Why does Dallas think it’s so posh?

Desmond, I’m in Los Colinas. Any suggestions on where to get good brisket. I’m here on business. Lived in The Villages about 35 years old.
This place is still big.

You need to go to Dallas near Deep Ellum - on a Friday, it's wild.

See below or

HEIM Barbecue
Known for Bacon Burnt Ends

MOCKINGBIRD - DALLAS
3130 West Mockingbird Ln
Dallas, TX 75235
469-397-4346

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!!!
11am - 9pm

I'd try Terry Black's first...

7. Terry Black's Barbecue
3025 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
(469) 399-0081
Visit Website

An Austin export with a Lockhart pedigree, barky brisket, snappy sausages, and giant beef ribs pair beautifully with sides like mac and cheese, Mexican rice, and baked potato salad. Don’t forget to add on a mini pecan pie to your order.
ALSO FEATURED IN:

8. Pecan Lodge
2702 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
(214) 748-8900
Visit Website
Arguably Dallas’ most famous barbecue destination, Pecan Lodge still attracts lines years after its founding thanks to impossibly barky brisket, decadent mac and cheese, and hulking beef ribs. Don’t sleep on the fried chicken, though — it’s excellent.
Pecan Lodge Barbecue
Robert Strickland

You need to go to Dallas near Deep Ellum - on a Friday, it's wild.

See below or

HEIM Barbecue
Known for Bacon Burnt Ends

MOCKINGBIRD - DALLAS
3130 West Mockingbird Ln
Dallas, TX 75235
469-397-4346

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!!!
11am - 9pm

I'd try Terry Black's first...

7. Terry Black's Barbecue
3025 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
(469) 399-0081
Visit Website

An Austin export with a Lockhart pedigree, barky brisket, snappy sausages, and giant beef ribs pair beautifully with sides like mac and cheese, Mexican rice, and baked potato salad. Don’t forget to add on a mini pecan pie to your order.
ALSO FEATURED IN:

8. Pecan Lodge
2702 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
(214) 748-8900
Visit Website
Arguably Dallas’ most famous barbecue destination, Pecan Lodge still attracts lines years after its founding thanks to impossibly barky brisket, decadent mac and cheese, and hulking beef ribs. Don’t sleep on the fried chicken, though — it’s excellent.
Pecan Lodge Barbecue
Robert Strickland
Thanks Desmond! It will have to be a Saturday since I fly tomorrow. but I’m going soon as I get done with the trade show I’m attending. Wish I could stay for Cowboys/Panthers!!Thanks!!!!

That’s Desmond! It will have to be a Saturday but I’m going soon as I get done with the trade show I’m attending. Thanks!!!!

Sure, there is also Lockhart's Smokehouse but I don't think it's that great. A lot of people like it - I like it for the sausage they buy from around Austin and then smoke it.

If you want To Go, I have another place but it is in East Dallas.... but Pecan Lodge is more famous, and crowded whereas Terry Black's is relatively new but it has a good heritage. Haven't been to either. It's merely reputation. Some don't like Pecan Lodge (smoky), many do. Just gotta try them.

Terry Black’s was great. Really fun part of town

Attachments

• 7DEB9441-CC70-45FD-9F13-76BEE7C288F5.jpeg
    7DEB9441-CC70-45FD-9F13-76BEE7C288F5.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 05927995-8C26-4FCB-B1BE-DDEF865E7D1F.jpeg
    05927995-8C26-4FCB-B1BE-DDEF865E7D1F.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 4
Terry Black’s was great. Really fun part of town

Happy it worked out - Deep Ellum, I assume is where it is located, is fun and interesting - but I typically get out of there by 10 pm when I go.

I need to try Terry Blacks. I go to a little place in East Dallas called One90 Smoked Meats. It is TO GO and is darn good.

But Deep Ellum is more entertaining.

I've only been in Dallas one time for a convention. For whatever reason, one time we wound up in the Preston Trails area. Looked pretty doggone posh to me!

I've only been in Dallas one time for a convention. For whatever reason, one time we wound up in the Preston Trails area. Looked pretty doggone posh to me!

:ROFLMAO: it is.

I stayed in Los Colina at a Westin. It was connected to the Music Factory. Lots of good places to eat up there. Dallas is posh but it can back up it's swag. Fun city.

Happy it worked out - Deep Ellum, I assume is where it is located, is fun and interesting - but I typically get out of there by 10 pm when I go.

I need to try Terry Blacks. I go to a little place in East Dallas called One90 Smoked Meats. It is TO GO and is darn good.

But Deep Ellum is more entertaining.
Desmond, You and I are of the same generation. I was headed to the barn by 10:00. I liked the people watching in Deep Ellum. When I lived in Dallas i was 20 something and lived in the Villages. All the fun was on Greenville Avenue.

It’s the northern posh spice!

Like I can’t pay for a beer because I’m in jeans and a tshirt… sheesh
Because it is? Texas itself is pretty awesome but theres certain places that are extra awesome. Austin, Houston and Dallas are some of those places.

Back