Who's golf swing do you want? You don't get the head.

doctormizuno

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure this question has been asked before.

You're going to turn Pro, who's golf swing do you want. You only get the golf swing, nothing from the neck up.
Doesn't have to be modern day. I have a hard time deciding.

Sam Snead
Steve Elkington
Louie Oosthuizen
Tom Weiskopf

These are the swings I like the best. Final choice would be Weiskopf.

Sammie

Tiger 2005, I think. Maybe Tiger 2000.

I’m a Nate Lashley fan, I like his swing.

Vote #2 for fred couples. It just looks so smooth and effortless

I’m a Nate Lashley fan, I like his swing.
While I don't necessarily like his swing, I like what he does with it. And it's nice to root for the local guys.

Adam Scott.

Maria Fassi

The instructor I go to had me start to try and model Tony Finau after watching me swing my first couple of lessons. My natural inclinations from setup to my backswing he thought it was a good fit as a model swing without doing anything unnatural.

I'm going with Kuchar. It's just looks like one you can do with a horrible right shoulder, left knee, and ribcage. That speaks to me on many levels.

And I already kind of putt like him.

Ernie Els, the Big Easy.

Present day, I really like Kisner's swing. I'm tempted to say I'd want that one. I loved Al Geiberger's swing too.

But honestly I can't think of anyone's swing I want, because a great golf swing will wreck your back. I'd gladly take someone who had some success, without injury. But who out there hasn't had to deal with chronic back, hip, or knee pain?

I don't know. Snead? Byron Nelson? If I could have a swing without the resulting need for pain killers, it'd be Geiberger. Did he have back problems?

PGA: Rory
LPGA: Anne Van Dam

Charles Barkley’s.

The fact that he can still hit the ball like that is kind of impressive.
Weird thing is, he was apparently a decent golfer at one time. According to an article I read in Golf Digest, he used to regularly shoot in the 80s some 25 years ago. Barkley says what screwed him up was taking a bunch of lessons from different people and "these wires crossed in my head". Now he's just a hot mess, but hey, at least he still enjoys it!

Weird thing is, he was apparently a decent golfer at one time. According to an article I read in Golf Digest, he used to regularly shoot in the 80s some 25 years ago. Barkley says what screwed him up was taking a bunch of lessons from different people and "these wires crossed in my head". Now he's just a hot mess, but hey, at least he still enjoys it!
So he's a walking advertisement for 'too many swing thoughts' then.
Somebody get him a t-shirt.

Ernie Els

My choice would be a tie between Moe Norman, and Tiger Woods' post surgeries swing.

Obviously with those two different swings, proper club fitting would be paramount.

Norman was just so accurate in his day. He owned his own swing.

I saw a You Tube video showing Woods warming up. His swing looked so easy, and fluid. It was just fun watching him swing the club. I thought a golfer just watching him swing a club, could learn to play better golf.

Slamming Sammie

Ben Hogan for me. Love that swing.

I’ve go with Tiger when he was at his peaks (2002-2003, 2005-2006) So effortless and could hit darts from everywhere.

Jim Furyk - would be fun to have something quirky that actually works

Hands down - Moe Norman all the way. Anyone that can use the same tee for about 7 years and hit balls off of the top of drink bottles and not break them has a phenomenal swing and one worth owning.

I remember one time last year trying his swing out one day and I had never hit balls that straight and haven't since. I could not make it stick, but if I were a younger man and had the time to ingrain it, I would be all over his swing above ALL the rest.

Back