Will you still let them play.

Golferbest

Reaction score
Handicap
With my pondering of going back to a belly putter, I had a thought. In a little more than a year anchored putters will be banned. Now club houses will follow the ruling in most tournaments and events. However I believe alot of weekend worriors or golfers that dont play in a competition type setting will continue to use their anchored putter. Now with regular games most wont pay any mind to it, bit when it comes to skins or friendly wagers will you let them continue to use their putter?

With my pondering of going back to a belly putter, I had a thought. In a little more than a year anchored putters will be banned. Now club houses will follow the ruling in most tournaments and events. However I believe alot of weekend worriors or golfers that dont play in a competition type setting will continue to use their anchored putter. Now with regular games most wont pay any mind to it, bit when it comes to skins or friendly wagers will you let them continue to use their putter?

Yeah I wont care one bit in a non tourney and events environment

Yup. Doesn't bother me at all.

Let em play. Whatever makes the game more fun to them.

Let em use it IMO.

Friendly match yeah, tourney? absolutely not, deal with the yips like the rest of us.

If it's just a friendly game, yeah I wouldn't care what they used.

Weekend warrior? Casual game? I don't care if you putt with with a pool cue. A tournament? Rules are rules.

Let them use it. Does not bother me at all

I'd let them use it whether it was friendly or for money or whatever. Don't care. In fact, I think I'd get pleaure if they did keep using it.

None of the guys I play with regularly game one. I probably wouldn't bet money with someone I don't regularly play with. If we are talking about something organized by the course then I would expect rules to be followed.

Absolutely would let them play. Wouldn't hesitate a second

I think most of the seniors that currently play with them will continue to do so. Once you get the yips it's pretty near impossible to putt without them. So my vote would be yea let them play with the belly putters and enjoy the game. On the other hand I've seen guys in their 80's putting with regular length putters. They're set in their ways and when the belly putters came out, they were not gonna change. Crazy game huh :D

I don't like the idea of someone using one once it's banned. Why have rules at all if we don't follow them? What's the difference between using a belly putter and grounding your club in a bunker? Both are against the rules yet one is deemed acceptable? Should just put a 15th club in the bag too.

I guess it is more prevalent elsewhere, but I honestly don't have anyone I play with that uses a long or belly putter. For a friendly round, I wouldn't care.

Let them use it! We should be advocating for all golfers not trying to impose limits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

In non-tournamnet events I see no issue. The game is hard enough as it is & if the long/belly putter helps you then I support that. You can't tee off or hit approach shots with your belly putter (if you can then you are You Tube Gold my friend) & I would play with you any day.

I don't like the idea of someone using one once it's banned. Why have rules at all if we don't follow them? What's the difference between using a belly putter and grounding your club in a bunker? Both are against the rules yet one is deemed acceptable? Should just put a 15th club in the bag too.

So you're saying everybody that needs the belly/long putter to still play and enjoy the game should quit when 2016 arrives. Just sell all your your clubs and say good bye to golf. I think the rule change was stupid in the first place. There are many on the champions tour that say they will leave the game if forced to leave their current putters. What do you think that will do for the game of golf with legends putting their clubs down. Absolutely stupid damn rule IMO.

I would have no problem letting them play. Someday when my back is shot I'm going to need a long putter. I practiced putting for about 75 minutes both of the last 2 days and my back is suffering a little this morning.

I would have no problem with someone using one in casual play. If they felt that strongly to stay with it, more power to them. As long as it's all in fun it doesn't hurt anything.

guess it's easy for me to answer since i don't know/have rarely seen any belly putters in play, but i wouldn't mind as long as it's not in a tournament.

I really dont care what other people play. If they want to play a belly putter, then go for it. You still have to make the putts.

So you're saying everybody that needs the belly/long putter to still play and enjoy the game should quit when 2016 arrives. Just sell all your your clubs and say good bye to golf. I think the rule change was stupid in the first place. There are many on the champions tour that say they will leave the game if forced to leave their current putters. What do you think that will do for the game of golf with legends putting their clubs down. Absolutely stupid damn rule IMO.

I am not saying that at all. I am saying the rule is cut and dry. Whether the decision was a good or bad one isn't all that relevant. It's not all that dramatic of a change.

But I use the example again, if you allowed the belly putter why couldn't I ground my club in the bunker? Both are in equal standing in the rule book.

Back