Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

I don't know about that for me. It depends on what she looked like and how much I've had to drink.
I read that as a literal cougar 🤦‍♂️ As a married man though I'd still have the same reaction :ROFLMAO:

BA71D2FE-A547-4456-BE97-91F61CAF6926.jpeg
here is another flock of wild ones..0BBBC6BA-5277-42FA-8361-D8F634F132DB.jpeg

This morning, there were two deer standing on the edge of a thick forest barely 20 feet from our tee box. They just stayed there while the three of us teed off. As we left, they moved just inside the forest. I’ve never seen wild deer remain that close to humans before. Neighbors are probably feeding them.

It's elk season here and a 6X6 sauntered around the course today with his harem of about 30 females (the guy's going to be worn out) and a young buck was sneaking behind looking for untended females.

a) Water rats are bigger and brown - they swim. They're not uncommon around here because we're on LI Sound.

b) They seemed to be hanging out together - hence the party atmosphere. It was more than just a chance meeting or gathering.

c) They looked like they were plotting against me. I think they had a plan to surround me so I took no chances. It would have been 3 against 1. I was in a 2-some and her ball was far away.
At the TPC Sawgrass when I played there was the alligator the club name "Jaws" sunbathing on the side of the 16th fairway next to the pond. It was huge! The caddie said he stays there year round. He's kinda like their pet. Also Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach have the most wildlife I have ever seen on a course. Tons and tons of deer, seagulls everywhere, and hundreds of sea lions laying on the rocks below the cliffs and on the beach. It really adds another element of beauty to the already perfect courses on the Carmel Bay.

Thanks and Go Hogs

I was thinking what others have already said. They're probably muskrats.

I've also played Spyglass and yes, there are tons of deer there. The only other wildlife we saw were either crows or ravens and those doggone things are smart. You phone in your food order for the turn at the 9th tee and pick it up as you go. The birds would wait near the 10th green where they knew you be away from the cart, and try to steal your uneaten food! We were barely 20 feet away when we hear flapping wings behind us. They were already landing on the roof! We ran back and chased them away. I told my cart mate to go putt, come back when he was done, then I'd go putt!

SOCAL mostly Rattlesnakes, deer, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits, Eagles, ducks, coots, swans, cranes, Herons, road runners, gophers. At the marine base at Camp Pendleton, sometimes the hills are white with flocks of sheep.

Eastern Diamondback just crossing the cart path. Let’s just say that drive that missed left was in an unplayable hazard.
636B8317-7FBD-446B-BCF9-0B58EF7AE72A.jpeg

wekopa.jpg
Some Javelina at Wekopa from our league day yesterday! The 2nd one is behind under the brush.

seen plenty of wonderful wildlife on courses but thankfully only played with one moron who wanted to shoot it

2d2c6064d0f5f5aac422c5c08a43592a.jpg

The only birdies I saw that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolled up on a cottonmouth last night...definitely keeps from me looking for lost balls. I’ve made it an iMportance to find fairways

There's a coyote that lives on one of the courses I play in a developed area. He trots around like he owns the place and he does not defer to you. A nutria walked by us on a different course and it wasn't impressed with us, either. On a third couse, the resident foxes run out into the fairway and steal golf balls. I haven't seen this, but there are lots of pictures in the clubhouse.

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

F51CD06E-8B16-43D6-ACA6-BB5FE0807A10.jpeg
42972F15-1E75-4B2B-9835-199D55B8DA77.jpeg

This coyote was in Vegas on hole 4 last weekend361C65A4-2ECA-4F40-B68D-EBF2FE01B67C.jpeg
1A0A5A76-390A-4660-A6A9-A5C94D3088A1.jpeg

This coyote lives on a course that has houses on one side and a large shopping center on the other side. I guess he makes a good living.

redtail-coyote.jpg

Attachments

• redtail-coyote.jpg
    redtail-coyote.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 11
83563004-35B9-4174-8EC5-0A9B0A91118A.jpeg
Saw a momma Fox 🦊 with six young kits. There den is in a hollow between two holes. I’ve seen this mom in here before with other litters. She must be a good mom.

A wild turkey gobbler strutted by the clubhouse this afternoon.
A course I play on saturdays is also on Metro Park property. With plenty of water and trees on the course, the wildlife is abundant. Turkeys are often sighted, especially in the spring early summer. So I bring my turkey caller scratch box with me and have a ball. There isn't much of a brain inside their small heads and I can fool them all the time by using the scratch box. They fan out their tails (beautiful birds) and strut around the females and occasionally come over to challenge me and our 4some, where the sound originates from. A couple times they have gotten somewhat aggressive and wouldn't leave us alone, and we had to speed off to the next hole to get rid of them. lol

This guy was huge - maybe 18” long shell

1F069A0C-72D7-45FC-978A-75EBE12DC5CF.jpeg6B4E4151-367F-4369-A64B-1D9C7D3EDB2D.jpeg42ECAD9D-158E-45D3-B3DC-7B94E4BE2D92.jpeg

No pictures but we saw 2 male geese fighting on the front 9 and a blue heron eat a fish on the back.

Last edited:
This was at LPGA yesterday. He walked right by my ball. 409FB9D5-9427-4EC0-A6AB-53B0C8F5AFC1.jpeg909803D4-65ED-40EE-914F-F81D85F16453.jpeg085C4D5D-C3AE-42A8-9155-70E927B27309.jpeg

Gisborne golf club west of Melbourne , played today , a mob of kangaroos approx 100 Criss crossing fairways , they decided at one stage to locate on a green we were hitting approach shots too ..

Another day in Tasmania , echidna (porcupine similar) within a metre of my ball it carried on walking away doing its business

Back