Why do you use the bag you do?

I have a cart bag. When I walk I have a push cart, this fits great on it. I got it because it has my alma mater's branding all over it. I love that bag.

It was a gift from my brother, it's still in GREAT shape and I don't have a staff bag I care to use anymore.

Simply because it looked bad-a$$ online.

Spoiler
Pink_2014_S.jpg

I'm still using the same tired, old top flite stand bag I did when I was in high school. This past fall, the stand snapped off. A new bag is one of my top priorities this spring

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Srixon Staffer because it is so cool looking and I won it! When I travel via airlines I use my Ogio stand bag though. Also when a planned walking round is played.

JM

I have a Callaway Org 14S cart bag. It fits on my push cart when I want to walk. I like the 14 way dividers and the pockets on it. Plus I'm partial to Callaway so it's perfect for me.

Cart bag because I either use a push cart or ride and I like having a bag that is desgined for that. My next bag is most likely going to be a staff bag though, just because.

Ogio chamber cart bag because it keeps the clubs from banging into each other while we drive through the desert looking for our errant tee shots.

I also use a Callaway warbird to walk the par 3 with.

I have a wilson carry bag that I got from work for a 10 year milestone. There wasn't anything else I liked and the bag isn't bad especially for free.

I have a PING Pioneer, which I really like. Good assortment of pockets and fits well on my Clicgear.

I also have an Ogio Ozone that I use for when I carry. Chose it based on weight, cost and comfort when carrying.

I use a Nike Performance cart bag because I don't like to carry my clubs and always use my Clic Gear cart. It can be a pain for range sessions but I've gotten over that.

The reason I chose that particular bag is because it was only $120, it has 14 full-length dividers (& a separate putter well), looks awesome and has enough storage for a small army. I truly love my bag and it rides on the Clic incredibly well.

Because staff bags are awesome. I want to be awesome to.

Stand bag, cause it was a gift from JB and GG and proudly displays the THP logo on it

And it says THP Staff....and it's what I also use.

I had a stand bag for a long time but never walked the course. Got a cart bag for more storage and a 15-way divider and have loved it. Always use a riding or walking cart, so don't think I'll ever go back to a stand bag.

Every golf related item I purchase that has no effect on the quality of the shot I am going to hit is picked based on lowest price possible... this includes bags, towels, tools, practice nets, tees, and shirts.... I would much rather buy a 2 year old closeout shirt for 18 bucks than the newest design for 70 bucks...same with shoes.. last years design at half the price is always going to trump a brand new release.

Based on this, for the last 2 years I have been using a Wilson stand bag that I got for 39.99 on sale (retail of 69.99) at Academy sports... I rarely walk, but I prefer a stand bag even though it doesn't fit nice and snug in the carts..I prefer a stand bag because it is smaller which makes storage and getting through the door easier. They are also much more convenient when I go to the range or play on a simulator...even when I am cleaning my clubs.

This current bag is light enough..sure its probably a couple ounces heavier than the superlight high dollar bags but whos going to notice a couple ounces...just remove a couple balls if 2 ounces makes that big a difference to you.

I may replace the thing sometime this year if I find another awesome deal, but as of right now there's no need to. For a cheapo bag it has been plenty durable, all the zippers still work, and the color has barely faded at all. The money I saved on that bag over a new TM or Ogio bag allowed me to regrip my clubs once, maybe twice, and come out even.

I was a big fan of Ben Hogan and his clubs. I have had three different sets of Hogan irons and when (a few years ago) there was a beautiful Hogan staff bag in the pro shop I had to have it.

Because of the sun here in Florida it has faded badly but all the zippers still work and there is only a little wear in a few spots.

Stand bag, because its my THP "Staff" Bag given as a gift from GG and JB.

Titleist StaDry stand bag, because I walk, in Denmark, and it's waterproof.

Taylormade micro lite. I walk in my league and a buddy of mine likes to walk when we play on the weekends. Plus I don't like to pay cart fees.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's a mini staffer, matches my irons, and looks awesome.

Sun Mountain Hybrid - I use it for a few reasons...first off it is non brand specific and therefore I do not feel obligated to have my irons match my bag. This is probably a bad move on my part since it allows me to ho irons!!. Another reason I like it is because it is a larger stand bag, has a ton of pocket space and storage. Not in love with the 14 way divider, but it is what it is. Still keep and sometimes game an older Titleist staff bag....just cannot pull the trigger on a mid-size staff.

Callaway cart bag because I ride most of the time and it will work on my Sun Mountain if I do walk. I also like to be color coordinated so I went with a black/red bag to match the headcovers of my current clubs. 14 way dividers is a must as well as putter tube/well.

My wife gave it to me for Christmas. Since I am alumnus of the University of Oklahoma, she thought it would be the perfect gift, and it was!

Back