Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I use both of those wedges, but my 58 is wide sole. Other than my putter, the 54 is the most used club in my bag and it has been a great club. Enjoy!

I’ve never had anything besides set wedges before this, so I was shooting in the dark as to which would be right for me. Figured I’d go middle of the road on both and see how they work out for me.

I just bought the STi-2 one length irons from Golf works, 6 thru GW. Only had a chance for one trip to driving range, had to hit off a mat. So still need more practice. They feel good and ball goes straight. Price was very good.

Last edited:
One length?

yes, 7 Iron length. For me + 1/2 inch./

yes, 7 Iron length. For me + 1/2 inch./
So how did you address the weight and lie issues using the STi2 heads???? There is almost no way to even remotely do this even sort of right.

Spam account???

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

So how did you address the weight and lie issues using the STi2 heads???? There is almost no way to even remotely do this even sort of right.

Spam account???

No, didn't address. Didn't know there was a problem.

No, didn't address. Didn't know there was a problem.
So GOLFWORKS... built you a set of single length STi2 irons?

Spam account???

Just out of curiosity, how is this addressed by company's like Cobra? Is the weight of the head changed or is shaft weight changed as you progress through the clubs?

Just out of curiosity, how is this addressed by company's like Cobra? Is the weight of the head changed or is shaft weight changed as you progress through the clubs?
They are designed from a clean sheet of paper. Heads are cast in the same lie and every head is designed to weigh the same as a 7 iron. Only way to do it or your values are way off.

They are designed from a clean sheet of paper. Heads are cast in the same lie and every head is designed to weigh the same as a 7 iron. Only way to do it or your values are way off.

Thanks, very interesting.

So GOLFWORKS... built you a set of single length STi2 irons?

Yes, wanted new irons. And thought the single length would give me back some distance I have lost with age, Also price was a factor can't afford to pay 600 to 700 for a set of irons.

Yes, wanted new irons. And thought the single length would give me back some distance I have lost with age, Also price was a factor can't afford to pay 600 to 700 for a set of irons.
Can you please post a picture of you set of Sti2 single length set.

I will try, not real tech savy.

I will try, not real tech savy.
Just line all your clubs up against the wall in a row and take a few shots from different angles.

If i would be right handed i would be playing the TS1 no question

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
As a lefty, do you have any interest in playing the STi2?

If i would be right handed i would be playing the TS1 no question

I do have a few lefty Sti2 heads for Demos.

Sti2 are just to chunky at address and more SGI clubs not clubs i would switch from p770/apex pro

Same with wedges putters and drivers all great product but limited left handed. My bag would be full maltby

Golfworks is 10min from my house so I can see and test everything

I am embarrassed and angry,angry because I didn't check my order. And and embarrassed because I posted something incorrect on here. STi-2 clubs not same length.

I am embarrassed and angry,angry because I didn't check my order. And and embarrassed because I posted something incorrect on here. STi-2 clubs not same length.
No need to be embarrassed. The recent one length movement is a bit confusing, but as Popeye said there is a lot more to a one length club than just being the same length. The STi2 clubs have been a solid buy for me this past year, zero regrets. Might not be what you expected but they also might be better.

Wonder if Maltby is going to introduce any new clubs this year???
They have the Ke4 Tour iron which has been around forever being updated, not sure if it will still be the KE4 Tour. But as a very long running design I see it as being a nice extention for what they have been known for.

M seies + wedges are being updated as well with a very nice twist. Not sure if I can reveal the twist on it yet but it will add a new level of custom building options.

A new DBM finish on a TSW head that will allow the wedge to be bent as desired, but still keep the DBM qualities. I'm excited for this finish.

And the head they are very excited about is something called a HY-WAY. A newish take on a blend between a fairway wood and a hybrid head. Not ground breaking but a new approach for them. But the chatter is they are really pumped to release this head.

They do have forged heads, two designs. One is a cavity and one is more of a blade design. Think TE and MMB replacements. But those designs are bogged down with all the industry slowdowns. Won't be till 2022 they will arrive.

So as always Maltby is plugging along with cutting edge stuff and experimenting with new finishes.
The TS-1 and 2 have been a massive success and they can hardly keep up. So things are good at Maltby.

M seies + wedges are being updated as well with a very nice twist. Not sure if I can reveal the twist on it yet but it will add a new level of custom building options.
Since I use the M series, I am excited to see what they do with these.

Seen any pics of the HY-WAY?
I suggested an update of the MXU utility clubs a while back. Easiest hybrids to hit in the world.

Seen any pics of the HY-WAY?
I suggested an update of the MXU utility clubs a while back. Easiest hybrids to hit in the world.
Its on the website now. I really like the overall look.

Back