Who would be the worst PGA player to caddie for?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
As I was watching Reeds caddie get on his stomach to read a putt it got me thinking who I think would be the worst to caddie for. Do any names pop to the top of your head?

Obviously I think Reed would be one. Being associated with him and his antics would suck. The paychecks would be nice but it seems like you'd have to put up with a lot around him.

Cantlay. Too slow. But then again, I could grow a beard waiting for him to hit the ball.

Sergio. The tantrums would be maddening.

Cantlay comes to mind...maybe Bubba.

bryson dechambeau's................................

sergio is definitely a good one. cantlay, reed, rahm...basically anyone with a temper or a slow player

Caddying would be my dreamjob. I would take any of them to get my foot in the door.

Sabbatini.... I just cannot stand that man

Sergio. Bad golf and a bad attitude. No telling when he’s gonna blow.

^This, plus you'd need to have a degree in astro physics to understand what this dude is saying.

Why would it be bad to caddie for Bryson? I can just about guarantee he'll defer to his own perspective 99% of the time and you can just stand there with a protractor and talk about air pressure until he's satisfied.

Give me Rahmer or Sergio any day of the week as worst to deal with... Mostly because I'd snap Rahm's driver and throw it in the lake the first time he slams it.

Rahm or Sergio for me. Both would be beyond maddening

Why would it be bad to caddie for Bryson? I can just about guarantee he'll defer to his own perspective 99% of the time and you can just stand there with a protractor and talk about air pressure until he's satisfied.

Give me Rahmer or Sergio any day of the week as worst to deal with... Mostly because I'd snap Rahm's driver and throw it in the lake the first time he slams it.
i just would not like to stand there and watch his-
driver setup
iron setup
chipping setup
putting setup
his hat
the list goes on and on o_O

I’m surprised there’s no compilation video of both of their meltdowns with “Wrecking Ball” as the accompanying track.

i just would not like to stand there and watch his-
driver setup
iron setup
chipping setup
putting setup
his hat
the list goes on and on o_O
I'll agree that I flat out would not watch him putt, or at least only watch the ball. It's ugly and uncomfortable to watch.

That said, I'd have a blast discussing swing speed and watching him try to exploit it.
I'd have a blast listening to his perspective on just about everything.
I'd have a blast listening to him debate club design with ... club designers.
I'd have a blast watching him dissect the game.

...and if you watch him in non competitive comfortable settings, he actually seems like he'd be pretty entertaining. The match play challenge he participated in, he was hilarious.

Sergio and Bubba cane to mind but I could see Rahm in there. Back in the day, Weiskopf

Also, I would have so much freaking fun **** talking Bryson's hat to him. He'd never hear the end of it.

"Payne Stewart came to me in a dream, said to finish the effing look already"
"Uber called, said they aren't sponsoring you, give it up"
"Christina Kim called, said you look siiiiiiiiick"
"You wearing that thing for maximum walking speed aerodynamics? Does it come with a free spoiler?"

etc etc etc

Tiger Woods.....

Hear me out here. A)He rarely plays B)The crowds around him are still massive(outside of 2020) so that brings in a whole bunch of other issues

I'd especially love to caddie for any of the aforementioned players with bad raps to see what they are like up close for real.
Hell, they can lay on me to read putts if they want to. Better win though so I make a nice %.
They're helping me up if I have to get down to read a putt.

I'll agree that I flat out would not watch him putt, or at least only watch the ball. It's ugly and uncomfortable to watch.

That said, I'd have a blast discussing swing speed and watching him try to exploit it.
I'd have a blast listening to his perspective on just about everything.
I'd have a blast listening to him debate club design with ... club designers.
I'd have a blast watching him dissect the game.

...and if you watch him in non competitive comfortable settings, he actually seems like he'd be pretty entertaining. The match play challenge he participated in, he was hilarious.
ill agree i could listen to him debate all sorts of things just for the entertainment.
he just reminds me of a rob gronkowski in some weird ways, not the partying, but im like oh my goodness..

Back