Wife surprised me with a driver fitting!

Unless you are hitting 8-10+ degrees up on the ball....seems like sub 2k spin may not be ideal.

View attachment 8991578
I have always struggled with charts - as I think they are great for guides but misleading for finite benefits.

We've got a great sample size from @e1iterate's fitting and the setup being referenced is clearly one of the tightest in the bunch, yet doesn't align with the argument of the chart. Kind of like when I started to chase optimization in balls and finally ignored the charts as a baseline, seeking out better results in unconventional setups.

I wouldn't fear 280+ carry with a setup that I had control over. I'd absolutely kill to have that AoA to support better (less) spin production.

View attachment 8991503

Here is the winner. Average is brought down from swing three.

Basically went in and hit some shafts to find what worked best and then hit a bunch of heads. I told him I was not going to be brand loyal and wanted the best and most forgiving setup.

I loved the feel of the Radspeed. The sound was solid as well. The guy was super patient with me and wasn’t pushy.

I was completely surprised by the shaft honestly but the feel was great and results speak for themselves.

Epic Speed was a second place finisher. Titleist was surprising ball speed wise but didn’t get along great. Sim2 was egregious.

the dispersion was really good (if i'm looking at the correct circle). i just worry about that spin. like, i worry a lot about that spin. dispersion being what it is, it seems like spin would be your friend. it's why personally i liked the epic max numbers the best (although i couldn't tell which white circle it was). all that matters is you being happy with your club and having the most fun on the golf course. if that's the rad+ventus 6x, winner winner low spin bombs for dinner. thanks for sharing the experience!

I have always struggled with charts - as I think they are great for guides but misleading for finite benefits.

We've got a great sample size from @e1iterate's fitting and the setup being referenced is clearly one of the tightest in the bunch, yet doesn't align with the argument of the chart. Kind of like when I started to chase optimization in balls and finally ignored the charts as a baseline, seeking out better results in unconventional setups.

I wouldn't fear 280+ carry with a setup that I had control over. I'd absolutely kill to have that AoA to support better (less) spin production.

You’ve basically summarized what I’m saying. On course testing is critical (i.e.perhaps ignoring the charts AND the launch monitor).

I’d also offer the idea that many people tend to swing harder and different on a LM than they do on course. When the heat is on, are you going to make the swings you made on the LM? Unlikely me thinks. Now that 1700 spin becomes a dead zone.

I think we are really saying the same thing here.

You’ve basically summarized what I’m saying. On course testing is critical (i.e.perhaps ignoring the charts AND the launch monitor).

I’d also offer the idea that many people tend to swing harder and different on a LM than they do on course. When the heat is on, are you going to make the swings you made on the LM? Unlikely me thinks. Now that 1700 spin becomes a dead zone.

I think we are really saying the same thing here.
To a point, I think we are. I'm suggesting we ignore the finite numbers and focus on the result (which of course matters most outside in round).

I don't think 1,700 is death. It's low, don't get me wrong, but I'd take it all day long if it had the control that downrange chart showed.

1700 was the average out of a sample size of 4. There were two shots with less than 1700. I’d not choose this driver setup personally. On course it will likely be unplayable.

1700 was the average out of a sample size of 4. There were two shots with less than 1700. I’d not choose this driver setup personally. On course it will likely be unplayable.

The good news is we are going to find out.

if the dispersion was equitable on course, what makes it unplayable?

Spectacular into wind, guaranteed to roll out after landing with the decent angle being what it is... I don't see what would make it unplayable.

I think I would have investigated this one a bit more....

View attachment 8991579

Your bs and smash are awesome. Spin is still low, but you could change the hosel to maybe 3B or 3C to get a smidge more loft and spin. Also changing to perhaps a ball with a bit more spin off the driver could bring you into a really impressive zone.

Looking at the chart I was thinking the 10* TSi3 looked the best in terms of spin and dispersion (assuming I am reading the dispersion chart correctly).

if the dispersion was equitable on course, what makes it unplayable?

Spectacular into wind, guaranteed to roll out after landing with the decent angle being what it is... I don't see what would make it unplayable.

Sorry, I don't see where you found the descent angle data? Referring to "with the decent angle being what it is." There is one photo with the full data averages, but I can't actually read it on my end.

Now that I know the driver was purchased, I'm not sure it is worth while adding more here. It will likely only be perceived as negativity and not as constructive review and thought. I don't want to add any negativity to what should be a positive purchase. I wish the absolute best results and outcome.....that is for 100000% sure.

Sorry, I don't see where you found the descent angle data? Referring to "with the decent angle being what it is." There is one photo with the full data averages, but I can't actually read it on my end.

Now that I know the driver was purchased, I'm not sure it is worth while adding more here. It will likely only be perceived as negativity and not as constructive review and thought. I don't want to add any negativity to what should be a positive purchase. I wish the absolute best results and outcome.....that is for 100000% sure.
I might have actually read that wrong - I saw his note of 34-38 and thought that's what he was experiencing, not what was attempting to be achieved.

I'm a 40+ guy and I haaaaaate it hahahaha - AoD is almost always in my top three focuses.

I might have actually read that wrong - I saw his note of 34-38 and thought that's what he was experiencing, not what was attempting to be achieved.

I'm a 40+ guy and I haaaaaate it hahahaha - AoD is almost always in my top three focuses.

With the RADspeed I was fitting into that 34-38 decent angle.

Great to see the results from the fitting, and as long as you like results thats all that matters. I guess goes to show that the same #s don't work for everyone, and maybe 2200 spin would have a negative impact on the results. Him em well on the course now !

Puring report from my shaft below, wow!

D0771B6D-6CF7-409C-81B6-1BE7EC1B7D65.jpeg

from a noted skeptic, graphs and measurements without any scale are super sketchy.

a quick look at their website and googling and I have no idea what a "Load Symmetry Index Test" quantifies.

The puring was free. Supposedly makes it more stable.

Did you tell them you were putting a LIN-Q in there? :D

It’s ready to go in if needed for now. Want to see if the CC fitting improves my driving.

Didn’t get these pics posted yesterday.

D6DA76E7-64D7-469F-8BC8-8DBD334B20B4.jpeg
20111BF0-2FC2-4CCD-85C4-1EC2C925FB7D.jpeg

Went out yesterday for 9. Playing this weekend and waiting to get some more swings to post thoughts.

Went out yesterday for 9. Playing this weekend and waiting to get some more swings to post thoughts.
Cannot wait to hear how it all shakes out. I truly believe Cobra killed both drivers this year.

Back