Why won't you play certain brands?

There's no brand that is off limits but with all the options out there, it is easy to gravitate towards a couple brands....which I guess also means that I tend to stay away from some others.

I will play anything as long as it works. I do have a minor issue with what I perceive as an elitist attitude with Titleist gear, but I think it's more because of some bad experiences with a few super jerk Titleist homers in the past. I have hit several Titleist clubs and have typically been a fan - I was very close to buying the 712 CB if it wasn't for the price.

I wouldn't say that I "won't play" a specific brand, however I'm a very brand loyal guy. I'll try anything, and if it feels good, and preforms well then it's got a shot at getting into my bag, as long as the price it right. It just happens that most of the stuff I hit and like are also Callaway, so that always nice! ha

Probably referring to the wholesale ripoff of the Morgan Cup with their "Play Famously" tournament.

I have another reason that I won't specifically mention. But it has to do with a lie that rhymes with Fain Grorged

I will not buy anything from Taylormade.. The promotions and commercials surrounding RBZ and Speed-(whatever its called) have ruined my image of their brand.. This has been spilling over to Adidas as well.. :(

To me, these kind of marketing are trying to fool the lesser informed customer.. I don't really like it..

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

I will not buy anything from Taylormade.. The promotions and commercials surrounding RBZ and Speed-(whatever its called) have ruined my image of their brand.. This has been spilling over to Adidas as well.. :(

To me, these kind of marketing are trying to fool the lesser informed customer.. I don't really like it..

Did you have a problem with Callaway advertising that the RAZR Hawk irons would lower your scores by 4 strokes?

Did you have a problem with Callaway advertising that the RAZR Hawk irons would lower your scores by 4 strokes?

Never saw that one but now I do!
Thanks.. If you keep up I'll have very few clubs to choose from when it's time to upgrade.. ;)

Luckily not many of those commercials find their way over land and sea to Sweden..

I think I have played every major manufactuer at one point in my bag.... It is all about feel and performance for me.

I cant say that I wont play anything... but I have never liked many of Callaway's offerings for some odd reason. Maybe it is due to me hitting the wrong clubs, but I have never gravitated to any of their products.

For some reason I've never hit Taylor Made stuff very well so now I don't even look at it. I might again someday but it will probably be a few product cycles before I do.

For some reason I've never hit Taylor Made stuff very well so now I don't even look at it. I might again someday but it will probably be a few product cycles before I do.

That shouldn't take long :D

Nothing I refuse to play, but I do tend to gravitate towards certain brands, and tend to stay away from others.

Really, if I got professionally fit by any of the major OEMs out there for only their gear, I am sure any which way I would have a bag full of goodness.

Warrior Golf. A friend of mine fell into their trap. It took an act of congress to get him out of the deal.

The "free club" marketing ploy is just a shady deal. Especially when they won't let you send the free stuff back & charge you for it.

They are a completely different company now FWIW

If I read low forward CG I have learned to run in the other direction.

For me it depends on the club.
- Drivers and FW/hybrids I'm up for anything. I will remain loyal to a company that makes a club I love, until they mess it up or I find something that's so much better I can't NOT play it.
- I've never liked any of the Ping irons, although I have tried and hit some well - I just can't deal with the way they look at setup. I won't look at a GI or SGI iron so if that's all you've got ...
- I don't go very far off road when I look for wedges - I know what I want and some companies just don't make it.
- I don't like ugly putters, so that knocks out quite a few companies
- I usually stick to the bigger OEMs unless I hear about a lesser known company/club here or through friends who play.

Other than that, I'm wide open to all possibilities :smile:

There's no major brand I wouldn't play, there's several I wouldn't buy, because of love to the ones I'm used to.

I like certain brands better than others if it preformes i will play it

All though it would be asking a lot for my to try The Hammer Driver or Warrior Clubs

They are a completely different company now FWIW

To be fair, they were claiming 13 more yards with the XHot driver and more than that with the 3 wood. They all do it.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

No idea why people get upset about distance gains. If you don't look at a company based on that, then you have a very small market to pick from.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have tried just about every major brand out there and just don't like the feel/performance standard shaft offerings of Taylormade, upgrading a std shaft from them is usually $$$. I also can't keep track of what new driver/fairways are being launched this week that are supposed to increase your _______ or decrease your_______, you can fill in the blanks to suit their marketing scheme.

I wouldn't buy a Taylor-Made club if my life depended on it. I do like they're golf balls, but I think they're clubs are marketed to nausea pieces of garbage.

I will play any brand other then TaylorMade/Adidas. For some reason their marketing aggravates me, so I choose not to play them. I have hit them before at the store and their clubs did nothing for me. Just not a fan.

I don't play certain brands because they dont fit my game at all. Plain and simple.

Some are harder to find as well and after being on THP I won't buy anything unless I can try it.

Back