Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I have a TS2 4 iron that I rotate in as a driving iron. It looks great in person and feels every bit as good as any OEM hollow body iron. My friend liked it so much he ordered a full set of them and and now a TSW wedge that looks great in hand.

It would be cool to see Maltby get more mainstream exposure but I get why that might not happen. It would definitely open some eyes and hurt some feelings though.

I have a TS2 4 iron that I rotate in as a driving iron. It looks great in person and feels every bit as good as any OEM hollow body iron. My friend liked it so much he ordered a full set of them and and now a TSW wedge that looks great in hand.

It would be cool to see Maltby get more mainstream exposure but I get why that might not happen. It would definitely open some eyes and hurt some feelings though.

If the Golfworks is able to sell the Maltby brand golf clubs and make money then it raises a lot of questions about the leading brands and how much they must be spending on the tour, marketing, etc...

I bought TE Forged 4-GW irons with Dynamic Gold shafts and Lamkin Crossline black grips a few months back and my out the door cost was $371.86 (including tax). What I get for the price is:

• 5 step forged cavity back iron head
  • Name brand steel shaft, middle of the road cost
  • Name brand, but lower cost grip
  • Assembly of the clubs in the USA to my specifications including loft tweaks and stepping the shafts

How much different is this than a mainstream forged CB iron, such as the Titleist 620 CB iron that retails for $1,400 for 8 clubs? Tungsten co-forged 3 and 4 irons? Project X shaft instead of Dynamic Gold? Do the clubs play better?

Everyone has to make their own decision where they feel they are getting both quality and value.

Full disclosure -- You can't order today and get the deal I had. The pak went up $30 and there's now a $40 assembly charge for the set. But, still it is a very good value.

Dave

My Maltby KE4 TC #3 hybrid was supposed to arrive yesterday. Still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have 20% off the customs shop now if anyone is looking for anything that is not a normal pak.

Dave

I got my #2 19 degree KE4 FDI Hybrid Utility/driving iron with Recoil shaft and GP MCC+ 4 grip and this is an impressive iron. Came with a nice head cover too. When you consider the cost it is truly amazing. I got the 20% off on custom clubs deal at Golfworks. The timing was perfect.

Did not have much time to work with it yet, but did take it down and hit about 20 times into the net with the launch monitor late yesterday. I averaged around 195-205 and did not really warm up. If it performs anywhere close to this on the course she will be money for me and fills the gap I was looking for with a driving/utility club.

It simply looks top quality and smooth (Recoil shaft is really nice on the eyes) and performs as good as clubs costing several times this much. The club head was better looking than I expected. At the price my expectations was much lower than it would be for a club costing three times as much. These are priced really good.

The sound was much like my Mavrik Max irons which I like. Nice and crisp sound with the slight cavity sound (not canny at all to me, but more of an absorbed cavity sound). Looking down on the iron I was really surprised at how it looks for this type of iron. Nice slim top line and being a utility you do see the back side more. Not a big deal for me at all.

I will no doubt be looking more into Maltby clubs from now on. I have to use it on the course and see how it does, yet I am fairly confident this club will have a home in my bag filling the gap I was looking to fill.

I would like to build a set of the TS-2 as well, I put an Xcaliber Pro X95 stiff (normally I play XS) and it was so smooth and fun to hit as a 6 iron.

I think Golfworks & Maltby designs allow golfers the freedom to experiment shaft/grip & to a lesser extent head combos at a cost that can’t be beaten.

I got my #2 19 degree KE4 FDI Hybrid Utility/driving iron with Recoil shaft and GP MCC+ 4 grip and this is an impressive iron. Came with a nice head cover too. When you consider the cost it is truly amazing. I got the 20% off on custom clubs deal at Golfworks. The timing was perfect.

Did not have much time to work with it yet, but did take it down and hit about 20 times into the net with the launch monitor late yesterday. I averaged around 195-205 and did not really warm up. If it performs anywhere close to this on the course she will be money for me and fills the gap I was looking for with a driving/utility club.

