Will a new hybrid shaft give me what I want?

Cjgolf25

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if I am putting this in the right section so I apologize in advance if it is wrong.

I am currently debating on how to handle my hybrid situation. I am currently playing two hybrids, both being Cobra DWS, 3H and 4H. I am going to be going down to one due to the fact I will be adding an extra wedge and already plan on removing the 4H out of the bag. Upgrading completely is an option however I am starting to have a change of heart as far as completely upgrading to a newer hybrid.

Now I have had it in my bag for some time, and in the past year and half I have really been playing great with it. I have hit some memorable shots with. I just really like how it looks at address, and it is very pleasing to the eye. I starting pondering whether instead of upgrading to a whole new club, would i benefit from just a shaft upgrade.

Really here is it what I am looking for. Currently hitting the 3 wood about 250 yds, the problem is I'm hitting my 3H about maybe 215 yds. Id like to close that gap a bit, especially because I don't use the 3 wood of the fairway. Im not comfortable hitting it just of the fairway, it really act like my mini driver if anything. The 3H has 20* loft and the current shaft on it is the stock Aldila NV HL65 stiff flex. Id like to know if doing a shaft upgrade would get me an additional 10 yds, and give me a slightly lower trajectory? What is the best method way to test hybrid shafts? Any particular shaft recommendation? Or is my best bet going with newer club overall to get exactly what I want?

There may be a shaft that can get you an additional 10 yards but I don't know how to test it with DWS head. I was using the same hybrids. I decided to purchase the Titleist 910H because it's adjustable. That was the only way I could fill the gap.

Well depending on how "nice" of a shaft you are willing to buy? It MIGHT be cheaper if you find a newer hybrid with an upgraded shaft that will help you get a little lower shot trajectory and get you that extra 10 or so yards. You could spend some serious cash on a new shaft! I'd suggest if you are willing to do that, then do your homework on the newer models and find a company that's willing to swap shafts before buying it. You'll get a club that meets you needs and at the price you can afford.

@HoselRocket104 That would be plan B for me. If I did go that route I would want to buy an adjustable hybrid, maybe even the 910H.

@Agent Jay I wouldn't want to exceed $100 for the shaft. Otherwise I probably would just go with plan B and spend the money on a newer hybrid.

Back