Who is your nemesis?

We don't really compete, but I do look at the other guys' scores just because I'm competitive within myself like that. Sometimes I beat them, sometimes they beat me. Probably my biggest scare right now is one friend who just took the game up a couple years ago and is progressing very rapidly, I don't like the idea of him beating me eventually! :D

I’m kinda trying to be that guy with my group...they all have 10+ yrs playing on me so I feel like I gotta improve rapidly :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

The closest for me is probably my brother but he's way better than me and kicks my butt the majority of the time. I'm dumb enough to keep playing him straight up so I guess I deserve it.

I used to take matches against Puttin4bird pretty seriously. Here's who I tended to measure myself against on the course.

There are 2 guys I can’t get past in the Club Championship. I have been tied with both of them on the last tee and missed a playoff off by 1. They are both amazing golfers.

I generally don't have golfers as a nemesis, more like golf holes. There are some I just have a hard time playing well, and scoring on them. And it doesn't have to be one of the harder holes on the course either.

I was the nemesis, until today. The father in law and me lost to my 2 buddies for the first time ever since we started competing against each other in match play about a year ago. I’m sulking right now LOL.

My buddy Kenny is who I'm always battling with, but he tends to win more because his game is more consistent and smooth. But its always a good time, good vibes, some brews, and catching up + shenanigans

Other than my own worst enemy is myself and my ego, too many stupid shots worsening up my score

I have met the enemy and he is me!
Well said!! :ROFLMAO: I am certainly my own worst enemy. Hit a great drive and follow it up with a shanked shot on approach :eek:

buddy of mine plays just as well as I. He is Slooooow. Sometimes it just puts me off my game....that is my achenes heel. But i am my own worst enemy....tht 6" be†ween my ears

buddy of mine plays just as well as I. He is Slooooow. Sometimes it just puts me off my game....that is my achenes heel. But i am my own worst enemy....tht 6" be†ween my ears
Slow play can be tough, but even worse than that is a friend of a friend who occasionally plays with us. He starts flapping his gums when he arrives in the parking lot, and doesn't stop until you drive away at the end of the round. Not trash talking or being a dbag or anything, just conversation. He's the nicest guy in the world and doesn't mean any harm by it, it's just who he is. If he were my opponent, that constant jabbering would get in my head worse than probably anything else. Every time we play with him, I'm ready to take one of my socks off and stuff it in his mouth by the third or fourth hole, he really gets me off my game with it. I'm really not anti-social and I love some chit-chat on the course, but man, there's a time to give it a rest for a few seconds once in a while too.

My nemesis is my own emotions. If I could just keep that in check I would do a lot better. I am working on it though.

My buddy in Nashville @BCSupreme. We have a long history of playing against each other. We are the captains for our buddies golf trip this year and our record against each other in singles matches is 1-1-1. It's the rubber match of rubber matches this year in Myrtle Beach to settle it.

nahhhh. although @Gunner might disagree

Me.

Nemesis has such a negative connotation to me. I don't tend to hang onto the animosity necessary to describe someone like that. One of my buddies definitely senses when I'm off though, and somehow plays his ass off at the opportunity to beat me. So annoying. It's like he bases his play on my facial/physical reaction to my first shot, ****er. :LOL:

I did run into a good local player I went up against a couple times this summer after our round yesterday. Not a THP'er as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if he equipment lurked. We didn't realize he was behind us, and when we chatted after, I did get the impression that I might be his nemesis. lol He seemed to be hanging on to some things I had forgot all about.

I can lose to anyone at any time.

Most matches are decided on the first tee box during stroke negotiations lol.

My younger brother.

I never really play golf to beat anyone I'm playing with, always trying to play my best.

Sorry, but just had to tell you this. What I highlighted in red is spelled Achilles.

My brother! I could be having the round of my life and he’d beat me by a stroke.

I'm fortunate enough to have been in business with 2 of my best friends for about 13 years now.

One of them plays casually, the other plays quite a bit more and we are pretty evenly matched.

I spent the first 12 years trying to beat him. I got close a few times but was thwarted:

• I was up 5 strokes after 3 holes in a 9 hole match. Thunderstorm rolled in; match over.
  • On 17 tee I was up 5 strokes... par 3... he made birdie... I dropped one in the trap, failed to get out with 2, got out with 3, then three putted for a 6. So I'm up one on 18 tee. We both stripe our drives. He finds the green with the approach, and I... sh@nk a 7i into the desert. Somehow I find the green from the desert and am about 6 feet from the cup. He two putts for par, so I have the 6 footer for par to win. Missed it, and of course he ran straight to clubhouse bar and rejected my plea for a playoff hole.
It's all in good fun and friendly, but I got tired of losing, so I took lessons, hit the range, the whole deal.

I finally beat him by a couple strokes in a friendly 9 hole match at our little goat track club, but I wanted to get out on a real course and see how it played out.

This past year I beat him like a rented mule... twice... with me playing it down while he played it up (which is fine, I don't care how he plays it). I even got a club throw out of him after he spent 3 shots in one bunker.

Not gonna lie, it felt good to win =)

Back