Will your everyday life really change once COVID 19 is done?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We have seen so many posts on the affects of COVID-19 and countless threads. Heck, could probably have a dedicated section just on COVID-19. I am the same in writing this thread

But, with the last thread opening on should the flagstick stay in once this all has been solved and we are past the COVID-19 crisis has me really wondering how much people will truly change. Will social distancing be more common, will people wear masks more commonly here in the US, will people truly be afraid and act differently like not going to restaurants, bars, vacations, travel?

I am not talking economically, just in general.

Sure I am thinking many will not rush out to hug everyone one the quarantine is lifted, but will people actually change on a permanent basis?

I hope not, but wonder.

I question if people should change. This is a once in a lifetime pandemic. Once it is over why shouldn't life return to normal? I look forward to hugging people, shaking hands, giving high fives to my softball players, etc. Maybe I'm missing something, but personally I'm planning on returning to normal when this is over.

We will b*tch about some forced changes that don't help the issue much, like the TSA.

I don't think it will...the only things I do are work and golf...even my photography is unaffected as I primarily shoot water sports from a distance (until I get another housing for my camera), or i'm shooting in Yosemite or Sequoia NP...

Other than not shaking hands, I don’t foresee much change for me.

Nah.

We have seen so many posts on the affects of COVID-19 and countless threads. Heck, could probably have a dedicated section just on COVID-19. I am the same in writing this thread

But, with the last thread opening on should the flagstick stay in once this all has been solved and we are past the COVID-19 crisis has me really wondering how much people will truly change. Will social distancing be more common, will people wear masks more commonly here in the US, will people truly be afraid and act differently like not going to restaurants, bars, vacations, travel?

I am not talking economically, just in general.

Sure I am thinking many will not rush out to hug everyone one the quarantine is lifted, but will people actually change on a permanent basis?

I hope not, but wonder.
I would think very little day to day change

I may actually be better on a few things after this. I used to pop in to the grocery store every few days and get a basket of stuff. I'm gonna grab a cart and gets a few weeks worth of groceries now.
Gonna wash my hands and face more often.
Drinking Herbal tea now instead of booze. No desire to sit here and drink alone.

For some I think it will, but for most others no.

No, I may be a little more conscientious about things though.

Not sure, even before this I always washed my hands when I came home (I used to ride public transportation to/from work). One thing for sure I will appreciate being able to go to my favorite restaurants - I sure hope they survive this.

I think there will be adjustments made and in time those will change. Not sure life will ever be the same completely. Hopefully we get to find out soon.

I dont think things will change much in the long run. Once we get a vaccine or we develop enough herd immunity, life will go back and go on like it always has.
I do hope that people will have an appreciation for society/community and rediscover the simple things in life but I dont have much faith in that.
I saw someone post something on Facebook the other day that said something like, "when we get back to normal, perhaps we should look at what normal things are worth getting back to" and its really true.

100% for me. Much more frequent hand washing for the family. Much less minimal lifestyle. I will have a rotating stock of cleaning supplies, masks and other PPE items, just like I keep a rotating hurricane preparedness kit. I will also enjoy my travels and vacations with the kids so much more. My wife and I were discussing how we took our trips for granted because there was always another one. Not any more. I will try to treat each one like it may never happen again.

And I am going to golf my ass off. For a while.

Back