Why did you replace your old golf bag?

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
I have trade in credit set aside for replacing my stand bag, but the truth is there isn't anything terribly wrong with it. I've had it for 5 years, it's faded, and parts of the top show wear from irons slamming into it. Still, every zipper works. Legs are as sturdy as day one. It works perfectly fine. Maybe I'm procrastinating, but it doesn't make much sense to swap it out yet.

For fellow THPers, are the above reasons enough to warrant getting a new bag? Why did you swap out the previous one?

Legs broke on the old Ogio and the color went from white to a pretty ugly yellow.
:sick:

I donated mine to the high school so had to replace.

I haven't replaced it yet. It is a 7 yr old Titleist hybrid stand bag. Still in as new shape. Other than not having 14 club dividers, it fits my needs. It has the older 4 section divider top.

I did not replace. Supplemented. My Florida set of irons needed a bag so I gave them my Kentucky bag and bought KY a new one. The new bag is all black and locks into my push cart. It was the locking into my push cart feature I wanted most.

It was a 13 year old Titleist bag that was still functional but starting to show some dry rot.

The last one I bought was as an in addition to the two I already had. Was getting a full set of Hogan clubs so thought it was only fitting to get a Hogan bag also. In regards to replacement, I typically don't replace them until they are falling apart. Old bags that are no longer usable become homes for the old clubs I don't, or rarely, use.

I change up my bag just to look at something new. I don't necessarily wait until a leg breaks or a zipper bust.

I replace my bag when the zippers stop working, or if the colors are really faded or if there are rips in it. The LineX bed liner in my truck is pretty hard on bags so getting more than a year out of one is pretty rare.

I replaced mine because it was pretty faded and the zippers were starting to go. They still worked but were not smooth to operate.

One simple reason: the stupid individual dividers... I HATE them. My bag was perfect in all other respects.

Shopping for a new cart bag right now. Two of my zippers broke so I'm missing useful pockets to keep stuff. Other than that I'd still keep playing with it even though it is showing lots of wear.

Mine broke when we moved a year or so ago. Granted it was 18 years old at that time.

Legs broke, or more correctly, legs were not right from the beginning and got worse over time. "Won" it, so to speak, so I tried to make it work but eventually gave up. Bought a SM bag, and it was clearly higher quality in all ways from day one. I have my eye on a Ping bag next, and if I make a change it will simply be because I want to.

The clubs tangled like crazy...it's a little better in this bag.

I missed having a 14-way top.

Bent leg and torn zipper on the thermal pocket

Wanted a lighter bag.

It didn't handle living in the back of my truck well.

The legs on my stand bag started sticking and wouldn’t open

The bag started to fade , the legs were giving way

my red Wilson Staff staff bag became available at a killer price.

that's pretty much it

Got my latest bag (sun mountain c130) because I wanted a 14 way divider bag.

Got out of my staff arrangement with Callaway, so didn't want to haul around a staff bag any longer. Went with a Ping Hoofer and really like the weight and pocket layout on it.

Had a 3 year old high end Titleist bag that I really liked. Then I started walking full time with a push cart. I then had a hard time pulling my sticks out with midsize grips when the bag was at an angle on the cart. The bag had a 5 way divider top. Would get 1 or 2 additional clubs rise up when I pulled the one I wanted. Highly annoying. Went to a 14 way divider OGIO RTC bag and problem solved. Waited for a sale and that paid off. Got it for $100 off the full price. Hated to give up a good bag that wasn't worn out, but I play too much to be wrestling with my sticks every round.

Last edited:
Back