could never take me in a tennis match so him being so competitive he wanted to take me to play something where he thought he had an advantage. So he took me to the golf course. A humbling experience to say the least. Some time later, I actually bought my first set of clubs from him as he went on the play high school golf while I stayed with tennis.

My father; we had a very old par 3 course near our house that we would occasionally play at. I was never very serious about golf back then, just was a fun time to spend time with my old man. Many years after college I picked the game up again and quickly got the bug.

Took the game up myself. Viewing tv and watching sports highlights of Tiger Woods in his prime peaked my interest

In a previous life when I was 19 yo, I was introduced to golf by an older fellow worker who was a low marker and who's son was a golfing prodigy. He coaxed me out to our local course to watch he and his son hit balls. I actually found it pretty boring as I was into basketball and football. In hindsight, I missed an opportunity to learn a game that became an obsession in my mid 20's.
My workmate's son became a professional golfer at Royal Queensland GC , underCharlie Erp, following Greg Norman. His daughter Tracie married Payne Stewart.

The first year we were married, we spent a weekend at a lake cabin with mother and father-in-law, brother-in-law and his family and bride’s aunt and uncle. The three men played and needed a fourth, so I was recruited. Being a poor newly wed, they paid my $3.25 green fee and $1 club and push cart rental and supplied balls. Shot a 120 that day in 1972 and got a set of Walmart Northwestern clubs and bag for Christmas. IIRC they cost $49 for bag, 1 & 3 woods (laminated), 2 - 9 irons and putter. Been hooked ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back