Will you try or play a longer than average driver this season?

I'm actually considering going shorter. I don't hit the ball all that far anymore...might as well hit some fairways

Whatever the stock length is on the Epic Max LS.

I'm most likely the opposite. In reality, I've strongly considered shortening my driver 1/2".

Everyone is chasing distance, the move to longer shafts is starting to happen at the OEM level. Will you play a 46" shaft or longer?

I've tried a couple and I don't love it. What about you?
I’m 100% going to try a 48” setup at one point this season.

so my current is 45.5" driver shaft.... I smack the center of the face pretty consistently I would say. Wondering if I lose some consistency from a longer driver (lose track of where head is or if it just takes time

I wonder if @DannyLe has anything in store at Shaft Up!

No, I'm better off focusing on accuracy over distance.

A golfing buddy of mine used to game the Cobra Long Tom, that I believe was 48". He was one of the few that I've seen that could keep it under control most of the time. When he caught it well with a good swing, his shots were things of beauty. Sadly, one of the other times when he sailed a shot deep in the woods, he let his anger get the best of him and he broke the head.

In my feeble mind I'm thinking the LD Spec B21 may be the Golden Unicorn, in reality it maybe just a way for me to lose more balls! Either way I plan on finding out once my season opens. 😎

I currently play a Rogue SZ 9* at about 45" in the -1/N setting with a 14g weight in front and 7g in back. I want to try a long driver for scrambles (and out of curiosity) so I'm going to put a tour strong adapter (-2) on a Hzrdus Smoke Black 60 6.5, change the weights out to 2g/1g and see how it works at 48". I'm excited to try it...

I already did for 8 rounds in Phoenix on a boys golf trip and I'll be sticking with 44.5". I settled on that length driver in the mid 90's and each time I try a longer length it confirms that I've already found the ideal length for me.

Regardless of how short I hit driver, until I can learn to control the club face the last thing I need to do is chase more distance.

No, Maybe I am one of the few not chasing distance. Accuracy is far more important that a extra 20 yards.

JMHO

Nope, not wise for me to go longer. Already on the edge at 44.5.

I got my Mav Max out on the course this week, it being 45.75" long. If anything, I would consider taking off anywhere up to 1". Although, I hit it quite well first time out so probably will just leave it alone. While many golfers seek to find distance, I look to find the middle of the fairway. It seems like distance is like a drug to many golfers, but there is nothing like the middle of the fairway. 220 yds in the middle of the fw is better than 240 in the rough, so whatever length shaft allows for this will be my length. 45.75" is the longest I will play, and maybe go down to 44.75"?

I'm going longer this year. Although not in the sense the original post described. I'm going from 44.25" to 45" on my new TSi3. It felt pretty stable and easy enough to keep towards middle of the club face. I have no desire to see how wild I could get at 46"+. I doubt it'd be pretty.

I don't remember the link, but there was a guy on youtube that accidentally got shafts messed up and his driver was 40". He decided to give a go and was totally crushing it. He was totally shocked that he could hit a short driver so well. You just never know what will work.

I got a new shaft end of last year for my Epic Flash. When installing it figured what the heck so I didn't trim it. Played at 48. Took adj weight off and. SW was D 2 hit it really well for a few weeks gained about 10 yards Then went out and hit a few like I never do...So trimmed to 46. All good now.

Nope. The distance I get from the occasional square, center-face strike is overshadowed by the other dozen mishits, slam hooks, and banana fades :(

Oh, and drop kicks. I forgot about the drop kicks.

No. I'm playing the same drivers I did last season.

I would really like to. But I’m trying to figure out if I’m going to be switching drivers soon before I get a shaft I have tipped up

Definitely not. I cut down to 44" last year and it was the best move of the season. A lot fewer wayward drives and no noticeable loss of distance.

Nope. If anything I'd be going shorter. I have enough trouble controlling a standard length driver!

At some point this year I plan on getting a longer shaft for sure. Kinda miss them really but it will take some time to adjust back to it.
May be a short term experiment but want to give it a go and have been looking at shafts and waiting in some OEMs to come out with ones designed for the extra length. Some are here but there is no rush until back to a full healthy knee. They are much more demanding at all the fulcrum points, not just the knee.

I will not.... I’m content with my distance and I need control. I for one won’t be on this bandwagon

Back