Whoop Fitness Band

Now I didn't drink yesterday and I had a near high for recovery of 84%. Frankly I don't understand what drives it other than HRV. My HRV was 37% higher than normal. I ate a crappy diet we had chicken wings, onion rings and french fries for game time meal and I had ice cream during the game. Post game I went out and snow blowed the driveway and was pissed off because the snow blower sucked up something and broke a piece of it. I got to bed late and got under 6 hours of sleep. Everything but HRV was below average FHR was up, sleep was 30 minutes below average and respiratory rate was slightly above average and my recovery was much higher than my 61% average.

I can't figure this thing out.

I was in bed that night for over 8 hours but got a little less sleep than that.. and have got nowhere near that the past couple nights..
it's incredibly tough to get 8 hours. I tried last night and barely made it to 5:30 being woken up by the dog twice.

@MWard has the highest recovery in the group...his whoop must be broken lol

I haven't read the full 12 pages here. Is there a THP group and can someone give me the invite code?

I haven't read the full 12 pages here. Is there a THP group and can someone give me the invite code?

Yes, I'm (currently) the newest member. So, if you join then you're in charge of minutes at the meeting now, and bringing snacks.

Yes, I'm (currently) the newest member. So, if you join then you're in charge of minutes at the meeting now, and bringing snacks.
And opening and closing the door at meetings. Boom Supreme Court style hazing

Now I didn't drink yesterday and I had a near high for recovery of 84%. Frankly I don't understand what drives it other than HRV. My HRV was 37% higher than normal. I ate a crappy diet we had chicken wings, onion rings and french fries for game time meal and I had ice cream during the game. Post game I went out and snow blowed the driveway and was pissed off because the snow blower sucked up something and broke a piece of it. I got to bed late and got under 6 hours of sleep. Everything but HRV was below average FHR was up, sleep was 30 minutes below average and respiratory rate was slightly above average and my recovery was much higher than my 61% average.

I can't figure this thing out.
I find I have better HRV when I have good levels of exercise and when I drink more water. Keeping relaxed throughout the day helps too, so my weekends tend to me a HAIR better for that reason even though I drink more.

I find I have better HRV when I have good levels of exercise and when I drink more water. Keeping relaxed throughout the day helps too, so my weekends tend to me a HAIR better for that reason even though I drink more.

I am wondering if it ties somehow to when I eat. We eat dinner late usually 7:30 or 8 because I am busy at work then I go to bed within a couple of hours of eating. On Sunday I ate at about 6 and didn’t go to bed until 11. Given our schedule it is hard to eat much earlier.

I am wondering if it ties somehow to when I eat. We eat dinner late usually 7:30 or 8 because I am busy at work then I go to bed within a couple of hours of eating. On Sunday I ate at about 6 and didn’t go to bed until 11. Given our schedule it is hard to eat much earlier.
Eating before bed is one of the items I recently added to my journal.

Throw up your whoop username and we will get you in!

Edit: looks like I should check the app first. You're already in lol

Give whoop enough data and it will tell you in the monthly report.

I envy you 7+ hr sleep guys.

I have back to back days in the green for recovery. What the hell is happening?

I didn’t think that was possible for you

I didn’t think that was possible for you

Not to worry, I have a knack for being able to pull off the impossible. It’ll come back down.

Throw up your whoop username and we will get you in!

Edit: looks like I should check the app first. You're already in lol

Somebody PM’d me the code.

I don’t get recovery. I slept like crap. I was awake for 3:16 of the time I was in bed and only got 4:30 of sleep. My HRV was 40 somehow leading to a recovery of 84. I was exhausted when I had to get out of bed.

I have back to back days in the green for recovery. What the hell is happening?
Somebody PM’d me the code.

I don’t get recovery. I slept like crap. I was awake for 3:16 of the time I was in bed and only got 4:30 of sleep. My HRV was 40 somehow leading to a recovery of 84. I was exhausted when I had to get out of bed.

Ouch....4:30 of sleep. I thought my 5 hours and 10 minutes of sleep was bad....well, I did get to lay back down before my alarm went off a second time for about 45 minutes.
STILL.

Finally a good recovery night

Screenshot_20210215-130005_WHOOP.jpg

Notification of an activity kind of surprised us sitting here on a snow day, but apparently this is what 'Hate Shoveling' a foot of snow looks like for me.

So glad we moved down here for all the winter records being broken. 😕

Decent night's sleep though. Got over the 6 hr mark despite 19 disturbances, and it really helped my recovery number. Highest it's been in weeks.

View attachment 8993545

Notification of an activity kind of surprised us sitting here on a snow day, but apparently this is what 'Hate Shoveling' a foot of snow looks like for me.

So glad we moved down here for all the winter records being broken. 😕

Decent night's sleep though. Got over the 6 hr mark despite 19 disturbances, and it really helped my recovery number. Highest it's been in weeks.
Hey you have to get that strain in somehow when you’re not golfing!

Hey you have to get that strain in somehow when you’re not golfing!
True enough! According to whoop though, my golfing is about as strenuous as a trip to the grocery store. Lol. It's pretty hard to get my strain number up when I'm not working. I need to learn more about how it figures that number.

True enough! According to whoop though, my golfing is about as strenuous as a trip to the grocery store. Lol. It's pretty hard to get my strain number up when I'm not working. I need to learn more about how it figures that number.
My golf strain is surprisingly high, but can confirm my heart rate is pretty high throughout the round. I must be in bad shape or a nervous golfer. 😅 I’m finally starting to get into a fitness routine and really looking at my recovery/strain balance.

Back