Will There Be A PGA Show in 2021?

Probably they can technically keep the show. However, with basically all golf companies going to have a crappy year will they be willing to invest the money and effort to go to the show (which would still be uncertain even if they plan to go ahead with it). Unless there are large discounts to booth fees and we see a vaccine available (or drugs that reduce the impact) I don't see this happening. And as someone else mentioned not even all companies will release new equipment but rather stretch the release cycle.

Clearly TaylorMade has been ahead of the game haha

All of that stuff is going to change at least in the near future. Think about NAB how freaking huge that was when we went to that JB.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see the 2021 show axed and have it return in 2022.

Clearly TaylorMade has been ahead of the game haha

All of that stuff is going to change at least in the near future. Think about NAB how freaking huge that was when we went to that JB.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see the 2021 show axed and have it return in 2022.

NAB SHow would be like a hug from a sweaty dude while he disrobes.

The PGA Show could do something around demo day, but the problem is twofold.
Demo Day is always a **** show with tricker treaters
It sets precedent and no company is going to want to go inside.

My guess is unlikely. All of my major conferences have been cancelled through beginning of next year.

You could do something around Demo Day but man I just don’t see that being a good setup for all the apparel and sales portions of the show.

If they do one in January I’d have to think the attendance is going to be reduced. Which will for once stop the “largest attendance yet” email that goes out 2 days after the show when we all know traffic is down, booths are down, etc.

Can’t they just get rid of the trick or treaters?

Can’t they just get rid of the trick or treaters?

Even think of the pit. Think of how many people get crammed in to that spot for 6-7 hours every night.

Even think of the pit. Think of how many people get crammed in to that spot for 6-7 hours every night.
Yeah good point. Would be weird with a bunch of people wearing masks haha

You would think so, but it happens every year.
Simple solution stop giving away free crap nobody actually needs haha

If they cap or restrict attendance, no way. You’re paying for the foot traffic and I don’t see companies putting up cash for a show with those limitations.

Simple solution stop giving away free crap nobody actually needs haha

They pretty much have and it still happens. Course gets 5 badges gives them to aisle fillers. Then my favorite are the badges with guest. Its always nice when I am there working and see friends of mine wandering around taking up time.

Great story a few years ago was someone explaining how he “connected with“ someone that was a putter designer. Felt bad for said putter designer knowing that he just spent 30 minutes breaking down this new venture to someone that literally had nothing to do with golf equipment, media or any buying situation.

I think its a FOMO thing for a lot of people and I get it to an extent. Or at least used to, when new items were released.

The lines I rep are working on ways to present virtually. Sending samples to customers when needed. It’s going to be a leap into a new world.
Also a couple of big brands in my field(footwear) have fired all their reps and even cancelled goods to avoid paying commission.

I think there will be one but it will be substantially different than past shows. Maybe far less companies invited so things can be spread out more and less invites to attend the show. Maybe something like a requirement of doing a certain volume of sales to attend for dealers of equipment whter it be a golf course clubhouse or brick and mortar store. Would probably cut out a lot of attendess like my course pro as I'm sure my course would not even sniff a certain sales volume threshold.

I hope there is. No reason to live in fear.

I can’t see there being that much new product out there to promote. Release cycles will be postponed for 12 months whilst manufacturers and suppliers recover.

My guess is that they do have a show, but in a much different way. Fewer booths within the center itself, limitations on the amount of people both invited and within the event spaces at any time, and an expanded outdoor presence at OCN and/or other related open air spaces.
This is where I’m at as well. I think we will see more open air or tent style gatherings where air flow is greater.
Likely some type of maximum capacity and spacing around booths.

Id say that it depends but at this point I would say probably not. Unless we somehow get a vaccine by then, nothing with this virus will have changed and the risk of people in large groups will remain.

From what I hear there could be a covid vaccine by fall. Covid will be under control and the show will happen.
The fall of 2021 maybe but not the fall of 2020. Ive seen nothing that says we could have a vaccine any time this year.

I think there will be, but I would not be shocked if the show was a lot smaller in comparison, and everybody had on masks or use a ton of hand sanitizer. I wonder if they will cancel the demo day aspect though?

So assuming there is one does Mward go dressed in a hazmat suit?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I’m gonna go No ( on an in person one) on this. I want there to be one, absolutely.

with some OEMs not attending last year, and some delays in gear releases this year, I expect the major OEMs will have fewer things to show. If you add on the possibility of a cancel due to COVID part 2; the risk is higher.

I expect a virtual PGA show where OEMs live stage their goods and stream it online vs an in person one.

Back