Will You be Flying Before the End of the Year?

Not entirely sure tbh. Haven’t ruled it out, but it’s not like I travel every year to begin with.

I’m not counting small work trips to the USVI. There’s a good chance one of those happen

Golf trip to Phoenix on 6/15 - 6/19; flying Southwest Airlines from Houston. Don't know what to expect at this point...

my plan was to, but I don't think I will be doing much travel this year now.

This is an interesting topic because as Ive read some emails from airlines, it may be safer than we think. Theyre disinfecting every plane thoroughly after every trip (which shouldve been happening before this...but I digress), theyre keeping seats open to space people apart (hopefully this never changes lol), and everyone is wearing masks and protecting themselves...was supposed to fly in july but havent decided...

Only if I get into a THP Event & I can wear a Hazmat suit on the plane. :eek:

Will be, and have been, flying often.

Possibly flying commercial in October :(

I will be on a plane within the year many, many time whether I like it or not.

No. It will probably have to be an emergency. Haven't flown in years but it seems to be getting more tiring to drive. One of the joys of getting old, but look at the alternative.

I have no problem flying now or later this year.

I was planning on it but since they're opening up pubs in Ireland until August, I will not be. But I wouldn't be scared to fly.

I think for myself, my fears are based on how controllable this virus will become.
what’s the progress in a vaccination?
will the airlines require masks? Will the airlines pack the people in?
How bad do I want to go

I’ll be flying to San Diego In the next 90 days with my junior in college daughter to help her move into a new apartment. We will be traveling to Florida a few times or more before Christmas and my wife will certainly be flying for work trips in the next month or two.

We canceled out Mediterranean cruise in September.

Only if I get into a THP Experience that requires me to fly because of distance to destination. Otherwise, no.

Once Hawaii lifts their 14 day quarantine, I'll head there for a while just for a change of scenery. I'm techically still supposed to go to Morocco (was supposed to be traveling there right now.) Then after that I'm not sure. I know I have to go to Italy at some point this year if I can get in and out in a matter of days. After that probably nothing until Q4

I plan on flying around Christmas... And maybe as early as August.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is getting closer and closer to me saying yes and just protecting myself.

I really don't want to, but I have a credit with SouthWest that I have to use by the end of the year or I forfeit $450!!

If there is a need for a flight to a THP experience, yes, other than that, I Drive

If we get a vaccine for COVID and its nothing but a bad memory, absolutely.

I have trips planned for Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Brasil and Peru as soon as I can confirm the return flights will not be a nightmare.
Sounds like fun trips except for the work part! Stay safe!

I'll miss COVID flying. No lines, empty seats, cheap prices. Although didn't do much of it, when I did it was peaceful.

So yes, I would fly if needed.

I already have and it was fine. Security line was totally empty, plane was only 1/4 - 1/3 full, airport was pretty much empty and had hand sanitizer everywhere you turned. I made sure to bring Lysol wipes, gloves, a mask and hand sanitizer. It was fine, I didn’t have a problem with it at all.

Let's say all of this goes away sooner than later. Things slowly begin to return to business as usual. Are you willing to get on a plane?

I know I'll be flying, but I have friends that are afraid of being cooped up in a sardine can with potential hazards.

How comfortable are you ?

If airlines would actually do distancing, i'd fly now but would rather wait until a vaccine/remedy is available and done. But now, airlines have cut number of flights and planes seem crowded. I'd rather they raise prices and do distancing - don't fill the middle seat - and seat every other row.

If airlines would actually do distancing, i'd fly now but would rather wait until a vaccine/remedy is available and done. But now, airlines have cut number of flights and planes seem crowded. I'd rather they raise prices and do distancing - don't fill the middle seat - and seat every other row.
I'm with you here. I don't actually have anywhere to go right now though, as most holiday destinations are requiring some form of quarantine, and all of my work stuff is either postponed or being conducted via conference call.
I wouldn't mind going to see my folks in Michigan, but the whole idea of mixing households isn't the best at the moment.

Hated to fly before, now, even less. I won't take a cruise either.

In our first hand experience we have not seen this at all. We do see the news reports, but very different than what we have seen actually flying including no middle seats, every other row empty, etc.

This includes multiple airlines and 3 different airports.

Back