Why so many hackers?!?!

Thanks for sharing that with us. I never have visited other alledged Golf forums, and I never will.......Go THP

I go to this site because of all the reasons stated above. I don't feel patronized here if I post. When I do go over there, which is rarely, it's like watching piranha ready to feed.

Nice post. I used to lurk other sites, but haven't been to one in about 6 months. Mainly, because they just don't appeal to me. They do what they do and have their mission. I tend to be a huge believer of THP's mission. There are internet golfers everywhere, though they tend to concentrate in certain places. Live and let live, I suppose :)

I normally dont comment on threads such as these, but will do so for a couple of reasons. I dont really pay attention to what other sites do, but the site you are speaking of is very large and run by some very good people. What they do, they do well and I honestly wish them the best of luck, but that is for them...We dont ever want to be that site.

THP is different from its home page to its forum. We do things differently here and were never out to be an equipment site. This site was about the golf lifestyle and made for people of all skill levels.
We get together once a year for the greatest golf weekend in the world
We have a demo day once a year
We have the Morgan Cup
We talk about tour golf, not tour golf equipment
Style
THP Radio
ALL SKILL LEVELS
Education from the source

Not one of these things makes one site better than the other, it just makes us different. Its hard to talk skill level if you are going to be a part of a THP outing right? People will get to see you play...hehe. Lots of swing changes going on when people get together from other places...hehe

In the end, the goal is to give choices. Some will like some places better and others will like other places better. THP set out to create a community like this one and because of the amazing members we have here, the growth has been incredible and made this place what it is.

this place is great, hense why i have more posts here in a month, then i had on the other site in over a year!

GolfWRX is just different than THP. You can find some good information there, especially if you're more into tinkering on your own clubs, or if you're into Japanese equipment, or if you want more in depth opinions on shafts/spineing etc. THere definitely isn't the familial feel like there is here, and more often than not, I think most of the guys there are full of it.

You guys speak for yourself. What's wrong with ya, not enough geritol. I hit my nine iron 250 yds ! :D

GolfWRX is just different than THP. You can find some good information there, especially if you're more into tinkering on your own clubs, or if you're into Japanese equipment, or if you want more in depth opinions on shafts/spineing etc. THere definitely isn't the familial feel like there is here, and more often than not, I think most of the guys there are full of it.

Some of the guys here are as well...lol

rep added!! couldnt of said it better myself!

Thanks MK! Again, there are some knowledgeable folks over there and I think there are some guys who could really be of great help, but it seems to me like there's a crew of dudes who just say and do what they want and get away with it. They put people's gear down, they insult people's intelligence when it comes to equipment. I find that irritating. They're all obsessed about what looks good in the bag and not necessarily what works best for their game.

As many of you know I had the opportunity to meet a group of golfABCers at The Kingdom. I have to say that the majority of them were very nice individuals, but a few of them were so annoying it was almost comical. One comment that sticks out in my mind came from one of them during a discussion we were having on Saturday night after everything was wrapping up. We were all just lounging around a table and talking and the discussion turned to the xFT wedges (which are AWESOME!). An ABCer proclaimed "I cannot hit those!" Some of us inquired why that was, and he responded, "They are not forged!" That just about made me want to poke my eye out! :eyepoke: I swear if JB was there, he would have started beating the guy with his custom grind forged wedges (which he couldn't hit either :D).

I had to leave because they couldn't keep up with my hacking.
I'm not even sure if you guys can handle my hacking... I can out hack any hacker out there any day!
An 8 on a hole you say? Pathetic, I'll shoot a 15!
You lost 1 ball that hole? I probably lost 5.

Where's the target anyways? :golf3:

I'm with you Matty, great post TC!

I can throw a pigskin over them mountains.. and a Titleist a mile high..

Don't you just love the "other" websites!

As many of you know I had the opportunity to meet a group of golfABCers at The Kingdom. I have to say that the majority of them were very nice individuals, but a few of them were so annoying it was almost comical. One comment that sticks out in my mind came from one of them during a discussion we were having on Saturday night after everything was wrapping up. We were all just lounging around a table and talking and the discussion turned to the xFT wedges (which are AWESOME!). An ABCer proclaimed "I cannot hit those!" Some of us inquired why that was, and he responded, "They are not forged!" That just about made me want to poke my eye out! :eyepoke: I swear if JB was there, he would have started beating the guy with his custom grind forged wedges (which he couldn't hit either :D).

hahaha, exactly doc! On WRX, it's Scratch or DIE!

that is too funny! I've decided I need to get serious about my game. Now that I have forged irons I'm going to go back in time and use a Nike 350CC Forged driver.

I've heard of "those guys at that site" but to be honest, I've never even had the inclination to check it out. Never been over there not once.
THP is all the forum I need. It's the only one I belong to and the only one I ever will.
I can hack with the best of them and I'm not afraid to admit it!!

Thats just classic. Good to see they act as bad in person as they do online. I wish I could have been there for that comment. My reaction would have been "LOL" and then I would have eaten his face.