It simply looks top quality and smooth (Recoil shaft is really nice on the eyes) and performs as good as clubs costing several times this much. The club head was better looking than I expected. At the price my expectations was much lower than it would be for a club costing three times as much. These are priced really good.

The sound was much like my Mavrik Max irons which I like. Nice and crisp sound with the slight cavity sound (not canny at all to me, but more of an absorbed cavity sound). Looking down on the iron I was really surprised at how it looks for this type of iron. Nice slim top line and being a utility you do see the back side more. Not a big deal for me at all.

I will no doubt be looking more into Maltby clubs from now on. I have to use it on the course and see how it does, yet I am fairly confident this club will have a home in my bag filling the gap I was looking to fill.

Best of luck w/the FDI. I had one built and have tried it, but it is just not as consistent as my hybrid. I don't think I'm getting along with the stock MPF shaft.

Dave

Best of luck w/the FDI. I had one built and have tried it, but it is just not as consistent as my hybrid. I don't think I'm getting along with the stock MPF shaft.

Dave
My FDI #2 has been my surprise of the season. Easy to hit, repeatable and the feel is just right. I had a FDI #3 with a PRO X 85 and it was solid, fairly playable in a lot of conditions. But no where near as good as the #2 with the Rapid Taper shaft. Like a whole different club head.
f7f8ccc8b466990762246e48bb76db36.jpg
e79cdc1d05e7e2185171b21d8046db36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ntanygd760 plays Maltby clubs and hits them very well.

I hit the FDI some more this afternoon and am getting on with it better now. I'm going to take it to the course tomorrow and hope to hit it well! There's near guaranteed use on a par 3 unless the wind is doing something unusual.

Dave

I have to imagine some people are buying them because I get their catalog every year, but to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in my groups playing their equipment.

I just switched from a Mizuno SGI iron set (fitted by a certified Mizuno fitter), to the Maltby KE4 Tour irons with Maltby's graphite iron shafts. I chose the club heads on a suggestion from a THP'er who will claim he's not "very knowledgeable". Glad I listened to his advice as it's one of the best equipment decisions I've ever made.

I know absolutely nothing about club head design, shaft fittings, golf manufacturers or their R&D budgets. But I do know the new Maltby irons are a better fit and are much, much longer - and it isn't even close.

The Mizunos with steel shafts were just under $100 per club. The Maltbys with graphite were less than $50. I'd agree with you that the downside of Maltby is the difficulty in getting fit, but in my case that didn't seem to be a disadvantage. Guess I just got lucky.

Dave
I played 9 today and got a couple hits with it and they were solid. One off the tee about 200 yards straight down the middle and another off the deck on a slight hill with a not so good strike and still got it around 185-190 slightly right of the green. At least I feel like I can hit it off the deck which is one of the main reasons I got it.

This club with the shaft I have will be a very good addition and I am guessing it will come into play on those doglegs that are about 200 to the corners where my 5 iron is a bit short and my 5 wood is too long.

Some of the other forums are populated by golfers who embrace club building. The HP just doesn't have as many.. sure there are quite a few in here but its more popular elsewhere. In those forums you will see more activity about Maltby gear.
In the past I have posted on HP some of my reviews on their gear and all you hear is crickets.
I have a thread on another forum that is based on the TS-2 irons and the post count is over 1000 and the views are over 96000.
As for the KE4 TC driver head I have done exhausting simulator testing with matching shafts and same measured loft vs the TM SIM head,, and the Maltby more than proved itself against a SIM head. Actually edged it out in data but that was splitting hairs.
Golfworks doesn't care to be forum supporters and submit their gear for testing which is truly a shame.
Every Maltby head i test goes against a matching OEM. There is no loss of performance and often will perform better. The cosmetics in past years could have certainly been better. But performance was always over looks. Some of Maltbys designs have been in production for over 10 years. Yet they keep selling. Their latest clubs are truly state of the art in design, materials and they venture into new building techniques all the time. The DBM black finish was actually introduced by Maltby which is now growing in OEM offerings.
I really wish they became a sponsor and submitted gear. They would hurt a lot of feeling in the big name world.

