Will Phil Mickelson Win Post 50?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year he had a win and a second place finish.
This year he has a third place finish already.

Do you think he will win post 50?

I say yes. He will find lightning in a bottle somewhere.

yep and without shades.

I want him to but I just don’t see it happening unless the driver is lights out for a full week.

Don't see why he can't. I think he will.

I hope he will and I think he will.

I say yes. He will find lightning in a bottle somewhere.

Exactly what I was going to say. There is not a physical impediment from getting it done, he just needs to put a few good rounds together.

I'm saying no. His results since turning 49 have been dreadful. Ok he has the 3rd place finish at Pebble Beach, but man 9 missed cuts in 16 tournaments, and only in the top 25 of those events 1 time since.

Finishes since turning 49....

16 events....
Missed Cuts: 9
Of the 7 he's made the weekend: he has a 3, T28, T31, 61, T48, T71, 57.

Especially with those sweet shades he was wearing this past week.

I'm saying no. His results since turning 49 have been dreadful. Ok he has the 3rd place finish at Pebble Beach, but man 9 missed cuts in 16 tournaments, and only in the top 25 of those events 1 time since.

Finishes since turning 49....

16 events....
Missed Cuts: 9
Of the 7 he's made the weekend: he has a 3, T28, T31, 61, T48, T71, 57.

But the power of shades..

Oh he will win, but it won’t be a win that matters.

Davis Love won at age 51, so I would not be surprised to see Phil win post 50.

Nope. I just can’t see him putting 4 good enough rounds together with all the young guns in the field.

For him? Anything not a US Open.

Oh man, I think putting on a green jacket or another major would still be pretty darn huge.
Heck I think any win post 50 would be, but those would be pretty big.

Davis Love won at age 51, so I would not be surprised to see Phil win post 50.

I mean I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. There are certain courses that he can just go out and flat out win on. Pebble Beach Pro Am being on of those events.

He'll win again. He won't like to hear it, but he plays better with he's Fat Phil and not skinny Phil. His best iron and wedge play was when he was a bit heavier after looking in shape after the winter layoff. He'd stop working out, get big again, and start hitting a lot of flighted or 3/4 shots, and he would just throw darts. He gets to that again, he'll win again.

They did look great over the weekend didn't they? Oops

I am sure they looked great.. We just didn't get to see them. I have 100% confidence Phil will win somewhere.. I would be willing to bet he is in contention at the masters this year. I am not saying he will win. But he will be in contention as you can be crazy wild off the tee there and still in the fairway.

Oh man, I think putting on a green jacket or another major would still be pretty darn huge.
Heck I think any win post 50 would be, but those would be pretty big.

But those don’t change his place in golf history, only a US Open and the career grand slam as well as slaying his well known US Open failures will elevate him in golf history.

I mean I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. There are certain courses that he can just go out and flat out win on. Pebble Beach Pro Am being on of those events.

Pebble Beach came to mind immediately for me too.

But those don’t change his place in golf history, only a US Open and the career grand slam as well as slaying his well known US Open failures will elevate him in golf history.

I agree and disagree with this. If he picked up another major any where it would be huge. But the career G.S. would be huge'r.. Haha.

I hope he does, but I just don't see it happening. I think he will be close in some events, but the field is strong these days at a time when his performance is declining. he is still a wizard around the greens, but a lot has to go really right for him to win, and that's tough.

Back