Why Are You NOT Scheduling Lessons

Easy. True Motion Golf has got me covered!

This is going to be annoying, but you have your players. The more you learn about your swing and your game the more you’ll be able to help them. I’ve retooled my swing multiple times and doing it again right now just to learn (always hit slight draw and shifting to slight fade). Even if it’s a disaster I’ll have figured some stuff out that might help folks. That learning process part is also something I want to pass on too. It gets addicting at some point (in a good way).
Not annoying.

I was on the chase for years, got down to a super low cap, played well, and lost site of the fun for a while. Within all that, I’ve learned amply about the swing, and coaching the swing, I just don’t have anything to fuel my own chase as much as I enjoy fueling their chase now.

Not annoying.

I was on the chase for years, got down to a super low cap, played well, and lost site of the fun for a while. Within all that, I’ve learned amply about the swing, and coaching the swing, I just don’t have anything to fuel my own chase as much as I enjoy fueling their chase now.

We are sharing a brain on this. I care way more about my daughter improving and having a great high school season after missing out on one last year than I do about my own game.

Yeah, Tommy Biershenk owns the club where we are members. Seems like a solid dude, not sure if he's still giving lessons because he just hired another guy for that.
I'll have to ask him next time I see him.
Is he as funny as his brother, Robbie?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pre-paid for a bunch of lessons but waiting to schedule them until we go back outside or post-pandemic (whichever comes first).
Same for me. I took one just as things were closing down and have 3 more in the pocket once my shop is able to start them again.

Because my instructor raised his rates $35.00 per hour:(

I fully plan on getting lessons, but with it being cold I wouldn't be able to actually apply them to get the most benefit.

I like buying equipment and playing with friends more than taking lessons and practicing. I know that my scores would be better if I took lessons and practiced more and I know that new equipment won’t magically make me better, but it is what it is.

waiting to get more data on where I can get the most bang for the buck. Looking like a putting lesson - more reading the green. I putt really well in a scramble where I get to see the break. I have too many putts that roll right over where I aimed, but it wasn't a good line.

Because I no longer have the desire to work on my golf game

Buying flooring for the house, braces for one kid and golf lessons for the other kid. Not much room left in the budget for myself.

Unfortunately, there aren't any teaching pros up here who are giving lessons anymore.

I actually went out on the course yesterday afternoon for 9 holes with my instructor. He literally just rode along and said nothing for a few holes but took some notes. He did make a couple recommendations for routine type stuff but no swing changes or anything like that. Really just a let’s see where I am at and make a plan to make it better thing. Pretty much at my request.

We got some great ideas on things to work on. Again no major swing changes are on becoming at all. All that was pretty solid. Mostly just learning to hit some different shots in the short game, a little putting work for improvement, course management type things, etc.

We start next week. I basically told him the deal was if I was going to make a commitment to play more consistent and solid golf this year then he was going to have to make the same commitment to get me there. For now, starting next week, it is going to be no-weekly lessons for most if not all of the year. In between that, there will be drills and such for me to work on.

I had been thinking about this for a while but finally decided I am tired of great rounds one day and mediocre or worse the next. The only way that changes is more practice, knowledge, confidence, etc. I can’t do all that alone so we made a commute each other to get it done.

Because I haven't ever done it before?

Seriously, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I had 3 good sessions about 1/2 way thru 2020’s shortened season (Covid delay) so I still need to continue to ingrain the learnings. We’re still at least 3-3 1/2 months from playing any golf so we’ll see how season starts and if need refresher, I will book something. Big plus this year is my instructor is moving to my course as Director of Instruction so I’m sure we’ll cross paths a lot.

Plus.... if I buy some new clubs, it will fix everything....right?

Covid. Pretty bad in the UK at the moment.

Currently I don’t have the time. I’m not opposed to it anymore like I used to be though. The right instructor is key for me as well. I’m not looking to make wholesale changes

Will definitely be having more lessons in 2021.
I think my head is finally getting settled on my 2020 lessons and looking forward to seeing the effects on my game.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't take lessons in the off season. May would probably be the earliest in season that I've taken one.

At this point (age 61) I really doubt there's anyone out there that can help me more than a shot or two. If I could get down to a 4-5 hdcp from 8-9 then I'd go for lesson plans. The local pro I've seen in the past is good, but he's not a miracle worker.

I'm not that serious about anything other than enjoying time on the golf course with buddies.

wish I would have gotten lessons in 1984!!

Got my son lessons his freshmen year of HS and he's got a great swing!

I really need to get with my guy for a tune up. I’ve been hitting them fairly consistently all year but staying kind of static.

Why aren't you scheduling lessons for 2021 yet (or at all)?

I am once again putting in the time and effort to improve and am completely aware of how difficult (impossible?) it is for me to make substantial gains on my own. But because of past experience, I simply lack the confidence that: 1) much will be learned, and 2) whatever will be learned can be applied to the full swing on the course if I take lessons. Until that level of commitment can be made mentally, I'd simply be wasting my money and an instructor's time.

Just so we're clear, this is a lack of confidence in my ability, not that of a good instructor.

That said, I'm considering short game lessons because that type of instruction is something I have been able to learn and apply in the past.

Back