Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

If you got that notice yesterday you should be getting your order tomorrow or Saturday. I have been getting recent orders from Golfworks 3 day from order date.

Awesome! I didn’t really pay attention to how long the ship time was on my other GW purchases. I wasn’t expecting it for a week.

I am putting together a set of Ke4-S irons in 5 thru GW and have all on hand except 7i which is on backorder and not expected until early to mid-May. Trying to decide what to use temporarily in place of the 7. I do have a few of the L Tech irons and the 6i L Tech is very close to same spec. as Ke4-S 7i. Wondering how that may work for the interim.

I am putting together a set of Ke4-S irons in 5 thru GW and have all on hand except 7i which is on backorder and not expected until early to mid-May. Trying to decide what to use temporarily in place of the 7. I do have a few of the L Tech irons and the 6i L Tech is very close to same spec. as Ke4-S 7i. Wondering how that may work for the interim.
It should be fine. You could even get the M890 and experiment with the new design.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I have a KE4S 7 iron head sitting on my bench. Want it?
EMail me at nathaniel321@yahoo.com

I finally (almost) finished tinkering with my blacked out Maltby wedges and I love how they turned out. Looking down at black grip, shaft, and club head feels as cool and inspiring as I had hoped. Golfsmith assembled the first two with the shaft label up, so I had to have them rotated. I replaced Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips with Star Sidewinders - in addition to being fully black, they are a bit softer and feel better in my hands. The wedges themselves are phenomenal. The M-Series+ Tour (51,56) are great all purpose wedges with a nice rounded leading edge and moderate sole thickness that I prefer. The Tour Grind MG (60) has a sharper leading edge and narrower sole for some diversity.
F47592EF-8F0E-4A9F-9366-E235C8E26A90.jpeg
97EB8472-6424-4E65-A4B1-97B9BA3BF314.jpeg
6C2D4968-403D-4EA0-802B-D4BD8CE38912.jpeg
Upcoming finishing touches:
1. Replace grips with Royal Grips Perf Wrap. I just put these on my irons and they are The One.
2. Remove most of the white paint fill.

Last edited:
Winter weather delayed shipment, but my KE4 driver finally arrived!

Took some 80% swings into my net. Feels pretty good, and I like the sound.

Think I made a good decision having it cut down by an inch. Feels like I have a bit more control over the head than my old driver. I’m going to have to get it on the range this week to see some ball flight.

D97057B8-7A14-43EA-9750-93FBA8709641.jpeg

2EAC36FC-FD19-49E6-988E-34B92D682C20.jpeg

971CC18E-64B3-4F3D-A18B-D9EBB52A369A.jpeg

Think I made a good decision having it cut down by an inch. Feels like I have a bit more control over the head than my old driver. I’m going to have to get it on the range this week to see some ball flight.

View attachment 8994519

View attachment 8994520

View attachment 8994521
Those are a really great head. Keep pace with anything made. Don't be afraid to tinker with the sole weight and experiment with swing weight.
They really do influence feel and flight.

I’m thinking about using a whole set of mg wedges, I already have a 60* that I need to put together when I buy the shaft.
I really like the idea of buying an acceptable driver for $100 vs 500, but just haven’t pulled the trigger

View attachment 8994519

View attachment 8994520

View attachment 8994521
What length do you decide on? I’ve been investigating options for a 43 or 43 1/2 driver. I pulled my old Wilson Staff 4 wood out, probably my all time favorite club, and measured the swing weight at D0.5 so I now realize I don’t need as much swing weight as I’ve been playing lately.

What length do you decide on? I’ve been investigating options for a 43 or 43 1/2 driver. I pulled my old Wilson Staff 4 wood out, probably my all time favorite club, and measured the swing weight at D0.5 so I now realize I don’t need as much swing weight as I’ve been playing lately.

I went with a 44.5“ length.

There may not be many reviews because they're hard to buy from. I've placed 2 orders now for assembled DBM irons about 6 months apart. Both times I got a reply email that one of the components was out of stock (grip) and the order cancelled, even though everything shows in stock on the web page. Also tried to order the Moment X tour putter pak and the grip for that was backordered 3+ weeks despite showing in stock on their website.

I've never tried to do business with a company and not had them attempt to save a significant sale by offering a substitution or following up in some way other than if you don't let us know you want to wait the order will be cancelled.

Since Dicks took over they are not what they once were customer service wise, but did you call them?
Also, with COVID19, everyone is having supply chain issues.

There may not be many reviews because they're hard to buy from. I've placed 2 orders now for assembled DBM irons about 6 months apart. Both times I got a reply email that one of the components was out of stock (grip) and the order cancelled, even though everything shows in stock on the web page. Also tried to order the Moment X tour putter pak and the grip for that was backordered 3+ weeks despite showing in stock on their website.

I've never tried to do business with a company and not had them attempt to save a significant sale by offering a substitution or following up in some way other than if you don't let us know you want to wait the order will be cancelled.
I order heads, shafts and supplies from them every month. I get all of my supplies within 3 days. When you place an order you receive an email confirmation. On the confirmation email it will list anything that is back ordered.
You order does not cancel. Orders will be held until the item is in stock. Unless you contact them and tell them to ship what items they have and what item you want as a substitute. But you have to speak to them on the phone.
Supply chains everywhere are a disaster but Golfworks has only help 1 out of 17 orders I have placed in the past 12 months.
If you are having issues such as this I'm not sure why you are stopping with your first point of contact and not having your issues resolved.
I can understand your frustration at a pak that did not ship because of a back ordered item. But if you read your confirmation email it's all right there.

