Who You Fighting?

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, assume for a second that you are an elite fighter. You can fight anyone for the title plus or minus a weight class. I believe for UFC for me the classes would be middleweight (hard cut), Light HW, easy one day cut, or HW (I can eat again!!!) Anyone past or present.

There’s one in each weight class that I have a distinct advantage against so I’ll throw out all 3.

Middleweight. Anderson Silva. I can’t say I would do anything better than him but I am stronger than he is by a lot. A lot would depend on the cut. Most likely he kills me.

Light Heavyweight. Chuck Liddell, duh. I’d love to trade with that guy. IF (huge IF if you’ve seen his sprawl), I could get him down he’s losing a joint. I think I’m ok here but not in his prime. I can strike but I’m not great. I don’t lose much rolling. Especially since he’s now older and slower than me. I have a slight chance. Not much. Most likely he still kills me.

Heavyweight. Brock Lesnar. Take on the beast. Believe it or not I don’t think this is my worst chance. I’m as strong as he is and much faster. I’d be shocked unless he’s training at it if he could bench what I can. I’m leaner now, but I’d meet him close to his weight even if it was water. Most likely he still kills me.

Ok I’m 0-3. This is why I like golf. Who you taking around your weight and why will they kill you? 🤣

I just wanna lose. Thus my competetition list.

I’ll gladly refer those folks on to someone else and win?

😂

This could be fun. Who do you have an opening on? I have one on all 3 of mine. Which is cool. They’ll still all kill me but I have some sorta chance? I’ll spill later, but I wanna see some thoughts. Then I’ll spill how I’d attack each one.

I’ll start with Silva at 185#. First, rough cut. I need 6 days notice. I’m at 212# last weigh in. My only chance is to get close and smother. I’m not going to out-strike him. I’m not going to out BJJ him. I’m going to swell to 250# water weight and hope he can’t handle it. (I didn’t say I’d win any of them, I just said I’d tell you how I “could” attack each 😂)

I'll play. I used to do combat sports, long long ago and long before I broke or injured so many things you could never tell. I will always live in the heavyweight division - or super heavyweight if we're talking Olympics. Since this is forum thread I'm just going to do as I want.

Tito - I saw him at a club once when he was still fighting, and the Huntington beach bad boy isn't a bad boy so I've give him a go.

Ali - Got to go some rounds with the GOAT.

That Paul kid - he's an embarrassment to combat sports, I'm not saying I could take him as is but I am absolutely saying that I could take him.

There are literally 10+ more that I would want to go rounds with. I've been out with Chuck in SLO back in the day, I had previously sparred with one of the Diaz brothers and the Carny for fun - mind you 10-15 years ago and sparring is not fighting.

Khabib, Silva, either Anderson or Wanderlei - any of the Gracie's, Tyson (either Fury or Mike), Notorious, Bones - I mean we're talking a wish list of dreams. That's like asking a car person what kind of car they want to drive around if they could have any car. Kid in candystore kind of stuff for me here.

Ok, assume for a second that you are an elite fighter. You can fight anyone for the title plus or minus a weight class. I believe for UFC for me the classes would be middleweight (hard cut), Light HW, easy one day cut, or HW (I can eat again!!!) Anyone past or present.

There’s one in each weight class that I have a distinct advantage against so I’ll throw out all 3.

Middleweight. Anderson Silva. I can’t say I would do anything better than him but I am stronger than he is by a lot. A lot would depend on the cut. Most likely he kills me.

Light Heavyweight. Chuck Liddell, duh. I’d love to trade with that guy. IF (huge IF if you’ve seen his sprawl), I could get him down he’s losing a joint. I think I’m ok here but not in his prime. I can strike but I’m not great. I don’t lose much rolling. Especially since he’s now older and slower than me. I have a slight chance. Not much. Most likely he still kills me.

Heavyweight. Brock Lesnar. Take on the beast. Believe it or not I don’t think this is my worst chance. I’m as strong as he is and much faster. I’d be shocked unless he’s training at it if he could bench what I can. I’m leaner now, but I’d meet him close to his weight even if it was water. Most likely he still kills me.

Ok I’m 0-3. This is why I like golf. Who you taking around your weight and why will they kill you?
So just to be clear, you are going to out bench him and come into the fight at the same weight?
d043060bc3ba9dcfabb24e2fc1dea1fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to have to hurt any of them.

I’d love to step into the octagon with Amanda Nunes and see how quickly she knocks me out. I think that I last a round at least. I think my reach helps me out, and keeps her power punches in check. There’s no way I’d be able to make weight against her. I’m 215, but have about 0 muscle right now. I feel like against an amateur and since this is all hypothetical she’d take the fight.

not sure about her wresting, but if I can take down and not leave myself vulnerable to submission I can maybe prolong the fight at least a couple extra rounds.

I have fought in Boxing Matches and I have Zero Interest in ever fighting for sport again.
I did like Training for the fight probably the best shape I have been in during my adult life.

So just to be clear, you are going to out bench him and come into the fight at the same weight?
d043060bc3ba9dcfabb24e2fc1dea1fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did state unless he’s training, 🤣. I forgot how big 275 was in shape. I would likely go into that one just focused on hulking and bulking, trying to get close to his weight in good weight and take advantage of being faster and likely better at submission grappling. He’s apparently a good wrestler but not a great grappler. I’m built about like Frank Mir at this point for reference and relevance. So there is how I take on Lesnar.

