Why Are You NOT Scheduling Lessons

I’ve been on a train of roughly a lesson a month for the past six months or so. I’m due for another, but I’m having to hold off. The reason? I don’t have clubs right now. I shipped a bunch of stuff to Rock Bottom to trade in. As soon as it’s processed and I get my store credit I’ll be ordering new irons and a driver. I’ll then have properly fit clubs for the first time ever!

Nah, at my age my swing is held together with bailing wire, duct tape, and super glue. And I’m happy with that. Once we move to Florida in April, I may PT at a local course in exchange for a once a week lesson for Mrs. TLuke. I’d rather spend my money now on cheap golf, good steak, and good adult beverages.

Time and location. If our relatively new pro is giving lessons, he's not publicizing it well. All other options are 45+ mins away.

I've been asking myself this more and more lately.
You’re in my freaking head again.

Just had this convo this morning with the Doc that I want to try and find another instructor

I've been asking myself this more and more lately.
Weirdly enough, I feel like my swing is in a really good place right now, especially with the driver and FWs. I'm trying to get my irons to behave since I changed grips to undersized, but overall the swing feels good. First time in a long, long time I'm not playing golf swing.

You’re in my freaking head again.

Just had this convo this morning with the Doc that I want to try and find another instructor
I need to just bite the bullet. Wish there was someone even mildly useful at my course.

i was just thinking about this yesterday...instead, i am swapping out my irons (back to my 565s). that should be the answer, right?

I need to just bite the bullet. Wish there was someone even mildly useful at my course.
Send me a video, I'll get you sorted.

I’m likely just going to have to drive out to Karsten and take them out there, the best option as far as potentially good fits goes. OSU’s strength and conditioning coach also gives lessons and he’s been amazing with some of my middle schoolers. I’ve got to give it another shot and just work my ass off this time.

I’m likely just going to have to drive out to Karsten and take them out there, the best option as far as potentially good fits goes. OSU’s strength and conditioning coach also gives lessons and he’s been amazing with some of my middle schoolers. I’ve got to give it another shot and just work my ass off this time.
range time is definitely needed, that's for damn sure.

i was just thinking about this yesterday...instead, i am swapping out my irons (back to my 565s). that should be the answer, right?
haha, the ultimate bandaid (although you're cheating, you're supposed to BUY something when things aren't perfect hahaha)

Happy to see this pop up. I’ve been talking myself out of lessons the last few weeks. My cap is down from 13.2 to 11.4, my average score is down from 89 to 86, and I’m playing pretty great golf all around. But I keep thinking a lesson could take things to the next level!

I could really really use a short game lesson or 12. :unsure:

Buddy of mine took a lesson from him a few weeks ago. He helped my buddy a tremendous amount. If he can do that for Ken Id love to see what he could do for someone with some ability

Too busy buying stuff. Seriously, time is an issue, I need to fix that.

had some bad habits start to creep back in last week. Trying to work it out on the range myself, maybe I should just cave in. I'm just not sure 1 lesson is enough and they can get expensive quick.

Happy to see this pop up. I’ve been talking myself out of lessons the last few weeks. My cap is down from 13.2 to 11.4, my average score is down from 89 to 86, and I’m playing pretty great golf all around. But I keep thinking a lesson could take things to the next level!
Do it. I dare you.

had some bad habits start to creep back in last week. Trying to work it out on the range myself, maybe I should just cave in. I'm just not sure 1 lesson is enough and they can get expensive quick.
that is the worst part.

I want a guy that gives me like.. 10 minutes of attention five times and we'll call it one lesson hahahaha

that is the worst part.

I want a guy that gives me like.. 10 minutes of attention five times and we'll call it one lesson hahahaha
YES! that would be awesome.

I have been kicking this around more lately.. Have not pulled the trigger. I think I know which coach I would talk to..

I have been kicking this around more lately.. Have not pulled the trigger. I think I know which coach I would talk to..
no you're fine. Schedule for second weekend in August. :sneaky:

no you're fine. Schedule for second weekend in August. :sneaky:

That date is both a motivator for and against getting lessons. What if they help?? But what if they make it worse?

Back