If you are having issues such as this I'm not sure why you are stopping with your first point of contact and not having your issues resolved.
I can understand your frustration at a pak that did not ship because of a back ordered item. But if you read your confirmation email it's all right there.

This is from their email.
NOTE: the grips on both the putter and irons are backordered and due the end of this month.
If you do not respond within 10 business day your order will be cancelled.

I know it's all right there in the confirmation email. I'm stopping at the first point of contact because I've run my own business long enough to know it's not the customer's responsibility to find solutions to a businesses error. I replied to the confirmation email asking for substitution options a couple days ago and have heard nothing yet. Why the heck didn't they offer a solution like a similar grip that they do have in stock so they could get me the clubs? Most companies will follow up with a solution to a problem instead of what feels like indifference.

A third order that I had forgotten about was an order I tried to place months ago for the PTM DBM dark iron pak assembled. Although I asked the question about their ability to bend them 1* upright and if it was included in the $40 build fee in the Q&A they have down near the bottom of their listing page, and got an official answer there that it could be done, before ordering I got a curt confirmation email that in fact they couldn't be bent and the order was being cancelled.

I order a lot of things online and simply don't ever have these issues where the website availability is wrong, or the info you got about a product was wrong and you have to spend time on the phone or your out of luck. I can't be the only one this happens to and it seems reasonable to suspect that is why they're not more mainstream popular and garner more reviews on the forums despite their product quality being top notch.

If they have a great product, but aren't sticky because they're not easy for new customers to do business with, it's no surprise they stay small and there aren't a lot of reviews. If Taylormade or Callaway was run like that they wouldn't be widely known either.

Why the heck didn't they offer a solution like a similar grip that they do have in stock so they could get me the clubs?

It’s strange that they didn’t offer a free grip upgrade to you. They didn’t have the Lamkin pack grip in stock when I ordered the driver I posted to this thread a few weeks ago. They offered to upgrade the grip to a Super Stroke grip instead.

***Because the standard Lamkin grip is on backorder due the end of February first of March we are offering a free upgrade. It is the SuperStroke S-Tech, part number ST0103 BKWH. Would it be ok if we used the SuperStroke grip on your club?

This is from their email.
NOTE: the grips on both the putter and irons are backordered and due the end of this month.
If you do not respond within 10 business day your order will be cancelled.

I know it's all right there in the confirmation email. I'm stopping at the first point of contact because I've run my own business long enough to know it's not the customer's responsibility to find solutions to a businesses error. I replied to the confirmation email asking for substitution options a couple days ago and have heard nothing yet. Why the heck didn't they offer a solution like a similar grip that they do have in stock so they could get me the clubs? Most companies will follow up with a solution to a problem instead of what feels like indifference.

A third order that I had forgotten about was an order I tried to place months ago for the PTM DBM dark iron pak assembled. Although I asked the question about their ability to bend them 1* upright and if it was included in the $40 build fee in the Q&A they have down near the bottom of their listing page, and got an official answer there that it could be done, before ordering I got a curt confirmation email that in fact they couldn't be bent and the order was being cancelled.

I order a lot of things online and simply don't ever have these issues where the website availability is wrong, or the info you got about a product was wrong and you have to spend time on the phone or your out of luck. I can't be the only one this happens to and it seems reasonable to suspect that is why they're not more mainstream popular and garner more reviews on the forums despite their product quality being top notch.

If they have a great product, but aren't sticky because they're not easy for new customers to do business with, it's no surprise they stay small and there aren't a lot of reviews. If Taylormade or Callaway was run like that they wouldn't be widely known either.
Ehh, same thing happened to me with Cleveland/Srixon in January. Putter grip back ordered so it took 6 weeks for them to ship me the putter. Once they finally shipped me the putter, it was right handed instead of left handed. Sent it back and the left handed putter is backordered for 4 months. All was available on website. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of April. I think Lamkin (and everybody) are having major supply issues.

You keep saying they're cancelling the order but they just want you to confirm that you're aware of the backorder/lead time. You are essentially cancelling the order by not responding. If you can't wait I understand, backorders are a pain, but they're not cancelling your order. I actually think you have to respond to their confirmation emails even if nothing is wrong.

Since Dicks took over they are not what they once were customer service wise, but did you call them?
Also, with COVID19, everyone is having supply chain issues.
I ordered garage doors in early December and was told March delivery. My installer contacted me Saturday and told me delivery is now June. Talk about supply chain issues.

I built a Maltby Moment x putter for someone who then stiffed me. It’s new, never used, with headcover. So if anyone is looking for a good deal send me a PM.

Attachments

• A99C96F6-70B8-43E0-9409-3B548EE78ACB.jpeg
    A99C96F6-70B8-43E0-9409-3B548EE78ACB.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 38
  • D5659138-7478-40D6-BD90-6B31E0C304AB.jpeg
    D5659138-7478-40D6-BD90-6B31E0C304AB.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 38
I built a Maltby Moment x putter for someone who then stiffed me. It’s new, never used, with headcover. So if anyone is looking for a good deal send me a PM.

I knew as soon as I bought a putter someone would be looking to sell one of these!

I am just curious if anyone here has the ISO-T driver. I don't hear much about them and Golfworks currently has a sale on their paks.

I am just curious if anyone here has the ISO-T driver. I don't hear much about them and Golfworks currently has a sale on their paks.

I remember reading at least one thread about the ISO-T from @Popeye when I was first looking into Maltby clubs.

Very hot head, but not as forgiving as the other drivers. And lower launching. My sons alternate using it when they’re home and it works great, but they are both ex college Dlinemen so they can move it

I knew as soon as I bought a putter someone would be looking to sell one of these!
Never heard of a back up? Or over drafting? If you like a mallet with a double bend shaft, this is a great putter

Back