Wife surprised me with a driver fitting!

View attachment 8991503

Here is the winner. Average is brought down from swing three.

Basically went in and hit some shafts to find what worked best and then hit a bunch of heads. I told him I was not going to be brand loyal and wanted the best and most forgiving setup.

I loved the feel of the Radspeed. The sound was solid as well. The guy was super patient with me and wasn’t pushy.

I was completely surprised by the shaft honestly but the feel was great and results speak for themselves.

Epic Speed was a second place finisher. Titleist was surprising ball speed wise but didn’t get along great. Sim2 was egregious.
Curious if they tested anything that showed higher spins or if this fitter wanted you below 2k?

Sounds like you had a pretty good fitting. I would have gone TSi3 based on those numbers, but if it didnt feel right, then it makes sense to go another way.

Curious if they tested anything that showed higher spins or if this fitter wanted you below 2k?

When I got up in spin, the misses were super wide. He was really focused on the landing angle with that spin and said it was good.

Results seemed to justify it all.

Reactions: JB
View attachment 8991503

Basically went in and hit some shafts to find what worked best and then hit a bunch of heads. I told him I was not going to be brand loyal and wanted the best and most forgiving setup.

I loved the feel of the Radspeed. The sound was solid as well. The guy was super patient with me and wasn’t pushy.

I was completely surprised by the shaft honestly but the feel was great and results speak for themselves.

Epic Speed was a second place finisher. Titleist was surprising ball speed wise but didn’t get along great. Sim2 was egregious.
Very nice. Can’t wait to tee it up with ya!

That RADSPEED looks like a winner. Can't wait to hear how you like it. Congratulations on the new driver!!

Great data set there Mike. It looks like they hooked you up with the right setup for sure. It will be fun to see how this translates to the course this season.

Good stuff right there. Enjoy the new set-up!

View attachment 8991503

Great numbers and Great fit!

Debbie downer here, but sub 2000 spin at your BS is probably unplayable on a golf course.....no?

What was your attack angle?

Unless you are hitting 8-10+ degrees up on the ball....seems like sub 2k spin may not be ideal.

1612357305929.png

Very nice Mike! Love that launch angle and tight dispersion with the RAD XB! And let's be honest, that Peacoat finish is straight 🔥

I think I would have investigated this one a bit more....

1612358389710.png

Your bs and smash are awesome. Spin is still low, but you could change the hosel to maybe 3B or 3C to get a smidge more loft and spin. Also changing to perhaps a ball with a bit more spin off the driver could bring you into a really impressive zone.

Was the fitter fitting for dispersion or distance? Its interesting that he wanted the spin so low considering all we have been hearing about lately is needing more spin.

@e1iterate has pretty good control over the ball off the tee, so I don't hate the numbers and trust in the fitter is a good thing.
I would venture a guess that if more spin is warranted on the course, a simple loft change 1 degree would do the trick immediately.

@e1iterate has pretty good control over the ball off the tee, so I don't hate the numbers and trust in the fitter is a good thing.
I would venture a guess that if more spin is warranted on the course, a simple loft change 1 degree would do the trick immediately.
Also assuming is the regular head the weight could be moved back.

This. I’ve got 90 days with the setup and I can assure you if I don’t like something, I’ll be going back up there. I do think I could give it a click up and be fine with 9* loft too.

Also, I’m going to order some of the new Z Stars and XVs and play both to see what works best for me. XV can add some spin and reg Z Star can take some away.

My handicap has gone up to 11.9 and it’s from losing shots off the tee. My distance can be a strength, but does me no good if I’m off in the woods like @OITW 😉

I’m loving the feedback from everyone and I will report back here once the club is in hand.

Great fitting and congrats on the new gamer.

Gotta update us when you get the stick out on the course to see how you played at the course.

Just catching up on this thread but congrats on the new gamer. Looked pretty tight on a few of those. I think you made the right choice going with what feels best to you and gives you the best numbers for your swing. Feel is subjective but it’s also confidence building when it’s right.

This. I’ve got 90 days with the setup and I can assure you if I don’t like something, I’ll be going back up there. I do think I could give it a click up and be fine with 9* loft too.

Also, I’m going to order some of the new Z Stars and XVs and play both to see what works best for me. XV can add some spin and reg Z Star can take some away.

My handicap has gone up to 11.9 and it’s from losing shots off the tee. My distance can be a strength, but does me no good if I’m off in the woods like @OITW 😉

I’m loving the feedback from everyone and I will report back here once the club is in hand.

Great fit.

This is the 9* XB, right?

Did you happen to hit the stock Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue in that head?

Great fit.

This is the 9* XB, right?

Did you happen to hit the stock Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue in that head?

Correct.

Did not try that shaft.

Back