Will you try or play a longer than average driver this season?

I've been playing my drivers at 46 1/2" for a long time and have always liked them. I am going to take the length out to the max length this season and see how it goes.

Not a chance...Drivers are still something I'm trying to figure out. Extra length I think will just make my swing a bit more awkward than it already is! :ROFLMAO:

No I play 45 1/4 and will stay at that length.

No plans to change from current shafts.

Nope, I’m using standard length for my Mavrik driver, which is already longer than I probably should be playing.

No, I’ll take what little accuracy I have and go with it. To long of a playing length in the driver would get wonky in the swing and leak over to my other clubs.

Absolutely not. 45 for me. Seems to be the right balance between distance and accuracy for me. I'm short and have short arms, longer is not better for me.

I've been playing 45 1/2 or 45 3/4 for a few years now... I did not prefer "Tour length". At the same time, I really don't want anything longer. I struggle enough being wild off the tee as it is. If I chase distance this year, it is going to be through fundamental improvements in fitness and technique.

I plan on going to a fitting for a BB21 this spring and, after seeing @vgolfman posting about the LD Spec drivers, I am really hoping to hit one. I could sure use more distance and as long as my dispersion stays tight I would be all in on one.

My gut instinct is no, but will put all options on the table when I get to my driver fitting this year.

no. I will stick to my 45.25-4.5 and be happy..

I am pretty shallow on my backswing already and my fear is that using a longer driver may exacerbate that issue. I also find the center of the face maybe 1 in 3 drives. I would like to be at at least 1 in 2 drives before increasing the level of difficulty on that. In short I will still be using a 44.5" shorter than average driver this year.

Nope. Longer = harder to control, and I do not possess that skill level yet. I have had more success with slightly shorter drivers.

Yes, I have lost a lot of speed the past two seasons. Right now the plan is to experiment with 46 to 46.5. The longer club coupled with speed training I am hoping will get back some of the distance lost.

I'm likely to go shorter. I need potentially greater control and confidence vs greater distance

Very doubtful. The only way I try it is if someone else has one that I can takes some cuts with. Going to give 45.5" a shot since I have a demo coming in at that length. That represents .5 - .75 inches longer than what I have been playing for years.

No chance I will change. Firstly to have a second driver set up is just something that doesn’t fit in my pocketbook and secondly my home course is very tight and not wide open so I would just be feeding more balls deeper into the woods.

Nope, if anything, I will shorten it.

Most likely no, if anything I’d consider shorter to tighten dispersion. But longer is probably not something I think I would consider for awhile.

Fitted to a PXG driver last year and by choice went one inch long in a lightweight shaft. That was the longest could get with standard prices and seems to be working well. I have short arms and have always preferred a 1/2 to 1 inch long anyway.

I am just not confident in a driver that plays that long. I am actually moving in the opposite direction and getting closer to 45”. My dispersion is a lot tighter with the shorter shaft and can sacrifice carry distance as my home course plays very firm year round.

I plan on going to a fitting for a BB21 this spring and, after seeing @vgolfman posting about the LD Spec drivers, I am really hoping to hit one. I could sure use more distance and as long as my dispersion stays tight I would be all in on one.
Love it! Let me know how it turns out. Epic Max LS, Epic Max and Big Bertha B21, because of their forgiveness properties, are especially great options in LD Spec.

I’ve played all my drivers at 45”- 45 1/4” for as long as I can remember. This year I’m going to play my Callaway max LS at standard length and see if I notice anything material with the extra length but will not go any longer than that and may just cut it down

Back