Why Are You NOT Scheduling Lessons

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The question is simple.

Why aren't you scheduling lessons for 2021 yet (or at all)?

I've been asking myself that all day long today and I genuinely do not have a good answer.

I will be again and am genuinely looking forward to it.

previously I had avoided it in spots when I was honest with myself and didn’t think I had time to practice what I was learning.

Just had one. Putting work in now before going for a follow up.

I can't go out and golf or apply what I'm learning in the winter. And time - kids are taking up too much of it.

Season doesn’t start for three months.

Time to do it and the time to work on what needs to be done to correcty flaws. Would I like to yes? Just not in the cards

I had my first lesson at the end of 2020. Then I hurt my back. so I was not scheduling due to that. Now that I'm recovered and feel I have incorporated the adjustments from the first lesson...now it's just about making the time for the next lesson.

Because i am a weirdo and being around people im not familiar with is hard :(

I'll get there...
Finding the right person is critical. I'm under the impression I'll have to move to find the right one for me haha

But I am starting to think I want to find that person.

Never taken one, officially.

There is no one that can help my swing. I don’t want to change it and won’t put in the work needed if I were to want to. Don’t have that kind of time.

If I were to take one it would be for short game only, and I would have to speak to the instructor at length to see if he knows as much as me.

i will. i know what i need to do on my full swing, i just need to spend 2021 owning it. so lessons in 2021 will be short game. i’m entering a stretch where i won’t get to play much at all, but i can chip and pitch for 30-45 minutes several times a week.

It's pretty simple for me, not enough time to practice and ingrain the changes I would need to make. These days I'd rather be on the course then grinding on the range trying to fix my swing all season.

Our head pro is pretty gracious and will give me little tips to work on when I do get to the range which is great but won't make huge differences overall.

Finding the right person is critical. I'm under the impression I'll have to move to find the right one for me haha

But I am starting to think I want to find that person.
Yeah, Tommy Biershenk owns the club where we are members. Seems like a solid dude, not sure if he's still giving lessons because he just hired another guy for that.
I'll have to ask him next time I see him.

I feel like at 40, my game is my game. It may be wrong, but I wonder if it is worth it at this point.

Because I am not disciplined enough to put in the range time to make the changes work.

No instructors close

Because I feel like there is a decent chance I won't like how my instructor teaches and it will be a waste of time.

Because I'd have to schedule for them.

I'm around lessons a fair amount, and will be more so as we get a group going this year. I'm always working to tie in things of benefit to my swing.

Because i am a weirdo and being around people im not familiar with is hard :(

I'll get there...

You only come of as a half weirdo online if that helps, lol.

I kid, I kid. And embrace your weirdness. I’m certainly a little zany. But I generally have fun with it.

For me it's pretty simple. I'm pretty sure it would be a waste of money at this point in my life.

Maybe if I was 30 years younger, lessons would be something I would do.

After 45+/- years, I pretty much know my own swing. I know what my swing flaws are when they show up, and even better yet, I can usually apply an on course fix to take care of the problem.

Pre-paid for a bunch of lessons but waiting to schedule them until we go back outside or post-pandemic (whichever comes first).

I take pride on how I've been able to improve my game on my own time and my own skill already. I would also much rather spend my time playing than practicing. It may sound silly but it's worked for me so far and I'm happy with how I've gotten there.

I signed up with @TrueMotionMatt last month. While I haven’t had the chance to do much the last 2 weeks (work and life got in the way), that changes after this weekend.

That said, I tried a couple lessons with pros locally, independent ones and through GolfTec, and I never really found one that i clicked with or felt comfortable with long term.
The local fitter that I prefer does lessons on the side, but not really consistently enough that I would like (not his fault).

Back