Why can't this game always be this easy?

Steel President

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been struggling with my driver all year. Big time. Hook city..and then I started overcompensating and developed a slice. And then I lost it all again. But I've hit the range hardcore the last few days and it paid off big time tonight. I was lacing my drives and it led to one heck of a round of golf for a hacker like me.

photo2.jpg

This game is so goofy. It really is. I was just in a zone all night - I didn't even take a practice swipe on the tee box. I was just feeling it. I truly did not hit a single bad drive all night (well..I put my drive on #9 in the water..but I crunched it). And, obviously, it paid off with a heck of a score. I'll take a 38 all day!

It cost me a pitcher of beer at the restaurant after but I'll gladly take that.

I realize that this probably doesn't deserve its own thread but, well, I just wanted to share my joyous 9 hole round with the rest of THP. And hopefully I can keep it going - what's the key to consistency???

Either way, fun times. Golf is a different game when you're in the zone.

(I'm Pat)

Nicely done! And yeah, it just seems like some days you have whatever shot you want!

Nice round Pat, I don't know the answers to your questions but I do advise you to enjoy it while it is there.

Thats a nice score card must have been tough to stop after 9 with a score like that

The strangest part? I was as sick as one could be this morning. Had been up at 5 AM with some sort of stomach bug. I was feeling well enough by the afternoon to give it a go on the course..good decision!

Maybe I need to get sick every day I golf?

Nice card Pat! Hope the swing can stick around a bit longer.

That's a nice round! Congrats on the 38. Isn't it funny how the good rounds just sneak up out of nowhere.

unlucky with drive on 9 or by the sounds of it you may have had chance for par over the 9.. as the others have said enjoy it while it lasts and keep hitting that range to prolong it also :)

Don't you love it when the clubs feel so well connected too your arms? :)

Great round, congrats!

Congrats on an awesome round!

Golf is indeed a funny, funny game.
My own example comes from the 4th hole at my local course... a little 145 yard par 3 across the end of the lake. Last week I hit 7 shots before getting one across the lake, and it ended up in the woods. Having not picked up a club since that round, I didn't have much in the way of expections for yesterday's round... especially the 4th hole. Of course last night I get up there and stick my tee shot 8' from the hole. Go figure.

As for being sick, the best basketball I've ever played in my life came on a day when I woke up sick as a dog and didn't feel too much better when we started playing... so maybe there's something to this playing while under the weather deal.

Congrats on a great round. I'd love to hear if there's carryover into your next round.

Great round!
This game is really fickle, or should I say my swing is really fickle.
One day it's on and the next, it's somewhat off.

Great stuff, Steel!

That's awesome man! 3 bogey's, 1 bird, and 5 pars...I'll take that all day every day please.

Nice round, Pat! Same thing happened to me last weekend...has been fighting with my driver for a month or so, and all of the sudden I was hitting every fairway. I didn't miss one until the 17th, and that was with a hybrid off the tee. Go figure.

Hope the good play keeps up for you! Use some squares and double squares on the card for bogeys and doubles :D

Nice round Pat. I'd take those scores and day. Is the 9th drivable looks like it's a fun hole

Nice round man! Sometimes going out and just playing brings out the best!

Back