Will anyone remain #1 longer than a year

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
With Jason Day taking over the top spot it made me wonder if anything me would hold the ranking longer than a year. I'm mean who will grab it from Jason? How long will Json hold on?

I think with guys like Spieth, Rory, Scott and DJ always contending there will be a rotation every 6 months or so for #1 spot between a few.

I think it will fluctuate a good bit for the foreseeable future. Too many players going back and forth with wins for anyone to truly "dominate".

What will happen if Rory wins it all? Will he overtake Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with War Eagle. Not sure there's ever been this many top notch golfers so close in age.

I think it will move around a bit this year, which in my opinion is great for golf. So many great young guys at the moment.

I have to agree with the rest. I think it is going to continue to change as each gets hot! The way it is calculated doesn't to allow for it happen as much as when Tiger ruled for so long!

I think it will go back and forth quite a bit,the talent is plenty

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

3-4 guys at the top are really good players and whoever is on the hot streak is going to be in that spot. It's going to be a rotating spot for awhile and I like it. The world rankings don't matter to me and with the fluctuation there will se some good golf to follow along with. I see lots if tight Sunday finishes for awhile

i can't see anyone holding the top spot for long periods as there are too many good players these days for someone to completely dominate

I also see it rotating quite a bit in the foreseeable future. Too much talent out there for one person to dominate for a longer period of time.

So we are at a stage in golf where we will have the hottest golf for the moment. Kind of waters down the top spot.

I wouldn't say it waters down the top spot, it just shows how good the talent really is at the moment and how tough it is to actually gain that top spot and stay there

So we are at a stage in golf where we will have the hottest golf for the moment. Kind of waters down the top spot.

Does it water it down or make it more intriguing?
The question is, what is better I guess. Dominance or parity?
For die hard golf fans, the answer is always going to be "what is going to happen" and for casual fans the answer is always going to be dominance.

Rotation over the next year as I think not much separates the top three spots. Question is do we see any other golfers entering into the picture?

For me I like it as it's going to come down to who wants it more.

I think I prefer the uncertainty of who it will be rather than one player dominating everything. Competition for the top spot is only going to push each of them to improve if they want it

I see 4 or 5 guys trading the spot back and forth and that is OK by me. Lots of great players right now.

Does it water it down or make it more intriguing?
The question is, what is better I guess. Dominance or parity?
For die hard golf fans, the answer is always going to be "what is going to happen" and for casual fans the answer is always going to be dominance.

The top guys are good, don't get me wrong. But I want to see consistent play from them. It seems we get a stellar year and get excited. Then there is let down of sorts.

I'd love to see some legit rivals created, some epic battles amongst our top guys.

I have to go with the rotation group. The top golfers in the world are all very good but I don't see that dominate player, i.e. Tiger Woods, that can hold on to it for that long. If I had to guess who could, I would say Rory or Spieth have the best chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it waters it down because the top 3 guys want to get there and stay there. Two have battled injuries and the third started coming into top play last year. I think that hunger to getters and stay there will build up to good golf to,watch and while all 3 may play well it will be the guy with majors or multiple win years that will edge out the other two.

we all like dominance and we may see it for a few months at a time but seeing good golf and maybe even see the building if new stars who want to get into the mix with the top players will be fun

I don't think it waters it down because the top 3 guys want to get there and stay there. Two have battled injuries and the third started coming into top play last year. I think that hunger to getters and stay there will build up to good golf to,watch and while all 3 may play well it will be the guy with majors or multiple win years that will edge out the other two.

we all like dominance and we may see it for a few months at a time but seeing good golf and maybe even see the building if new stars who want to get into the mix with the top players will be fun

I just don't get the feeling that being #1 in the world of golf is a big deal any longer. I love seeing top guys playing well. There can't be more than one and since it can change weekly, it just seems weak to me.

More intriguing IMO. I like where gold is right now. Every week is a battle, if the top guy has a couple off weeks then he loses ground. It's good for golf I think. Maybe even brings back some relevance to the ranking?

Parity is healthy, but I like seeing everyone gunning for the elite player. Like everyone else, right now I don't think anyone can ascend to that level versus the competition.

Rory will get stupid hot and we will have our dominant #1 again.

I don't think so.

Back