Wild driver fitting

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for advice. Went for a driver fitting today as it is one of the only areas I’ve not been properly fit. My driving is usually pretty good with my bad shot being a pish right but today it was wild, I was all over the place but mainly left. My own driver (original M2) was showing nearly 4000 spin so they put me in a Rogue Sub Zero which got it to about 2600 but still spraying it everywhere.

My question is do I go with what I was fit or ignore it all as I was terrible with the big stick today and try again later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would chalk it up to golf bay anxiety and try another day. This has happened to me before and I was all over the place....not a good time to buy anything.

Ya sounds like a bad swing day, I would reschedule and try again.

Looking for advice. Went for a driver fitting today as it is one of the only areas I’ve not been properly fit. My driving is usually pretty good with my bad shot being a pish right but today it was wild, I was all over the place but mainly left. My own driver (original M2) was showing nearly 4000 spin so they put me in a Rogue Sub Zero which got it to about 2600 but still spraying it everywhere.

My question is do I go with what I was fit or ignore it all as I was terrible with the big stick today and try again later?

If it were me and the results I got from my fitting weren’t as good as I would normally hit the ball during an average round, I probably would just scrap the whole fitting and try again when I was swinging a little better.

I'll second the "try another day" sentiment. But if you know me there's always a big "but..."

Bad hitting day or not you shouldn't be spinning a driver 4K. Clubhead or shaft or combo is not ideal there. Especially when you are seeing close to prime numbers with another club. Spin varying from 1800-3200 can be ideal for folks depending on their swing and what they want the ball to do. 4K isn't ideal in any way/shape/form. That ball will scream into the wind until it hits it apex and then fall straight down out of the sky. That's 5i spin with a driver.

I'd suggest getting a redo but it what you see on the course is a balloon ball that gets zero roll, your setup isn't right. There's a reason the SubZero clubs are built. And those like them. Some folks spin the living hell out of their drivers. Most of the time it's because they are hitting down on the ball. I wish my solution was that simple, I hit 3-5* up. Still spinning the stupid cover off but I've taken steps to eliminate that.

Good luck my friend.

Heck, I've never been fit. But from that perspective, if I were to go for my first one and my usual swing was AWOL, I absolutely would not make any decision off of that data.

I'll second the "try another day" sentiment. But if you know me there's always a big "but..."

Bad hitting day or not you shouldn't be spinning a driver 4K. Clubhead or shaft or combo is not ideal there. Especially when you are seeing close to prime numbers with another club. Spin varying from 1800-3200 can be ideal for folks depending on their swing and what they want the ball to do. 4K isn't ideal in any way/shape/form. That ball will scream into the wind until it hits it apex and then fall straight down out of the sky. That's 5i spin with a driver.

I'd suggest getting a redo but it what you see on the course is a balloon ball that gets zero roll, your setup isn't right. There's a reason the SubZero clubs are built. And those like them. Some folks spin the living hell out of their drivers. Most of the time it's because they are hitting down on the ball. I wish my solution was that simple, I hit 3-5* up. Still spinning the stupid cover off but I've taken steps to eliminate that.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks for the replies guys. I hit up on the ball about 4.5 which is the weird thing. I know my swing was over the top but as I said I’m usually good off the tee. One thing I never get is roll it hit the apex then drops.

Back