Will You Retire to a Golf Community?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming you have not retired yet, so decisions have not been made. Do you think you will retire to a golf community?

If I can afford it! I'd like to be in a community with easy/ready access to golf year round. That's a pretty expensive journey, but one I think would be worth it

💯 Yup, absolutely.

I sure hope so, in the north/south Carolina area because NJ will probably be even more stupidly expensive to live in by then

My buddies already have a strategy to all go to the same area, and it's a good thing our wives get along

Hopefully not. I’d much rather retire to somewhere that I can have some acreage.

If I ever retire I certainly hope so, but the significant other will obviously have some input.

10 years ago, maybe not. But I'm starting to really like the idea. Either that or get a weekend house near a course!

Absolutely. Looking forward to lots of travel and daily golf in retirement.

Put alot of thought into that idea but I think my wife and I are now focused on a condo on the ocean in either N or S Carolina. Plenty of golf options around there, so why get tied down to one course.

Doubt it....if I ever retire, which it seems I never will, it would be in Florida on a canal with access to the ocean. Take the boat out and fish. But if im not fishing I'm golfing, it's florida.

No, I feel like my right of passage should be the same in retirement as all the others I run into an drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit on my way to the golf course as that’s the only place I’d be driving.

I don't think so, while this has been a hobby for almost a year now I grew up in the outdoors and I feel like I'm going to either want to go full country or live wherever my kids do.

Undecided. Could see the benefits but probably couldn't be our only home. Not sure what situation we will be in come retirement.

I used to be adamantly against moving anywhere but have been thinking about it a little lately so I'll leave the door open - a decision to be made at a much later date. Some of the perks could be nice, but I really like living on acreage.

hmmm, i doubt it. but i won’t be far from a course.

No, I’m going to be a snowbird. I’ll be near golf courses but will not be in a golf community.

Already did 😎

no, Will retire to about 5-10 acres in North Texas where i can drive to a course. But i want to have some room to garden, couple of animals and no HOA

Not in, but near. Kinda like now.
I'm 10 minutes from the clubhouse at a good course.
Can't afford a larger lot in a golf community, and we plan on having a travel trailer ( not dealing with HOA )
Plus, it would have to be a really good course, which I couldn't afford. Otherwise I'd get bored playing the same track most of the time.:LOL:

If not a golf community, I hope it's at least on or near a beautiful course

Nearly bought a 2nd place in a couple different lake/golf communities last year. Last place they verbally accepted our offer then got sketchy on the call, wouldn't return calls for 3 days then they said we were outbid. Lol. We ended up with rec property without a GC, but pretty sure we will someday get a place with access at least.

Back