Sarcasm noted. Also, I rarely run into these so called master golfers, but every once in awhile, I come across one, and all I can think is 'that guy is not enjoying the game of golf nearly enough.' They are always upset and so serious about everything.

Ugh...I'd have to agree. Our group also had an ABC'er who was more concerned with getting tour equipment and stamped wedges than the experience itself. It realy irked me because even though he seemed like an OK guy he just kept name droping and talking about who he built clubs for, ect,ect. The rest of the ABC'ers seemed ok but that one guy stood out and coltharris nailed it on the head in his first post. I actually joined ABC a while before finding THP and I think to total I have 30 posts on there..Needless to say THP isn't a flamefest and people don't criticize you when you ask basic questions about equipment or techniques. We are all on here for one reason, because we love love playing golf.

+1! I have never thought about looking for another forum, as this is the first and last one that I will ever want to be apart of. Number one, the people here are great. They are helpful, knowledgeable, and most importantly.. friendly! Everyone here at THP goes out of their way to be friendly and make you feel like home. You just can't find that anywhere. It is like our own little "golf family." I'm thankful to have found THP last year, but I regret the fact that I did not get involved as much as I have the past few months. I missed so much.

Again.. thank you THP for everything you do. Without you guys and gals, I would have to be at the "other" forums.

I had only been on one other golf forum before Josh and I started building THP. We had a vision of something for the average "hacker". There were enough "chest puffing" sites for guys who played xxx flex shafts made by brand XYZ and guys who could hit a 3 wood over 300 yards. I don't say that to criticize any other sites, just felt that appeal left a big void for the average golfer. Obviously I am not invovled here like I was the first 2 years but felt we have all done a great job setting the tone for what THP is all about, a great resource and community for golfers.

hahaha, exactly doc! On WRX, it's Scratch or DIE!

So, so, true. And in the putter forums there its Scotty or DIE. They know not the excellence that is Lajosi! :egyptian:

I'm a member of GolfWRX. This site is completely different. Sure they both talk golf. But THP is apples to GolfWRX's oranges. There are some very good folks at GolfWRX. They do things a lot differently over there and that's fine. Sure there are a lot of folks over there who have very big egos. But there are some very down to earth folks as well, more than willing to help. That said I prefer THP. I feel a bit out of my league on GolfWRX, here I'm more in my element. In addition, folks can be a lot more critical on GolfWRX. Someone can post something quite innocent and get flammed for it. That bothers me to no end.

THP is more intimate, should I say? Caring? I feel much more comfortable here. THP is multidimensional, which is amazing considering the unidimensionality of the medium.

While they are a great site and have a lot of information, I stumbled upon that site first back when I was building my new bag. Based on responses and stuff over there I quickly realized that I would get no help whatsoever from them. The membership over there is very eliteist and if you're not a scratch golfer playing forged blades everything else is a shovel not meant to be used on a golf course.

I am glad I found THP and it's definitely one of the best forums I've been a part of, but then again I enjoy forums that have a strong community feel to them.

I was google browsing randomly today and realized something. We have TOO MANY "average Joe" golfers on this website. The few times that I have looked at threads on "golfABC" (not saying any names, but I think you can figure it out) I have noticed a huge gap in golfing ability and knowledge between the two sites!

I mean, come on! 95% of the guys on "the other website" are "blasting" the ball 330 yards carry alone on average and about 290 in the air when they catch one "off the toe" which they rarely do. They can't even play the "normal" heads that us mere mortals use because the tolerances aren't tight enough for someone on their level. But that's okay because it sure is easy for them to pick up tour stamped heads straight from "the van" because they know all the guys that work on it. Or because they play a lot beside a guy on "the tour" that can hook them up. That's how a lot of them get driver heads before the guys on tour ever break them out at Kapalua. I guess they would know these people since the vast majority of them are in the works negotiating a staffer deal.

These guys really know their stuff too. That is the only site I've ever been on where everybody is a club fitter in their own eyes and can tell you the different launch conditions and spin rates that "you" are going to get out of a set of Nippon Pro's X flex 1.75" tipped vs Project X 7.0's .5" tipped. They would know a lot about these because X flex is all that they can play.

Every thread on there is filled with posts from guys getting into pissing contests over how much better of a near scratch golfer they are compared to the other near scratch golfer. Leaving me only able to scratch my head.

We need to work on our swing speeds and bad swing planes a LOT, otherwise we will never be anything more than runners up to these guys. Let's face it guys, we're all just Hackers on this site!

Hopefully sarcasm has been noted by all!!!

It would also help if we all understood the ball flight laws.

I like that site... It is a great place to buy stuff and I really enjoy the bag photos. I find that most of the really good players I know seem to know very little about equipment. You have not seen anything in terms of funny golf sites unless you read golf forums in the glory days of BSG..

I like this site because there seems to be a lot of golfers here that can relate to my game. It is nice when a +2 can communicate with a 15 and everyone respects each other. In fact, last fall I got togeather with a few fellow Hackers and played 18 with them in Omaha. THP is a nice place and I think I will stay around awhile.

Back