I also stated all three kill me. If I wanted to be 3-0 I wouldn’t be here with my list. I’d take on 3 3rd graders, 😂.

I forgot to add a category, which fighter would you want to kick their ass?

Ken Shamrock all the way here. I’ve just never liked that guy. He’s an ass. Yes I have met him. No I have not trained and/or fought him.

I’d kick his old butt now, 🤣. So now I’m 1-3 but had to find an actual geriatric to get there. I’d murder Royce Gracie (without Gi, with one he finds a way to choke me out). So we’ll go with Royce Gracie in his prime no Gi. Still kills me. Ok so I’m taking on the old guy no Gi version. I think I can strike and sprawl and defend his BJJ.

All these guys I’m talking about I’m talking now, not when they were great, 😂. I hold my own and then some. I’m not knocking off anyone of them at (or anywhere near their prime). I wouldn’t mess with me, but I’m no match for any of these guys when they held their belts. Likely am not now, although I’d take on any of them just for shins and griggles. Now. Not then. I’d want at least a small chance.

Now on to how I attack Liddell...

Can I take out a life insurance policy on myself first?

Geez, I'll forfeit the fights and just go golfing with all 3 of them. Might even have a good time, who knows.

I’d love to step into the octagon with Amanda Nunes and see how quickly she knocks me out. I think that I last a round at least. I think my reach helps me out, and keeps her power punches in check. There’s no way I’d be able to make weight against her. I’m 215, but have about 0 muscle right now. I feel like against an amateur and since this is all hypothetical she’d take the fight.

not sure about her wresting, but if I can take down and not leave myself vulnerable to submission I can maybe prolong the fight at least a couple extra rounds.

Haha. I have no current female good friends. I’m damn sure not fighting one, 🤣. I may have to tap out just so I don’t stand up for a minute or two... 🤣

Ok serious. Liddell. As a former wrestler his sprawl was as good as I’ve ever seen. That’s what kept him on top for a while. Unprecedented striking and can’t take him down. What to do? Get strong, fight him at 205#, and I’ve modelled my striking based on him although I try to set up more spinning strikes (force multiply) then he does.

In his prime, I’m dead. He’s lost a step. He still kills me but I feel the best here (he’s the oldest, right, lol?) I strike a lot like him. We’d have to see who’s faster. He’s not taking me down nor am I him.

Can I take out a life insurance policy on myself first?

Geez, I'll forfeit the fights and just go golfing with all 3 of them. Might even have a good time, who knows.

I like this plan best, lol.

But that wasn’t my point. I’d take on Tiger in his prime golfing and lose too. It just wouldn’t be quite as painful, lol.

Whoever gives me the biggest payday.

Haha. I have no current female good friends. I’m damn sure not fighting one, 🤣. I may have to tap out just so I don’t stand up for a minute or two... 🤣

Ok serious. Liddell. As a former wrestler his sprawl was as good as I’ve ever seen. That’s what kept him on top for a while. Unprecedented striking and can’t take him down. What to do? Get strong, fight him at 205#, and I’ve modelled my striking based on him although I try to set up more spinning strikes (force multiply) then he does.

In his prime, I’m dead. He’s lost a step. He still kills me but I feel the best here (he’s the oldest, right, lol?) I strike a lot like him. We’d have to see who’s faster. He’s not taking me down nor am I him.

I’m not sold on Chuck Lidell’s fitness right now and if you actually train mma I’d say you have as good a shot as he does lol.

I’m not sold on Chuck Lidell’s fitness right now and if you actually train mma I’d say you have as good a shot as he does lol.

He’s the one I’d take. I’m a match for him now. Whatever that says for either of us, 🤣, I’m not sure.

It’d be over in less than 2 minutes one way or another. Likely 30 seconds. And 95% favoring him but if he’s lost a step on his sprawl I’m pretty sure my BJJ would win if it goes down. I have pretty much insane grip strength (I’ve been rating it based on a measured stat, I ain’t telling what that is, but no. 🤣) but it went from a 2.7 to a 5.08 gorilla grip strength since I’ve started training and working out again. I get a hand on a wrist and it’s over.

Just spent an hour BJJ training with my little guy. Wasn’t a good session. He’s learned the easy stuff but is having a harder time with the more complex. You can make a wrong move but I’m trying to teach him that you can NEVER get your body out of position. He’s having a hard time on what side to transition to and it’s putting him into bad spots.

Middle son, the golfer, is becoming a skilled boxer. Hard to tell how good as I won’t hit him back but don’t make him pull. I may have to rethink that. He really catches me (he’s 16, is 6’1” and has a CHS as high as a measured 118) and it’s lights out. He hasn’t yet but it’s got a little close for comfort plus when I get caught but not out, I revert to base caveman and try to grasp and break. I also can’t box without at least kickboxing anymore or throwing spinning fists and elbows. I mean I can but once I get caught I revert to training.

Once you learn a better way it’s hard to unlearn. That and once stunned it’s hard to unlearn what you’ve learned. I revert to take down or slamming a spinning something home if it’s there.

I’m at the point I need to join a MMA or BJJ gym again. I like training with my kids but it’s more for them than me. I’m only concerned about not hurting them and teaching them. I’m good with my skills but I’d never hate to be better. Like golf. I’m ok with my skills but won’t mind being better. I don’t learn much rolling with them. Teach a lot which is ok, but... even though I have 3 boys, their names are not Brock, Chuck, and Anderson.

Back