Wide Blade Putters

I gamed a betti studio stock 9 for a little bit, but didn't have a big increase in success - ended up selling it pretty quickly to a buddy who wouldn't leave me alone about it hahaha

I do REALLY like the look of some of the Piretti's like the one in the first post - just not sure I could make them work.

I added another to the stable, a White Hot OG 1WS, with Stroke Lab. I have been rolling this more true on my indoor practice mat than any other putter I own.

7B95BA73-B4C3-4E20-BD74-F4EAFD010282.jpegCD99427A-FD44-4990-B3BB-A9D4F22CA7D4.jpeg0E311BE3-C29E-4694-B924-AA92391A2F15.jpeg2EB29C69-5B00-41CF-BDAE-34FCAF937C69.jpeg

Thanks for your reply JonD, as I was not a fan of the stock grips either, and that is why I replaced it, of course. I don't know whether it's just in my imagination that I can feel a weight difference, or it is actually real? Either way, that's not a good thing. Also, with the weight that is epoxied into the shaft end now being redistributed in the new grip, maybe that has something to do with it? The mind is a tricky place to deal with such things. Also, thanks for the link you attached!
In one of the THP Q&As with Callaway, @Luke WilliamsCG said that the stock SL grip is 65g and you should stick close to that if you switch grips. I don't remember exactly which THP video or thread it came from so I can't post a link to it, but I wrote it down and saved it in case I ever wanted to switch grips.

Last edited:
Picked up an Odyssey Works 1W Versa because I prefer the Anser style putter, hope for some of the benefits of a mallet.

I have 5 putters but the Swag Savage Too keeps coming to the top for me. It gives me the aiming advantages of a mallet while blade-like. 365g/1/2 offset. It has heft but doesn't feel heavy rolling the ball. I was pleasantly surprised. I play mine at 34.75 inches and it is setup simpler than this. I prefer a plain putter. My Swag is setup with no sightline and only a sight dot.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.34.08 AM.png

Back