Will you try or play a longer than average driver this season?

No, Maybe I am one of the few not chasing distance. Accuracy is far more important that a extra 20 yards.

JMHO
A fair take.

But that’s the different in a 5i and 7i into.m a green. Put a 7 in most golfers hands even in some rough and they will fare better 7/10 times.

Was just fitted to my new driver head at Club Champion. We decided on something in the 44” range for the shaft.

I am always chasing speed, but would prefer a straight ball flight more. I am keeping to the under in shaft length for the consistency aspect for me.

A fair take.

But that’s the different in a 5i and 7i into.m a green. Put a 7 in most golfers hands even in some rough and they will fare better 7/10 times.
Agree with this take, however I think a lot really depends on the course. How tight or close are the trees? Do you have plenty of room if off to the right or left? How thick is the rough your playing?

Some of the courses I play will punish you harshly if you are more then 15-20 yards off the fairway. Where the trees/woods come in to play or the rough is very difficult to get solid contact on.

Yet, if I were playing a bit more open course with better manicured rough, grabbing that longer driver shaft and going for it would absolutely be in play and help many golfers.

Agree with this take, however I think a lot really depends on the course. How tight or close are the trees? Do you have plenty of room if off to the right or left? How thick is the rough your playing?

Some of the courses I play will punish you harshly if you are more then 15-20 yards off the fairway. Where the trees/woods come in to play or the rough is very difficult to get solid contact on.

Yet, if I were playing a bit more open course with better manicured rough, grabbing that longer driver shaft and going for it would absolutely be in play and help many golfers.
Would you ever consider changing your driver or shaft based on the course you are going to play?

I would be tempted to try it if I continue to see the type of distance I saw yesterday with 3 wood. It would allow me to have a less consistent driver. Tempted is different than actually doing it, though. It’s an expensive experiment to purchase, say, Callaway’s long driver configuration. I have to wonder if the extra 10 yards would be more than offset in shots lost to misdirection (which I know is stating the obvious).

I’m 100% going to try a 48” setup at one point this season.
Do you have in mind what head it will be?

Another way I would possibly try it is if I found a four would that I really loved, which would take the place of a 3 wood and 5 wood and leave me one extra spot in the bag for two drivers.

I’m average height with long arms. Hard no for me. 44-45” longest I can go and be consistent.

Would you ever consider changing your driver or shaft based on the course you are going to play?
Most golfers would not have this as a normal play, but I would absolutely do it. Having a longer driver shaft and a shorter shaft could be in play. Two drivers or having the different shaft ready to change before the round is something I think many here at THP could find beneficial.

One of the many that don’t end up my “gamer” :ROFLMAO:
Somehow, I don’t think that narrowed it down for me. 😂

Not for me.... too erratic finding center of face to add anymore length

Back