Wife surprised me with a driver fitting!

Cannot wait to hear how it all shakes out. I truly believe Cobra killed both drivers this year.

I would agree with you!

The Navy/Red combo is amazing!

Went out yesterday for 9. Playing this weekend and waiting to get some more swings to post thoughts.
Really looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

I was wondering the same.

I saw a vid from Hank Haney saying that the engineers have worked out the optimal numbers, and the magic number seems to be 17! 17* launch angle and 1700 rpm of backspin. He said those numbers are very hard to achieve in the real world, and most try for a 13*-14* launch angle and around 2200 rpm of backspin.

Since he was rocking Callaway gear, I'm guessing he is talking about Callaway engineers.

Don’t know how this post slipped past me but congrats @e1iterate hitting higher bombs again. If you need someone to use the Lin Q I know some one haha.

not to derail but when people talk about low spin and unplayable, is that due to it just dropping out of the air because not enough skin to keep it airborne for optimal distance?

Don’t know how this post slipped past me but congrats @e1iterate hitting higher bombs again. If you need someone to use the Lin Q I know some one haha.

That Lin-Q will help you hit it lower!

not to derail but when people talk about low spin and unplayable, is that due to it just dropping out of the air because not enough skin to keep it airborne for optimal distance?
Yeah, can be that, less stable flight for tilt, and can also amplify a miss. If something is borderline low on a good one for me, it can get ducky in a hurry on a bit of a mishit.

With the weight closer to the face the spin actually increases on the outside edges of the face. The increased center face stability for good strikes is counteracted by putting more english on the ball as you get further away from center. That's kind of the trade off as I understand it. You also lose some launch angle which can cause the other problem you mentioned if you're already a low spin player. So that player would want more spin or a higher lofted driver.

Posting my reply in the RADspeed Driver thread. I’ll be posting all follow up thought there going forward.

Here is my breakdown of holes I used the new driver set up today.

Hole 1: Fairway
Hole 2: Missed Right
Hole 3: Fairway
Hole 5: Fairway (nearly drove green) super wet.
Hole 9: Missed Right
Hole 11: Missed Left
Hole 12: Fairway
Hole 14: Fairway
Hole 15: Fairway
Hole 16: Fairway
Hole 18: Missed Left

64% Overall.

Some thoughts about the misses. Hole 2 was a poor swing and then @Prince94 helped with my alignment and it was game on. The miss on 9 was solidly struck, but just had a slightly open face at contact. 11 & 18 were both very well struck balls that were just off the fairway. Very playable.

The feel and sound are both improved IMO from the Speedzone and I very much enjoyed the Speedzone offering. Even @Prince94 commented on the sound difference.

Generally @Prince94 is longer than me off the tee and I’m not short by any means either, but I was keeping up with him on his well struck balls and even past him on occasion.

As of this moment, I’d say I’m smitten with the set up. I feel I can swing through and it goes pretty straight. Nothing to really complain about thus far.

If you’re considering a new driver, be sure you give this a look. You might be surprised.

I guess it could since the shaft rotates in the Cobras.

If you change the adapter it does affect the puring. An important note is that you can take it back to Club Champion and they will re-pure it for you at no cost (at least that's what my fitter told me at CC).

Back