Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

Yeah I play a 56* sand wedge. It's actually my go-to club for <90 yards and it was only $40.
Oh nice. Did you build up one yourself or did Golfworks do it?

Have any of you guys played the LE Forged Head wedges? I'm looking at upgrading my wedges this winter and these are the only heads in left handed they have for wedges.

How are you liking those shafts? I was going to go with the 115's this summer but they were out of stock.

I went from DG S300 to FST 115X in a set of KE4 Tour+ and the difference is stark to say the least. Much higher launch and shorter flight for me. I’m going to swap out the FST’s for DG105 this week.

I’m thinking about the 21* HyWay they have. Supposed to be built at 7-wood length of 41.5”.

I’ve been thinking about swapping out my Ping G400 4h for awhile. It’s not bad by any means, I just wanted to try more of an iron style hybrid. This thread popped up and I decided to try a Maltby hybrid. The cost to enter is low enough that I’m not concerned if it doesn’t work out. Maltby KE4 FDI Hybrid with a Kuro Kage Black should be on its way in a few weeks.

I’m hoping it’s a lower piercing flighted club for me. Does anyone that’s played these have any thoughts on the FDI compared to a typical hybrid?

I’ve been thinking about swapping out my Ping G400 4h for awhile. It’s not bad by any means, I just wanted to try more of an iron style hybrid. This thread popped up and I decided to try a Maltby hybrid. The cost to enter is low enough that I’m not concerned if it doesn’t work out. Maltby KE4 FDI Hybrid with a Kuro Kage Black should be on its way in a few weeks.

I’m hoping it’s a lower piercing flighted club for me. Does anyone that’s played these have any thoughts on the FDI compared to a typical hybrid?
The sentence about a lower piercing flight is exactly what that clubhead will do for you. virtually any other style hybrid will be a higher flighted ball.
It plays more like an iron than any style hybrid head I've hit

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ralph Maltby's Golfworks used to make really beautiful custom wooden woods back in the day,
but never got much recognition for it.

Ralph Maltby's Golfworks used to make really beautiful custom wooden woods back in the day,
but never got much recognition for it.
I loved those heads. I used to put them on graphite shafts. The feel was amazing. Plus it was so easy to work the ball.

Have any of you guys played the LE Forged Head wedges? I'm looking at upgrading my wedges this winter and these are the only heads in left handed they have for wedges.

How are you liking those shafts? I was going to go with the 115's this summer but they were out of stock.
I am happy with them. They seem stable but I honestly haven't been a huge shaft test guy. All I can relate to is they launch slightly lower then the fst 125 and feel great.

The sentence about a lower piercing flight is exactly what that clubhead will do for you. virtually any other style hybrid will be a higher flighted ball.
It plays more like an iron than any style hybrid head I've hit

I got the KE4 FDI out to the range today. Launch was visibly lower and total height wasn’t affected much. If I had to guess I’d say 80-90 ft. instead of 100+. I think I’m going to try a heavier weight. I’ve gotta do some math to figure out where I want to start.

I purchased a Moment XII putter earlier this summer and I have to say it is really different experience from my older putters and my Cleveland Frontline. It is the first putter I have ever seen where hitting the ball towards the toe results in the ball rolling faster.

TS-1 heads doing some slave labor in prototype shafts. I tinker with so many different heads I forget how good these are. 20211107_211456.jpg

My 4i FDI has been doing pretty good. I’m surprised at how well it flies and rolls when I strike it well. I started embracing the fade and it’s shown itself to be an option off the tee. It’s also my new punch out club. A nice little punch sent my last ball the same distance as my 6i carry.

it’s been performing well enough that I’m getting my son a 2i FDI for Christmas since he’s been bugging me about finding a driving iron. He watches too much YouTube.

Is anyone here gaming the STw driver? I am trying to talk myself OUT of buying one in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only criticism I’ve read is it’s loud.

Is anyone here gaming the STw driver? I am trying to talk myself OUT of buying one in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have/had both the STw on a Maltby Pro Series R flex, and the KE4 on a Maltby Pro Series S flex. I prefer the KE4 on a stiff shaft. But my driver swing is so wild my opinion doesn't mean much right now.

I still have the STw head and am looking at some options for a new shaft.

Maltby Ts-2 4-6 have found thier way back into the top of my bag. I have Rapid Taper 95 S shafts in them.
My buddy a Pro on TaylorMades payroll was looking at the 4 iron. I told him to hit it and said he won't find a better feeling setup. He stepped in cold and complained he can't hit a 4 iron without a warm up. First shot wasn't special as it was just a half swing. The next 4 were rockets. He was putting them out to 250 yards like it was nothing.
He remarked that his own set of clubs don't feel nearly as good. Loved how easy it was to launch the ball. After the fifth ball he began to question his set make up. He is really contemplating lighter shafts. And this is from a Pro who swears he can't play graphite.
Check out these ridiculous numbers. 20211210_133012.jpg

Have a Ts-2 in a 105g Rapid Taper. 6 iron head and it's a beast. I had been testing the TS-1 6 iron with the 105g but this TS-2 is just stupid long. When flushed its the best feeling you can imagine. Smooth, absolute crushed it... gotta hit it again feeling. I was flying this 203-205 carry, over and over.
The Gold shaft is just a test color but everyone loves it. I added some simple black rings on the taper. 20211214_140944.jpg20211214_183402.jpg

I think i read it somewhere but just to confirm...setting up these shafts label down play a bit softer?

For anyone who is interested, on the Ralph Maltby forum there have been some discussions about new offerings coming later this year. So even though I wasn't REALLY looking for any new clubs in 2022 it will be interesting to see what is coming.

Just finished building up a Maltby STh2 #5 hybrid. It sits absolutely square....can't wait to try it out when we go to
Florida in a couple of weeks!

I think i read it somewhere but just to confirm...setting up these shafts label down play a bit softer?
Are you talking about the Rapid Tapers? I know in the past Robin Arthur shafts were decayed after they were poured. No idea if that is still the case. Popeye would know for sure.

Ok… so I currently play Ping i200’s and have no complaints with them. I am, however, fortunate enough to find myself in need of a second set of irons and, as much as I like them, not sure I want to go for another set of Pings.

I’m considering a set of Maltby irons but want to come close to my Ping setup as far as the style of club and relative performance. Any Maltby guys out there have any suggestions? Thanks!

Popeye would be the person to ask , he is very knowledgeable on Maltby clubs and shafts,

Ok… so I currently play Ping i200’s and have no complaints with them. I am, however, fortunate enough to find myself in need of a second set of irons and, as much as I like them, not sure I want to go for another set of Pings.

I’m considering a set of Maltby irons but want to come close to my Ping setup as far as the style of club and relative performance. Any Maltby guys out there have any suggestions? Thanks!
The just departed PTM irons were very much like the i200s.
In overall size and design. Quite close actually. The PTM irons were forgiving, while still being able to be workable. Modern lofts but not ridiculously so. 4° gaps in lofts also made them very precise with distance gapping. A traite few company's offer any more.
Doing fittings at the range more people chose the PTM over the TS-1 and TS-2. I was fairly disappointed when they were dropped from the catalog. My set of PTM Blacks are still the iron set ill take to a serious match or tourney.
If you look around forums or eBay new or like new sets pop up each week. You can damn near steal a set right now.
Early last year I built PTMs with a set of Rapid Tapers for a customer. They were to be back ups for his i200s. He sold the i200s and kept the PTMs.
For a back up set to the i200 you can't go wrong with a used set of PTMs.20220112_190455.jpg

Back