I actually like the fact that they stay under the radar. I don’t want them hiking their prices to compete with the big boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been playing the PTM irons and M series wedges for a year and a half,, and they are not going out of my bag any time soon. I custom built the irons myself with Kurokage shafts, and am a satisfied customer of Golfworks in building and experimenting with shafts for my driver and hybrids,, (TM M3 and cobra hybrids) Wanting to purchase their new driver soon, but hitting my current one too good at the moment to justify replacing it.

I ordered the TE forged irons (6-GW) over the weekend. Once they arrive and I put them to use, I'll be sure to post a review.

Looking to get a Moment Putter from them soon. Heard good things about them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If the Golfworks is able to sell the Maltby brand golf clubs and make money then it raises a lot of questions about the leading brands and how much they must be spending on the tour, marketing, etc...

I bought TE Forged 4-GW irons with Dynamic Gold shafts and Lamkin Crossline black grips a few months back and my out the door cost was $371.86 (including tax). What I get for the price is:

• 5 step forged cavity back iron head
  • Name brand steel shaft, middle of the road cost
  • Name brand, but lower cost grip
  • Assembly of the clubs in the USA to my specifications including loft tweaks and stepping the shafts

How much different is this than a mainstream forged CB iron, such as the Titleist 620 CB iron that retails for $1,400 for 8 clubs? Tungsten co-forged 3 and 4 irons? Project X shaft instead of Dynamic Gold? Do the clubs play better?

Everyone has to make their own decision where they feel they are getting both quality and value.

Full disclosure -- You can't order today and get the deal I had. The pak went up $30 and there's now a $40 assembly charge for the set. But, still it is a very good value.

Dave
Just compare them to 2400.00 set of irons at club champion.

I think the amazing pricing is probably what made me second guess Maltby clubs. I kept thinking they had to be junk because of the prices. I have looked at them often in the Golfworks catalog and read a number of reviews online and the reviews are for the most part good.

I only have the one #2 hybrid utility iron, but I am very impressed with build quality, material quality, and overall value. What more do you need in a decent club and for the price? If it plays well for you then you have it.

Looking to get a Moment Putter from them soon. Heard good things about them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have had the Moment XI in the bag for a while now. The ball in motion backbreaker helped my putting. Plua the burnt orange looks great in hand. That finish has held up surprisingly well over the past year and a half.

I have a Pure Track Blade putter that is beautiful, need to adjust the lie after my last fitting to see if that brings the accuracy and line up back inline with the feel.

I hit my Maltby #2 Utility Ke4 again today into the practice net with the launch monitor and so far this is proving to be a very nice club. Can't wait to get it back out on the course. I am hoping one evening this week I can take it out for 9.

At high 80s swing speed and 133.5 ball speed it is carrying 190 average and max at 200 today. I really like this club. I almost don't feel like it is a utility iron at all looking down on it when I swing. I bet on my better swing days I can put this out there.

I actually like the fact that they stay under the radar. I don’t want them hiking their prices to compete with the big boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is genuine and true. People that enjoy these clubs like them to be different. They like that they are cheap. Any marketing or mainstream or even a bit of cost rise where they are close to the same price as mainstream brands would result in the small vocal group having less interest.

Going back to the OP. The company knows our process in regards to complete and unbiased testing with data and chose not to participate. Doesn’t make them less quality. And the audience that enjoys them most likely prefers it this way.

This is genuine and true. People that enjoy these clubs like them to be different. They like that they are cheap. Any marketing or mainstream or even a bit of cost rise where they are close to the same price as mainstream brands would result in the small vocal group having less interest.

Going back to the OP. The company knows our process in regards to complete and unbiased testing with data and chose not to participate. Doesn’t make them less quality. And the audience that enjoys them most likely prefers it this way.
You certainly don't hear much about them, at least I didn't. I don't think I would have known a thing about them had I not had a Golfworks catalog and was looking through it one day. Although I have a good set of irons, I would not be opposed to trying the better Maltby irons just for the fun of it.

New addition.
c8ceac1afa17036feb4c3e2aa4fb7314.jpg

79c05d923f63aa2bb265f70f238c8b41.jpg

41deebd4200d38730e5f544cf91327fb.jpg

Back