Why won't you play certain brands?

Can't really think of a major OE I wouldn't play, I'll try anything from any of them. In the end though its about feel, performance and looks and some OE's do certain clubs better than others I feel.

I'm not really hater of any brand but Taylor Made has never done anything for me and I've never had much luck with Titleist clubs outside of balls and wedges.

I wouldn't buy a Taylor-Made club if my life depended on it. I do like they're golf balls, but I think they're clubs are marketed to nausea pieces of garbage.

Can't fault you for your honesty.......

Mostly because of no access... I don't have anything against any brands. I'll play whatever fits me best, if I have access to getting fit.

I know there are some people who are homers or just won't play a certain brand.

Is it due to a bad experience in the past? is it because of what they do on the forum or what they don't do?

I will not play Taylormade anymore as I consider their advertising pretty misleading and they really do a disservice to the average golfer - just my opinion though and I certainly don't have any problem with those that do play TM.

There are a couple of brands that I will not play. It could be because I think their products are overpriced or their marketing is miss leading etc.

I have selective bias with regards to equipment companies and their products. It makes no logical sense, it's just how I do it.

I won't play Titleist golf balls because everybody else seems to. I would play Titleist clubs though.
I won't play Nike clubs or balls, but I do wear Nike shoes and clothing. To me, Nike is an apparel company, not an equipment company.

I won't explicitly avoid any brand, but I will rule out clubs that have certain characteristics that I don't like. Alignment marks on the crown other me, so that eliminates a lot of woods based on that.

I don't hate any company but I'm far from a Callaway fan. Over the years I've tried a bunch of their gear and the only thing I ever hit as well as what I have is last years x-forged irons, I never found a driver I liked and I found the fairway woods a little heavy for my liking. If they suddenly decided to give the Hogan name and brand the respect it deserves, I could look a little more favorably in their direction but until then no.

I used to have a phobia about all things Callaway until becoming active on this site. Them releasing Apex irons didn't hurt matters either as Hogans will always be my favorites.

There is a very specific putter rebrander who I will refuse to play.

That's funny. I'll play anything if it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TaylorMade, for the same reasons that many has stated in this thread, but their balls is okay.

being a relative rookie, I have only a little brand loyalty established. that being said, the absurdity of the big companies' sliding weights, magic cavities, and hyper adjustability are rather off-putting to this newcomer. I started with 20 year old ping zings, and they're still going somehow, and still perform somehow (as far as this newb can tell).

I'm sure plenty of older equipment falls into this "they don't make 'em like they used to!" category, but something about ping just sits well with me. do they advertise "magical" technology that will make my life better? sure, as everybody does. but at the end of the day, I don't feel dirty giving ping my money. not so much with the rocket-jet speed-slider-balls-stage 7 companies of the world...

No idea why people get upset about distance gains. If you don't look at a company based on that, then you have a very small market to pick from.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why? If the last 10 claims of 14 more yards were accurate, we would all be driving the ball 350 yards. However, we're not.

Feels like "Used Car" marketing. Including, drive em off the lot and their worthless in six months because of new product cycles and new distance claims.....

That's Why

When I saw the question, the only brand that popped in my head was Nike. I just remember when they first entered the equipment market it seemed like they just threw money at advertising and sponsorships to get market share rather than earning it. They may have a great product now - I have no idea. Just one of those silly little things that always bugged me and kept me away. Their strategy certainly worked so I can't fault them there.

Ping is another brand that I don't really consider when I'm looking at clubs. Nothing at all wrong them, I've just never been able to hit a Ping club well. Other than the Anser putter which worked great until I actually purchased it.

I have selective bias with regards to equipment companies and their products. It makes no logical sense, it's just how I do it.

I won't play Titleist golf balls because everybody else seems to. I would play Titleist clubs though.
I won't play Nike clubs or balls, but I do wear Nike shoes and clothing. To me, Nike is an apparel company, not an equipment company.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I think with gear being so close nowadays and the almost unlimited options available I should be able to pick and choose what I need from the brands I prefer.

Why? If the last 10 claims of 14 more yards were accurate, we would all be driving the ball 350 yards. However, we're not.

Feels like "Used Car" marketing. Including, drive em off the lot and their worthless in six months because of new product cycles and new distance claims.....

That's Why

Reread my post. It was directed towards the people who won't try clubs because of the marketing. Who is to say you won't see a gain?

Since you're not trying them, you'd never know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back