Who would be the worst PGA player to caddie for?

I think i would caddy for anyone... I think Bubba is a love and hate. I hate how he complains about everything he misses on the greens, but his conversation and shot shaping would be fun.

Speith would be good, but i would have to pack a lot of water as he likes to talk...

Sergio - dont like him at all....

Kuch - wouldnt get paid

Reed - get on my belly ehhh ok... might make up for it with hatred during the rounds.

Why would it be bad to caddie for Bryson? I can just about guarantee he'll defer to his own perspective 99% of the time and you can just stand there with a protractor and talk about air pressure until he's satisfied.

Give me Rahmer or Sergio any day of the week as worst to deal with... Mostly because I'd snap Rahm's driver and throw it in the lake the first time he slams it.
Wouldn't you need to understand what you are talking about with the protractor and air pressure or would you just try to spread fake news to him? Cuz you know...science.

Wouldn't you need to understand what you are talking about with the protractor and air pressure or would you just try to spread fake news to him? Cuz you know...science.
I think all you would have to do is wave an object towards him and he'll take it from there haha

I think all you would have to do is wave an object towards him and he'll take it from there haha
I think he's already been penalized for using a compass so using scientific tools might be tricky.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think Reed would generally be pretty fun to caddie for. Sergio just sucks all around.

Spieth because he never stops running his mouth. The golf course is where I go for some peace and quiet.

Back in the day, Vijay Singh had a rep for being tough on his caddy. Word was his caddy had stay while he practiced, no matter how long the practice was.

About 5-6 years ago, I saw Sabbatini take his caddy to task over a missed putt. His caddy must have really needed a job really bad to put up with him. I would've dropped the bag and told him to pack sand.

Tiger Woods.....

Hear me out here. A)He rarely plays B)The crowds around him are still massive(outside of 2020) so that brings in a whole bunch of other issues
This is my answer too. I’ll add in the rumors that he never pays for anything and he’s so aloof. It just seems like a really tough gig.

Jessica Korda…. I mean she fired her Caddy once in the middle of the round after 9holes in 2013

As I was watching Reeds caddie get on his stomach to read a putt it got me thinking who I think would be the worst to caddie for. Do any names pop to the top of your head?

Obviously I think Reed would be one. Being associated with him and his antics would suck. The paychecks would be nice but it seems like you'd have to put up with a lot around him.

Reed would be horrendous, but I’m not sure Tiger would be great to caddy for. In the good times, amazing, and you’d be living some life, but nowadays, when let’s be honest, golf needs Tiger more than Tiger needs golf (and I’m a massive, massive fan), his petulance would drive me up the wall.

From the past, Montgomerie was horrible. Absolutely horrible. Faldo too. Just arrogance off the scale. Seve was brutal to caddies, too.

There’s a brilliant book by the sadly departed Dave Musgrave about his career as Sandy Lyle’s caddy, and I urge anyone who would like to appreciate what their life was like back then to read it. Warts and all, but Sandy Lyle comes across as an absolute gentleman, and to be fair any time I’ve bumped into him he certainly has been. I met him in 1989 at Royal Troon when I was 15, and he knew we had “skipped in” through the fence (we had a caravan in the holiday park that backed on to the 8th) and he got some young people with us that weren’t that into golf seriously into golf. Ian Baker Finch was another.

Faldo just strolled straight past us.

At the Open at Muirfield in 2013, my son met quite a few. He was one of the kids that Ian Poulter was heard telling he wasn’t giving any autographs to because he had a nightmare first round. Another I have no time for. Tiger Woods refused autographs too, to 11 and 12 year olds.

Miguel Angel Jimenez spent more than an hour with them on the practise area as did Henrik Stenson and Lee Westwood. Genuine good guys.

We know Craig Connelly, Martin Kaymer’s caddie, through going to football (soccer here in Scotland) and he absolutely loves caddying for him.

^This, plus you'd need to have a degree in astro physics to understand what this dude is saying.

I’m like that with Justin Rose. Every time he opens his mouth he just sounds like a boring t*t in a blazer from the 1980’s propping up the bar in the clubhouse. Exactly the type who puts you off golf.

I’d be on tablets if I had to spend any serious time with him.

Why would it be bad to caddie for Bryson? I can just about guarantee he'll defer to his own perspective 99% of the time and you can just stand there with a protractor and talk about air pressure until he's satisfied.

Give me Rahmer or Sergio any day of the week as worst to deal with... Mostly because I'd snap Rahm's driver and throw it in the lake the first time he slams it.

De Chambreau seems the type to take the applause but blame the caddy when things go tits up.

I have heard that Vijay was the absolute worst. There were reports that his caddies were not allowed to talk to anyone and basically not talk to him until he asked for it. He went through a lot of caddies.

Was it Vijay who years ago during a practise round, his caddy put his bag down and told him to ram it?

Jordan Spieth for me.

Actually I really like him! When the open was at Troon a few years ago, he rented a house from a friend of mine and he came across as a very, very nice fella. Pretty sure Fowler was in it as well. Left the house like a frat party had romped through it, but really pleasant and paid the guy well. Left him loads of attire too.

Jessica Korda…. I mean she fired her Caddy once in the middle of the round after 9holes in 2013

At least be a good view for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger Woods.....

Hear me out here. A)He rarely plays B)The crowds around him are still massive(outside of 2020) so that brings in a whole bunch of other issues
Tiger is easy. No need for a relationship big salary, just show up and do your job.

Back