Who Is The Most Overrated Golfer On Tour?

It’s certainly an opinion. 🙃 glad he strung it together today. Especially in the playoffs.

Just joking. But can you please provide the next guy on your list. Would like to put some $$ on him next week :LOL:

Tough question. There are a bunch of guys with serious credentials - major winners - who are still in the heart of their careers who haven’t done much in a while. Guys like Jason Day, Spieth, Rory, etc. Are those guys overrated because it’s been 3-5 years (or more) since they’ve been real threats or are they just passed their primes?

Absolutely Spieth goes on that list, IMO.

Currently? Tiger Woods. Over his career one of the greatest ever. But right now? Every time he does play a tournament the expectations of him winning are just crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I gotta think Rickie is making a case for being at the top of this list. I think there's some other golfers that had hype that haven't been doing well, but I think largely they've shed expectations that would make them overrated.

Short and sweet. Let's hear it.

Love me some Will Zalatoris, very fun guy to watch play golf but dude cannot seem to string it together.
This didn’t age well. He was on the Korn Ferry Tour last yer and won this weekend. Finished 2nd in two majors and several other high finishes

Short and sweet. Let's hear it.

Love me some Will Zalatoris, very fun guy to watch play golf but dude cannot seem to string it together.

Fowler AINEC
Finau
Schaufle
Varner

Yeah, I gotta think Rickie is making a case for being at the top of this list. I think there's some other golfers that had hype that haven't been doing well, but I think largely they've shed expectations that would make them overrated.
It doesn’t seem like anybody has any expectations for Rickie anymore though. He’s still media popular because he’s a good guy and fits their advertising demographic, but I don’t see much hype around his actual game.

Rory, on the other hand, is apparently the odds favorite to win this week, after a MC last weekend. That’s hype. It’s like the golf media doesn’t even know anything about the game of golf, Rory is just their darling right now because he’s the head of the anti-LIV hit squad and that’s the popular media narrative flavor.

It doesn’t seem like anybody has any expectations for Rickie anymore though. He’s still media popular because he’s a good guy and fits their advertising demographic, but I don’t see much hype around his actual game.

Rory, on the other hand, is apparently the odds favorite to win this week, after a MC last weekend. That’s hype. It’s like the golf media doesn’t even know anything about the game of golf, Rory is just their darling right now because he’s the head of the anti-LIV hit squad and that’s the popular media narrative flavor.
3rd at the Open ➡ MC ➡ odds favorite to win as world #3 and #9 in FedEx Cup points.

You’re suggesting the oddsmakers give Rory higher odds and their lack of doing so is hype?

Back