Who's your favorite "old guy" comedian?

Bunker Snot

**** 2024 GOAT Cup **** $$$ Team MIKE $$$
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Phil Mickelson pointed out yesterday that Rodney Dangerfield would have been 100 years old last week and started dropping quotes from Caddy Shack as tribute. I was entertained and it brought up the family conversation of favorite old school comedian.

I thank my dad for the exposure to Buddy Hackett, Johnathan Winters, George Burns, Red Buttons and Benny Hill.

Add to my list of old comedians who could always give you a laugh

Probably Rodney Dangerfield, I probably saw him for the first time on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show when he became a regular and he was always hilarious. Also as a kid grew up on Red Skelton & Carol Burnet, both great family shows for a Sunday evening.

Do Laurel & Hardy count? If so, then they would always be my top choice.

If you don't find this funny then you have heart of stone:

Don Rickles

I love watching the 3 Stooges. I just love absurdity.

Phil Mickelson pointed out yesterday that Rodney Dangerfield would have been 100 years old last week and started dropping quotes from Caddy Shack as tribute. I was entertained and it brought up the family conversation of favorite old school comedian.

I thank my dad for the exposure to Buddy Hackett, Johnathan Winters, George Burns, Red Buttons and Benny Hill.

Add to my list of old comedians who could always give you a laugh
That’s a great list. I would add
Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, Carole Burnett and even George Carlin

Groucho Marx and Buster Keaton

Conway and Korman were an amazing duo. Loved Robin Williams.

I think the majority of my favs were 80s SNL dudes like Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, etc.

Probably Rodney Dangerfield, I probably saw him for the first time on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show when he became a regular and he was always hilarious. Also as a kid grew up on Red Skelton & Carol Burnet, both great family shows for a Sunday evening.

Also, any time Don Rickles was on Johnny Carson was comedy gold!

I think Carlin would have been around 85 this year. That should be plenty old enough to be classified as "Old Guy" comedian.

If we aren't counting him I guess Richard Pryor.

Steve Martin has not been mentioned yet...he has some classic stuff out there.

Rodney Dangerfield, Red Skelton for sure!

My aunt had a few comedy albums in her record collection. "The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart" was hysterical. Predating his TV show, Newhart's deadpan humor was on full display. One of the skits I remember from the album was "Baseball," a one-sided telephone conversation where he tries to "pitch" (yuk yuk) the game of baseball to Milton Bradley.

Another album was from Shelley Berman. (Ironically, Newhart was accused of stealing Berman's use of one-sided telephone conversations!) I remember Berman's best skit was the discussion of the ordeal of airline travel, which could still play well today!

I still remember another album from my aunt's collection: The First Family. It can be found on YouTube. It was a satirical take on President Kennedy and the Kennedy family, as they took occupancy of the White House. I have heard it is a fairly rare as production was halted upon President Kennedy's death. Vaughn Meader was the actor who played President Kennedy, and the entire cast was great. One skit involved a gathering of world leaders at the White House, where President Kennedy announced they were going to order out for a "typical American businessman's lunch." Fans of world history around the Cold War would laugh at the leaders and their orders.

My aunt had a few comedy albums in her record collection. "The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart" was hysterical. Predating his TV show, Newhart's deadpan humor was on full display. One of the skits I remember from the album was "Baseball," a one-sided telephone conversation where he tries to "pitch" (yuk yuk) the game of baseball to Milton Bradley.

Another album was from Shelley Berman. (Ironically, Newhart was accused of stealing Berman's use of one-sided telephone conversations!) I remember Berman's best skit was the discussion of the ordeal of airline travel, which could still play well today!

I still remember another album from my aunt's collection: The First Family. It can be found on YouTube. It was a satirical take on President Kennedy and the Kennedy family, as they took occupancy of the White House. I have heard it is a fairly rare as production was halted upon President Kennedy's death. Vaughn Meader was the actor who played President Kennedy, and the entire cast was great. One skit involved a gathering of world leaders at the White House, where President Kennedy announced they were going to order out for a "typical American businessman's lunch." Fans of world history around the Cold War would laugh at the leaders and their orders.

How'd I forget Bob? I have his entire collection on a hard drive. Remember the twin fetus conversation? Lol!

Redd Foxx, Red Skelton, Jonathan Winters, the Carol Burnett cast, Lucille Ball, Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce come to mind.

George Carlin

If we aren't counting him I guess Richard Pryor.

Brewster's Millions was on tv last night and I watched the first bit of it. Hadn't seen it in ages.

Marx Brothers

Don Rickles is my favorite comedian from the past.

Another vote for George Carlin.

Back