Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Jason Horodezky joins the show to talk all about shafts and Kinetixx shafts in particular.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but we talk about a little bit of a name change from Paderson to Kinetixx, what makes them unique and a whole lot more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Jason Horodezky goes Off Course.

Episode 48 is here and Dan and his guest Jason Horodezky discuss the following topics.

Who is Kinetixx?
What makes Kinetixx shafts different from others?
Bryson and One Length?
New Age vs Old Age thinking
And so much more

Continue reading...

I’ve been waiting for this one! You all want smart? Jason is one of the smartest out there. Cannot wait to dive in this morning!

This is fantastic! By coincidence I just sent Kinetixx an email yesterday... shafts on the brain. Tuning in now!

This is fantastic! By coincidence I just sent Kinetixx an email yesterday... shafts on the brain. Tuning in now!

They have really good service. Tell them you are a THPer, they will take care of you :D

This was stellar.

Jason is wicked smart, and @Canadan your way of guiding the interview made for some truly great and down to earth conversation with you two.

I need to dive deeper into some of the Kinetixx offerings for sure. That Velocity driver shaft needs to be tried.

Listening now and while my brain is exploding its really making me want to try one of their shafts. Edel OL irons....is like cheating :D

Last edited:
The first 15 minutes were slightly above my pay grade, but I can tell Jason is stupid smart and passionate about the tech and quality in his products. He really has me pumped about OL.

Ok...the putter shaft conversation was really cool.

Ok,

I got about half way through this on my way to work.. My head is spinning by some of the things I am hearing..

First off.. Jason Horodezky seems like a super genius...

2nd.. I have known a bit about how they are different from other shaft companies but this is next level..

3rd. He very low key called out other shaft companies in a way that has me doing some research...

Last edited:
I loved the question back. "Why do you use steel"
Haha I ask that when playing irons. Never really thought about it for putters but @Canadan is right 90% of golfers probably don't maybe more.

@Canadan the Bryson deciple....Jason was incredible. Awesome show.

I've always been intrigued by them, can't wait to listen and learn more!

OH!!!! Single length player!! His bag sounds legit..

Ok...the putter shaft conversation was really cool.
Crazy, right?

He made a couple comments that had me questioning 20 years of letting the putter shaft be selected for me.

Thoroughly loved this one, thanks @Canadan. The info in the beginning was great as it explained really well their process and what differs them vs the rest of the other manufacturers. When prepping these tips what is the finish you are looking for as I’ve always found myself scared to take off to much to get a bond. Is there a OEM working with them on the 3 length set of shafts as far as heads go? Curious as to how that would work if trying to use either a single length head set or variable length head set. Glad he explained the name switch as I was wondering not even 2 weeks ago as to why GolfWorks had separate sections for these shafts now it is clear.

I currently play Paderson and love their shafts. This podcast kind of helped validate why I like this company. I cant wait for the putter shaft and for them to work on their outreach. I had not really heard of them until I got into Long drive. That is when I noticed a majority of the guys had Paderson shafts, so I had to try it.

This peaked my interest even more about one length irons and got me looking into the Edel one length irons.

I got about 15-20 minutes in on the way to work..... I may be too simple to understand half of what he is saying haha. But.... sounds like they do some really cool stuff haha..

He is correct that I enjoy feeling/seeing the tech. Also, had no idea that many shaft makers out there ground down older shafts to re build newer models or whatever...... is that 99% statement accurate and how does that work/affect the shaft.... wild to me

Ok,

I got about half way through this on my way to work.. My head is spinning by some of the things I am hearing..

First off.. Jason Horodezky seems like a super genius...

2nd.. I have known a bit about how they are different from other shaft companies but this is next level..

3rd. He very low key called out other shaft companies in a way that has me doing some research...

exactly..... that 3rd is very intriguing to me......

The thing about Kinetxx is their products are hard for me to understand.. Their is a ton of numbers on their website some of which I understand. Others not so much. If I was able to digest their info better and understand their products better I would probably own some of them. I just dont really understand them very well so I dont.

I can tell they are highly technical and have a ton of R&D in their shafts. Their installation guide is interesting as well.. Very straight forward do's and do nots while building with their products.

The thing about Kinetxx is their products are hard for me to understand.. Their is a ton of numbers on their website some of which I understand. Others not so much. If I was able to digest their info better and understand their products better I would probably own some of them. I just dont really understand them very well so I dont.

I can tell they are highly technical and have a ton of R&D in their shafts. Their installation guide is interesting as well.. Very straight forward do's and do nots while building with their products.

If you have questions, never hesitate to ask.

It's interesting because I think a lot of the coding is based on popularity.
For instance we understand Project X 5.0-7.0.
We understand UST Mamiya F3, F4, etc etc
For some reason D30, D30+, etc is a bit confusing, but I think that is based on how often they are discussed.

If you have questions, never hesitate to ask.

It's interesting because I think a lot of the coding is based on popularity.
For instance we understand Project X 5.0-7.0.
We understand UST Mamiya F3, F4, etc etc
For some reason D30, D30+, etc is a bit confusing, but I think that is based on how often they are discussed.

I agree with this..

For example.. What is the overall weight of the of Ballistic TP? I would guess it is 75grams based on their model number. But I do not know if that is the case.

I have been clicking around their site all morning. lol.. Jason blew my mind today.

I agree with this..

For example.. What is the overall weight of the of Ballistic TP? I would guess it is 75grams based on their model number. But I do not know if that is the case.

I have been clicking around their site all morning. lol.. Jason blew my mind today.

That is an easy one. They are there, but seem hidden sometimes on mobile. This might help. Once you click on a shaft it has all of the specs. If you click the plus sign, it opens up and gives weight and what flex equivalent would be.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.02.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.03.01 AM.png

I agree with this..

Ballistic TP in S flex is 74g.....

I find this statement about the ballistic TP extremely interesting based of buzz surrounding a particular shaft the recently came out claiming to the same thing.

"An active shaft that increases in frequency the greater the force applied."

Back