Who's golf swing do you want? You don't get the head.

Fred Couples. It's just so silky smooth and looks effortless.

Put me down for another Scott vote.

Just about any of them would be better than the hot mess that's my swing.:)

Adam Scott

Cameron Champ off the tee
Louis Oosthuizen fairway woods
Webb Simpson hybrid
Tiger Woods irons
Jordan Spieth wedges
Aaron Baddeley putter

At my age it’s no contest as nobody played better for longer. Love his turn and his ability to hit persimmon drivers off the deck well into his 70’s. He was a genetic freak.

AD031026-5B91-4AA2-8032-31A1F47D0529.jpeg

At my age it’s no contest as nobody played better for longer. Love his turn and his ability to hit persimmon drivers off the deck well into his 70’s. He was a genetic freak.

View attachment 8938776
You need his flexibility. I think I had read, once, someplace, at 70 that he could still kick his leg high enough to touch the top of a door jam.

Henrik Stenson or Adam Scott for me

Bobby Jones, maybe not the most powerful but that swing was smooooth.

Alright, @NullNomad you gotta help me out with the Stenson one. As someone who is kind of built like him, and shares a lot of swing points/positions with him, I just don't get it. The guy is so stiff he has to clear his head before impact to help with rotation. While I can totally relate to that, I don't want it. A lot of the things I share with him are things I actively work to change. They might be the things that are the worst of him, but I'm curious.what about his swing makes you want it.

Only one answer for me- Ben Hogan.

Alright, @NullNomad you gotta help me out with the Stenson one. As someone who is kind of built like him, and shares a lot of swing points/positions with him, I just don't get it. The guy is so stiff he has to clear his head before impact to help with rotation. While I can totally relate to that, I don't want it. A lot of the things I share with him are things I actively work to change. They might be the things that are the worst of him, but I'm curious.what about his swing makes you want it.

For me its how he controls his hands an impact. Something I struggle with a LOT is keeping my hands and elbow in at the point of impact, "under the table" per say.

For me its how he controls his hands an impact. Something I struggle with a LOT is keeping my hands and elbow in at the point of impact, "under the table" per say.
Okay. Totally get that. You and me both.

To just look at I love Adam Scott and Rory's swings as well as some of the older Tiger swings. If I had to model my swing after someone's I would have to choose Jon Rahm. I have poor thoracic and shoulder mobility and I can get into some of the positions he is in.

I want Lexi Thompson's swing and Imbee Park's putting ability

I like the smooth and effortless-looking swings.

Fred Couples
Adam Scott
Louis Oosthuizen
Cameron Champ

Rory McIlroy or Michelle Wie. If you made a TV show that was just 30 minutes of watching them swing a club, I'd watch it.

I totally understand why people choose Couples. He looks effortless in swinging, but if you have ever been to a PGA event
and watched him, he goes at it pretty good.
I am sure TV makes a lot of golfer swings look effortless, but if one pays close enough attention and listen you realize how it is a huge effort.

View attachment 8938776
I'm a genetic freak, too, but at the other end of the scale. For that reason I think I'd choose Tom Watson's swing. I don't think I ever heard of him having a bad back - like Couples, for example.

I'm kind of torn between Couples and Els. Smooth is king for me. I'd probably go with Ernie.

It’s hard for me to separate the head from the swing. Wouldn’t the head impart the hand/eye coordination? If I could have the shotmaking as part of the swing, I think I choose Ben Hogan. If it is just the form, speed, etc., I probably pick Adam Scott.

Back