Never had it from a chain, but in high school and college had a buddy that would do pig roasts. Always came out delicious.

I’m never opposed to digging a big hole in my yard (using MY child labor, 🤣) and getting a ton of coals going. But as most have said, it’s a better event when someone else does it. Lot of work, especially if you buy the hog live. Ick.

Absolutely! A buddy did one for his wedding and it was beautiful. So many good bits of meat and pig... Pretty sure there wasn't anything left by the end of dinner!

Up here in New England it’s rare to find whole hog at a restaurant, but lots of folks love to throw pig roasts. No question whole hog done by someone who’s good at is tops.

I’m pretty sure Ug and Tud invented bbq after they made fire. Then they killed some stuff and drive a stake through it.

The boys and gals from North/South Cackalaky do it right.

Case closed.

Whole hog is the only way to go! If you get a chance, try to get the cheek meat. Best bite on the hog!

I’ve only whole hog done in a pit or on a spit. Never slow and low bbq. That sounds fantastic.

Vinegar and mustard is usually a South Carolina thing. This is my favorite way to cook bbq chicken.

The whole hog from Martin’s tonight was awesome as usual.

Whole hog is the only way to go! If you get a chance, try to get the cheek meat. Best bite on the hog!
Cheek FTW!

To the Memphis discussion, Germantown Commissary and Central are very good but my preference is The BBQ Shop just east of downtown.

Whole hog is a specialty in the Carolinas. Love it with either the East Carolina BBQ sauce (spiced vinegar) or South Carolina mustard based sauce :p:p:p:love:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Love whole hog. Seems juicier and more tender! But...you dont always get the same bark and smoke from the whole hog. Good stuff!

My sister inlaw had an outdoor reception a few weeks after her wedding and she had a whole hog.....man it was good. Doesn't get any better then that

I didn’t see this till just now. With some help of my Tongan friends, I did a whole pig in the ground in my back yard last year.

I want to do it again.

D0FE9DC2-1B40-4E5D-A1A6-1414DC373C5A.png44BDB1E0-F728-4D2B-A01D-7BBD2A0B197F.pngD9D2B970-3CBC-443D-80E8-3C95F27FD86A.png4651E1D7-6E93-4F6F-BAFD-170F8D0DF472.png3B486D9F-AC35-4767-A077-893FADC7540C.png

Lechón tonight!
1639869552737.jpeg

Back