Will Tony Finau Win in 2021?

Ouch.

He has life..

That may turn out to be an expensive 3 footer.

could it be, will Tony Win, today?

Going to take a miracle from Homa after that tee shot

He made a hell of a shot.

goes to show that you \can't count anyone out

Funny that this thread was created and we are on the verge of a possible win!!

Tough loss, but Homa earned that one.

Well. Damn..

This guy is gonna get there soon. Just too many opportunities.

He shot 64 on Sunday to get into the playoff. That should put to bed the question of whether he can post a great score on Sunday. The question that remains is can he get the win. That answer seems more likely after his performance today.

Last edited:
I think Finau will win and once he does will win several. I do think the only thing that will hold him back is his putting stroke which he seems uncomfortable with. If he gets comfortable with the putter he will win a bunch.

Putt on 14 in extras was his opening and he didn’t capitalize. He’s close but seems he just can’t pure that one iron shot or make that big 8’ under pressure.

That Homa chip was insane. Tony has to firm that putt in.

Finau is an example of why we continue to lose Ryder Cups....great players who can't win 😐

I would say today isn’t an indictment on the Tony Finau can’t win saga. -7 to get to the playoff is phenomenal. Winning in golf though is all about hitting the perfect shot of the tournament to go win. He needs to put his birdie putt on 10 in the playoff to tap in range. It’s a hard green, but these are world class courses you have to hit hard shots. Tony seems to fold when he has the lead after 54 and when he storms back and catches someone he’s always one putt short or one bad shot in a crucial moment. Unfortunately if it comes to a pressure putt he just never sinks it. Not sure what the fix is but it’s clearly mental.

I think so. He’s right there with his game, he just needs to believe he will

Man that 64 showed me a lot today. Unfortunately that putt on 10 did too.

Finau did not choke today. Homa wanted the win and took it.

Homa blew the win initially on 18.

Finau did not play 18 well in regulation.

In the playoff, he just had a tad more speed on that last putt than needed.

He will win ... in 2020.

Back