Will Life ever be the same after COVID-19?

Oh I meant when they were sick, not all the time. Sorry - yeah, that's a bridge too far.

This is a good idea for those who are sick so they can't spread the disease through coughing or sneezing. But wearing a mask has benefits for the healthy too.

Funny thing is, how many people feel now is how I've felt for some time haha - Touching hand rails, elevator buttons, doors, it all already bothered the hell out of me. Hell, I couldn't go buy a Monster Energy drink from the gas station without wiping it down.

This is why one doctor from Cornell Medical Center suggests wearing a mask, or even a bandanna, if you are healthy as the benefit is that it keeps you from touching your face after touching any of those things you mention - at least until you can wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.

This is a good idea for those who are sick so they can't spread the disease through coughing or sneezing. But wearing a mask has benefits for the healthy too.

May turn out to be especially helpful for this and future similar outbreaks, as asymptomatic transmission seems to be a concern.

I said earlier, that we, as a people, will get over this and I think very quickly will be out an about going to restaurants, bars, sporting events, and the like. Will they have the money to do the same as before, most likely many will not. I could see summer vacations taking a major hit even if we are back to being open by July.

The financial impact this has caused will take years to overcome. Many small businesses have debt payments they use and while people have posted about how the bank will defer mortgage payments a bit, the small business loans are NOT being deferred. I spoke with a person I know in the business and he said no deferments allowed on any business that isn't a restaurant or bar. Many small businesses will never open again. Others that survive, will probably have a huge decrease in value if they wanted to sell due to the uncertainty of small business in the future.

People live paycheck to paycheck. That will never change. There isn't going to be some revelation that you need to find a way to save 10% of your paycheck in savings for that rainy day. Why? because they can't afford to make that change for most people.

It's just a very sad thing this pandemic has caused. I understand that the virus is going to cost so many lives and I feel so horribly for that, but the economic disaster coming will be far more devastating and probably cost more lives and damage to society as we continue to flatten the curve. I still believe that if the country would have gone full federal mandate quarantine back in February with no travel form outside for a few weeks, we could have been over this possibily. However, we have so many people doing their own thing and others that just will not listen or think this is nothing. So, this month you see New York exploding in numbers, and while another state will say we are not New York, yet their numbers will explode in the coming weeks. The reason this is lasting so long is no one will listen and just stay home. One rule for the entire country would have been best in my opinion. But, now we wait and watch the devastation this will cause as we slowly flatten the curve over months.

Back