Handicap
Nah.. probably not.

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
Hard no! Not a fan of HOA's or other restrictive rules Nazi's that control these communities. We will find some property in Arizona for the winter homestead and live up here at camp in the summer. I'm used to driving a hour or more to travel to golf courses and do not see that changing. 😎

USAF Ret in Wis

Morgan Cup Alumni - 2021
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, we just bought a house we expect to retire in and are not on a golf course...so no for us

Gman79

Optimistic about golf in 2022!!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In the community maybe near a course yes... Floating the snowbird option but considering our little one is 19 months, still have a long time to figure out!

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Yes and maybe, either in a community or on a golf course.

Phil75070

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.8
If you are talking a "retirement" golf community, no way! We looked at a couple. They always seem to promote themselves as being for "active adults over 50". Problem is, people move in with no intent to ever move out other than to be carried out so the community ages over time. You get up in the morning wondering which, if any, of your neighbors failed to survive the night!

As for a "non-retirement specific" golf community, I live in one, used to belong to one of the two courses when I was working, but there is no way for me to afford belonging to either of them in retirement as they are both private. Initiation isn't cheap and, in addition to dues, either cart fees or trail fees (if you get your own cart) are prohibitive as neither course is really ideal for walkers as they both wind their way through the community with extensive walks between many of the greens and the next tee.

Fortunately, there are reasonably close daily fee courses that have offered affordable memberships that are all inclusive of golf, range balls and cart. Usually there is the option to get just weekdays at a reduced rate. Seven day programs are typically also offered if one can, for the most part, only play on weekends. It still usually works out better than paying the weekend greens fee every time you play.

Danimal

Srixon/Cleveland Player
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~10
Not likely. I have many golf options close by and like variety. I don’t see myself leaving the area because of family and I have no desire to have live in one in this area.

leftshot

Remember to smile
Reaction score
Maybe. Depends.

I used to think we might end up at The Villages in Florida, or there is a retirement community locally that goes by the same name, but is not associated. I've soured on The Villages in Florida for a number of reasons and the one locally has seen the association dues sky to beyond $1,000/mo. My wife doesn't like the desert, so AZ is out. Some of the Del Webb communities have some appeal. The fact is we love being around families, so that pulls us some different directions.

orchard53

Reaction score
We thought about it but the HOA and their restrictions make it a no go. I need to be able to work on boat or RV when going on vacation.

JimBetts

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Definitely yes for us. We have friends who are already in a retirement golf community in AZ. It has everything we need/want so I'm sure that's were we'll end up. Just waiting for a couple more years to pass and then we're there.

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Most likely. It’s where we seem to always be looking.

Acesteve

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Likely no

I'd have to talk my friends into moving as well and that is not likely

El Rayo X

Reaction score
Handicap
If you are talking a "retirement" golf community, no way! We looked at a couple. They always seem to promote themselves as being for "active adults over 50". Problem is, people move in with no intent to ever move out other than to be carried out so the community ages over time. You get up in the morning wondering which, if any, of your neighbors failed to survive the night!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I was a member at a course in Washington were the pro told me "everytime I hear a siren, I wonder which member we lost!":eek:

JW Smoove

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Carbs
A golf community specifically? Unlikely. I will retire to the greater Charleston SC area and play golf, lots of golf.

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I was a member at a course in Washington were the pro told me "everytime I hear a siren, I wonder which member we lost!":eek:
Do yo take a two stroke penalty for a lost member ? No closer to the hole .... 😬😊

OhioGolfer

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
I just hope to be able to retire one day.

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers 2021 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I did and then moved away as my kids started popping out kids and the wife needed to be closer. Was in PGA Village for 8 years.

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would like to.

Was just telling my wife that I came up with a new bucket list item: get an RV and travel the US, playing in as many states as I can. Thinking something like a 6 month excursion in my late 50s, early 60s.

Hope I unlock this achievement…

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No. Golf will be part of my life, but I don’t see us in a golf community or a house on a golf course.

RayG

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
God, no… why would I want to live with a bunch of weirdos?

Besides, the wife is no fan of the game. She ‘tolerates’ my hobby. Anywhere I retire needs to be close to the ocean and have golf available nearby for when there are no waves.

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
God, no… why would I want to live with a bunch of weirdos?

Besides, the wife is no fan of the game. She ‘tolerates’ my hobby. Anywhere I retire needs to be close to the ocean and have golf available nearby for when there are no waves.
I suppose it depends on definition of weirdo, that said , golf is not the epicentre of weird , the species also habitates , coastal and bush regions as well as city and country in every hemisphere of the planet lol 😆

Ludin

Proud Team E1iterate Member
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Will definitely have a membership somewhere, but truly depends on where I land as well. It would definitely be a nice feature.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in