Whoop Fitness Band

Is there a THP group on Whoop?
There is! Either post your whoop name and someone will add you or dm it to me and I can also add you

Goodness sakes @MWard what are you doing today?! My all time highest is 19.4 after three hours of soccer and then some golf. you’re at 19.1! You’re getting after it today!

Apparently! You didn’t even get that high at Pebble did you?

18.4 both days. 19487 steps at Spyglass, 19665 at Pebble.

Today was 24175. 13337 was apparently the on course walking, and my course has some nasty uphill walks that suck. I also walked another 3.9mi just now so that added another 9k or so give or take.

Damnit @MWard ! Thought I’d have the high strain today with my first over 19 in awhile but nooooo :LOL:

Wearing earplugs to bed is good for my recovery

11 recovery and I had two drinks last night. Two!

I drank 4 glasses of wine and a vodka on the rocks last weekend and had an 80 recovery. Two nights later with nothing to drink for two days I was at 18.

Right now I am mired in a stretch of really crappy sleep. I am going to bed and getting up at the same time (approx 10:15 to bed 6:15 to wake), not eating a lot of crap very limited caffeine and none after 2PM and my quality of sleep sucks. Last night I was in bed for 7:32 minutes with 4:38 of sleep, yesterday was 8:09 and 5:50 and Tuesday was 7:19 and 4:18. Saturday was the most and that was after drinking. I may have to become an alchoholic.

The one issue I have is we eat dinner fairly late like around 7:30. Unfortunately I am usually working until 7 so I don't have much of an option to eat earlier.

I am tempted to take the Whoop off and just see how I feel. I don't think it has been helping me.

I only got to 21 with zero alcohol :LOL: I ate really late and that’s never been good for recovery for me

That's crazy, I had three drinks last night, didn't get to bed until 11:30 and my recovery is at 56%.

Sometimes you just have to accept that I’m the king of super low recovery and HRV. So kindly fellas, don’t step into my ring 😂

Does anyone row with their whoop on their wrist. I seem to get some weird really fast heart rates randomly throughout my rowing workouts. I switched the device to my ankle and the reading are better during the ankle workout.

Sometimes you just have to accept that I’m the king of super low recovery and HRV. So kindly fellas, don’t step into my ring 😂

What is your average HRV? Mine is 22. That is below the average for a 70 year old woman according to their website. I may be hard to beat here.

That's crazy, I had three drinks last night, didn't get to bed until 11:30 and my recovery is at 56%.

No booze, in bed at 10:20 and my recovery is 55%. Yesterday was 57 and Tuesday was 36. I need to drink more.

What is your average HRV? Mine is 22. That is below the average for a 70 year old woman according to their website. I may be hard to beat here.

23.Today though it was a 9. Are we dying? I don’t even know what that stat is but I’m going with lower is better.

I am 49 year old male, and my hovers between 60 and 36, Average is usually in the mid to high 40's.

I am 49 year old male, and my hovers between 60 and 36, Average is usually in the mid to high 40's.

54 year old male. I don't think I have ever hit mid 40s. I think my high is around 35. I am usually in a fairly tight range between 18 and 26.

23.Today though it was a 9. Are we dying? I don’t even know what that stat is but I’m going with lower is better.

I wonder the same thing. Given how crappy my numbers are I am not sure the Whoop is good for my psyche.

My HRV has dropped the past 4 days from 45-60, to high 30's. I started having an ear ache yesterday and the Dr told me today that I have fluid behind my eardrum. Likely cause by allergies, so I wonder if my declining HRV is related to the ear infection.

Supposed to play golf tomorrow. Recovery tomorrow night I will go ahead and call is going to be sub 10.

Screenshot_20210318-190235_WHOOP.jpg

Wife has been getting out of bed every half hour lately to tell me to go to sleep. Don't tell her it's actually working. Goes against my whole 'I'm a a Big Boy and don't need a bedtime!' argument. ;)

My HRV has dropped the past 4 days from 45-60, to high 30's. I started having an ear ache yesterday and the Dr told me today that I have fluid behind my eardrum. Likely cause by allergies, so I wonder if my declining HRV is related to the ear infection.

I have perpetual allergies and am always congested. Not sure if that impacts my HRV.

Finished dinner at 6:45 last night into bed at 10:15 out of bed at 6:20 (I was awake for a bit before that) no booze, caffeine or junk food. Recovery 28% mostly due to low HRV of 15. Sleep was 6:37 off 7:52 in bed which is great for me. I feel a million times better today then I did yesterday which was 55% recovery and only 4:38 of sleep.

For me I feel sleep is more important to how I feel than recovery. Of course I am not competing in the Olympics or Cross Fit games.

Best night of sleep in weeks, and a 67. With golf and a workout later tonight..

Finished dinner at 6:45 last night into bed at 10:15 out of bed at 6:20 (I was awake for a bit before that) no booze, caffeine or junk food. Recovery 28% mostly due to low HRV of 15. Sleep was 6:37 off 7:52 in bed which is great for me. I feel a million times better today then I did yesterday which was 55% recovery and only 4:38 of sleep.

For me I feel sleep is more important to how I feel than recovery. Of course I am not competing in the Olympics or Cross Fit games.

That's interesting...

I've been considering a whoop band. I'm terrible in the sleep department. Really struggle to sleep every night. Thought maybe the whoop could help me identify methods that work well for me. Per your post.....maybe not.....

That's interesting...

I've been considering a whoop band. I'm terrible in the sleep department. Really struggle to sleep every night. Thought maybe the whoop could help me identify methods that work well for me. Per your post.....maybe not.....

It kinda sorta does. So every morning, it asks you questions(that you can control, and there are a lot of them) that can help with that. So mine asks me how much caffeine I had, and how late did I go? How much water did I have? Did I take a melatonin sleep aid, and when? And then how stressful was my day (this one makes me laugh, I’ve never not had a stress filled day)

So if one day is really good it’ll be like hey you sleep better when you do this, don’t do that, etc.

Back