Will You be Flying Before the End of the Year?

Everywhere I need to go right now requires a quarantine time, which is why I haven't gone anywhere since March. There is nothing I need to do in the states.

I'll try to avoid it. It's not that I'm afraid of covid... there's a vaccine coming sometime... it's that from 1992-1998 I flew for a living with the USAF. I'm done flying if I can help it. I don't want to do it anymore.

I'm actually surprised so many have posted yes. Or it may be the fact that those that are no's are choosing not to post? I was expecting a few "hell no's". I'm still planning on getting out to Lake Tahoe in August for the little gathering.

It won't be right away, but I plan on flying this year.

Hopefully! Was planning on heading to Scotland in November... fingers crossed that can still happen. But whenever it does...

Really difficult to say.... we don’t get around the UK by using flights so would be looking at visiting other countries if I were to use a plane however uk government have just imposed a 14 day quarantine period in return to the UK. I haven’t enough holiday to cover that so my 40th birthday plans are being postponed as we want to come to the USA again.

Maybe nearer the end of the year, but our summer vacation is likely not in the cards. Not flying anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of cancelled flights with rewards just sitting there. I will most likely use them for something before they expire but I am not holding my breath.

I doubt I will fly in 2020. First, I hate flying. Second, all of my work travel has been moved to online meetings. And for personal travel, I can drive for what I have planned. I would fly for a very compelling reason such as a family death but overall don't see any reason to be packed like a sardine in a canister during an active pandemic.

Really difficult to say.... we don’t get around the UK by using flights so would be looking at visiting other countries if I were to use a plane however uk government have just imposed a 14 day quarantine period in return to the UK. I haven’t enough holiday to cover that so my 40th birthday plans are being postponed as we want to come to the USA again.
Just imposed a quarantine? Were they not doing it before when everything else began shutting down for covid?

Not if I don't have to.

Reactions: Ooo
I'm actually surprised so many have posted yes. Or it may be the fact that those that are no's are choosing not to post? I was expecting a few "hell no's". I'm still planning on getting out to Lake Tahoe in August for the little gathering.
Still planning August as well. I won’t live in fear.

Oh yea! Got a couple weddings to go to and a few vacations planned!

I usually only fly occasionally for work or my fall golf vacation. I can't see any work requirements in the near future, and I think I will probably pass on flying in the fall. It will add a couple of days, but I can drive to and from Florida. That is, of course, assuming that the older guys I go with are able to travel. If the property owner can't travel, then there won't be a FL vacation for me.

If you were to offer me a free flight on July 1st anywhere in the world I wanted to go, that would be a hard pass.

Supposed to go to the Philippines later this year for work, not sure if that it still on or delayed some. No current other plans, but won’t rule out other travel.

I definitely am going to avoid unless I absolutely have to. I only have to fly for work about once or twice a year and it is always abroad. It is more for niceties and not really necessary so I doubt any of that will happen. If necessary I will do it but am more than happy to avoid a 10-15 hour flight halfway accross the world for a couple dinners and 3-4 days of meetings.

I can survive doing vacations that I can drive to this year. My family meets in Palm Springs, Central Coast or Tahoe. We don't plan on canceling any of those. We canceled a trip to Hawaii in June and we are going to replace that with a drive somewhere on the west coast this year.

Houston in July may or may not get canceled. My wife is probably still going. I was 50/50 anyways because Houston in July is miserable and I was always going to be 50/50. I usually get away with the Christmas holiday trip and get to skip the summer one.

We are planning on 2 trips by plane still this year but in Oct and November

Maybe in October, depending on how the situation is.

Nope but that's only because I already went on vacation this year where I flew (and got back just before everything went crazy thankfully)

I think the biggest problem with flying this year is going to be the uncertainty from the airlines and not knowing if they'll change or cancel your flights due to lack of people.

I don't fly much, but if I had a reason to I'd do it.

I’m hoping to make it to Arizona to see some of my THP friends this fall.

Back